Login

russian armor

Fast T2

5 Jul 2015, 06:08 AM

A bit new to the Werchmacht. Decided I hate myself and want to try playing them without using T1. Critique this BO.

Prostruppen doctrine vs US, MA vs Sovs

Pio
Pio
Pros/AG
Pros/AG
BP1
LM Kompanie
Panzgren
Scout Car to counter M3, if not Panzgren
Panzgren
BP2
SP HQ
muh tanks

(med bunker when needed)

Throw in Paks whenever required and additional Panzgrens if really needed. The games I've played like this revolve around aggressively cutting off the enemy fuel and not really fighting, being a huge nuisance until the Panzgrens arrive. Up gunned Scout Car deters M20/M3/Greyhound, and mines/Pak deal with AA track.

Advantages to this I've noticed is the lack of Grens means I don't need MG42s, giving me pretty much free auto cannon, Med bunker and Teller mines. Panzgrens also shred all enemy troops, especially early game. Without Grens, they don't have too high upkeep either all things considered. Panzgrens are also nice juicy bait for Stugs and Pak blobs. (TWP)

5 Jul 2015, 06:23 AM

Fast m3s can exploit this really really badly as the ostruppen won't get fausts without t1, and ass grens can be kited. IMO t2 rush like this can only work in 2v2 and up with a teammate compensating for your early lack of any AT/AV
5 Jul 2015, 06:24 AM

And by exploit I mean that your 222 won't come quick enough before considerable damage is done
5 Jul 2015, 06:27 AM

I've done vs vs USF once and vs Sov T2 opening twice, and tbh my Ostheer rank is quite low. M3s would slice into this strat now that you mention it. Only thing I can think of is mines and sprinting away.
5 Jul 2015, 06:49 AM
Patrion 14

Honestly, t2 rushes are the most inefficient way to play ost imo. You give up your very early game, and in turn your very strong team weapons, and gain your t2 structure 10 fu faster. 10 fu is like 30 seconds in an even match, and for those 30 seconds, you make yourself an easy target for any light vehicle play.

Its definetly possible, but I wouldn't recommend it without an ally to cover your glaring weaknesses.
5 Jul 2015, 07:07 AM

Thanks guys
5 Jul 2015, 07:14 AM

I've done vs vs USF once and vs Sov T2 opening twice, and tbh my Ostheer rank is quite low. M3s would slice into this strat now that you mention it. Only thing I can think of is mines and sprinting away.

A really well placed teller can turn this strat into a super high risk high reward opening that can win you the game in less than ten minutes, even at a high level, so there's definitely merit to that. Sprint too can mitigate the m3 by closing distance and shredding the m3 at point-blank. Though the mine is really central to the whole strat, and I would not base an opening around the chance that you may bait an opponent onto the mine. My two cents.

Against USF it actually isn't a horrible idea, but for asgrens at least it would require a map that has lots of LOS blockers to let you ambush rifles. The fast 222 can definitely counter the LG rush, though this patch the captain is seeing much much more use. I'M if you were to attempt this strat it would be only against USF on a favorable map. At the end of the day, MGS and LMG grens are ostheers backbone, and pgrens wouldn't be able to fill the gap since they kill yor manpower.
5 Jul 2015, 08:48 AM

This strat cant work because you dont have have mg 42 , ostheer best unit and panzergrens and pioneers are too squishy for mainline unit combat + pgrens cost too much for reinforce.

I played one game agains this strat and he lost pretty badly
1. m3 give him BIG mp lost and i get big porcion of map because he needed to constanly retreat.

Then when he switched to pgrens i make double sniper bucause pgrens are too expensive to reinforce and when you got 2 memebers near 2 sniper you MUST retreat.

And in the end of the day i make fast t70 followed by fast t34 and it was gg for him because he wasnt having map control nor mp to produce tanks

Also this strat is quite weak agains shock doctrines cause shocks rape a**grens and pgrens really good
6 Jul 2015, 21:09 PM

Fast T2 wont work without good coverage from your ally on 2v2.
M3 will wreck you if you get only Ostruppen, ASSgrens, or even piospam.
222 doesnt do much damage either to infantry, its not worth the rush.

As others mentioned, T1 is Ostheer's backbone as it relays heavily on precious MG42s.

If your problem are Soviet Snipers, you and your ally should spam grens and play really really aggresive to exploit soviet's lack of infantry in exchange of his investment on Snipers. Later upgrade grens to LMG42 to compete with guards or they will be annihilated.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★