Login

russian armor

How to deal with PTRS

4 Jul 2015, 10:49 AM

I dont mean to rant, honestly :) But..

But, how do I deal with PTRS? Guards are a very strong unit and PTRS is like a sniper gun that also damages vehicles.. so as OKW what is the natural counter?

No, let me guess, unit preservation and focus fire?.. Right, anything else? :)
4 Jul 2015, 10:52 AM

Can we get a replay? :) (also wrong categorie - I belive someone will move it into State Office)
4 Jul 2015, 11:07 AM

Suppression is pretty much the go to counter, as OKW make use of the new and improved MG34, as Ost, MG42 is now god tier.
4 Jul 2015, 11:07 AM

I think ptrs is fine vs vehicles atm. vs Infantry its ridiculous. Grens squads sometimes get one shotted, DP28 burst > model kill + 2 PTRS shots, 1 model left. Its really, really stupid. PLS NO DAMAGE TO INFANTRY WITH AT WEAPONS RELIC.
4 Jul 2015, 11:22 AM

I don't think anti everything PTRS guns are in line with basic coh2 mechanics. Guards do damage like obers against infantry but still can fight off vehicles that you usually use to counter AI elite infantry.

I remember panzergrens lost the ability to get only one Schreck, because they became anti everything units. Sure the PTRS is not as strong as a Schreck but it's still enough to destroy medium vehicles or force them to drive back for repairs.
Right now guards are anti everything - a situation that encourages spam and decreases combined arms.

@Op

I don't think you can fight guards cost effectively infantry wise, either lure them into a HMG or use snipers as ostheer.
Ostwind is the only vehicle that somewhat can do enough damage to them before it has to go back for repairs.

As okw infantry wise dual obers seem OK, but cost ineffective when focusing single squads. Use a Jäger light infantry in between your Ober squads for additional crits and to snipe single models.
4 Jul 2015, 11:25 AM

Double post
4 Jul 2015, 11:45 AM

. PLS NO DAMAGE TO INFANTRY WITH AT WEAPONS RELIC.

that.
4 Jul 2015, 11:52 AM

Can we get a replay? :) (also wrong categorie - I belive someone will move it into State Office)

I am afraid there is no replay,, rage quit does that to a man :)

But I'm sure I'll have one very soon since it is being excessively exploited, especially on 1v1..
4 Jul 2015, 12:05 PM

Permanently Banned
I don't think anti everything PTRS guns are in line with basic coh2 mechanics. Guards do damage like obers against infantry but still can fight off vehicles that you usually use to counter AI elite infantry.

LOL
4 Jul 2015, 12:20 PM

no deal...just surrender
4 Jul 2015, 12:37 PM

Hi ukypo
As we all know its now really hard to play agains guar motor tactics .

Ill try to help you with them. And then even with guards.

From my experience OKW light howitzer is little wonder agains blobs because 1. it supress them 2. give them nice spasch gmg.

But let it take all from begining.
You can always look at enemy HQ and see whitch beuilding are built - you can see their tracks (if there is little square it means there is russian tier 1 and if there is little rectangle there is tier 2)

If you see there tier 1 your build order must be 3 volks and then raketen (use camo so he dont know it is there) or clow car will give you huge beating . Also dont overextend with your strumpioneers , they can be easily killed wiht flamer clowncar

good now you defeated your first thread - clow car

Now comes guards. You need to build medictruck and train little howitzer from medictruck
Also you need to build mg34 at least 1 - best commander for this is fortification due pak 43 , if you are not having it fallshirmjager will be enaught.
Here you can see how its best used Your text..

also here is nice link how to place OKW trucks - it doesnt help you to defeat guarde but you ll be able to stand ground agains them a bit better Your text..

And now hew will build famous 120 mm mortar i think. Or he will be just making guards blob.
Either way these call ins player are not so much clever and often forgot to build tier 3 or 4.

And you must punsh them now.
Build flak hq in behind of medictruck and rush luchs 2
That lil tank cant defeat hordes of guardas but when they are supressed or alone he can give russian player really good mp bleed.
Just make sure you dont overextend it.

At 8 Cp build pak 43 somewhere near medictruck becuase russian player is not having any off map to destroy it , only that mortar 120 , that you can steal if you can kill it crew with fast luch2 (russian player often dont protect it because he thinks he is indestructable)

Now it depends on you if you build panther or jagtpanzer IV but i prefer more JagtPIV and then build panther.

Also build some mines on choke point to creep those pesky 85

Hope this help you to play agains russian guard motor.

HINTS : use your sturmpioneers as flanker not main line combat infantry , suress guards and then attack with them

Dont overextend your tanks even lcuhs2 . they are key to your strategy and are hardly replaceble

Dont make more than 2 obersoldaten they really bleeds you + dont build them before luchs and dont forgo to pak 43

Upgrade shreks only when you know tanks will come , they decrease volks AI power

I know its cliche but dont loose any of your units , OKW is build around unit preservation

If you are not having fortification , instaed of pak 43 build 1-2 rakethen. NEver build falls , they are too squishy agains guards.

Veto right maps - bystraya vode (1 fuel) , semoskyy winter , la gleize breakout , stalingrad

Sorry for my english it isnt all the way perfect.

I know it is easier to write it than play it but hope this helps you

4 Jul 2015, 15:19 PM

Thank you all.. So here is a replay.. I shouldn't have done some obvious mistakes, I am aware but I do appreciate any comments.

5 Jul 2015, 08:46 AM

PLS NO DAMAGE TO INFANTRY WITH AT WEAPONS RELIC.

Don't you just love it when a Panzershreck wipes entire squads through some freak act of RNGesus though?
5 Jul 2015, 09:14 AM

Don't you just love it when a Panzershreck wipes entire squads through some freak act of RNGesus though?

Bazooka is even better at this.
USF captain is infantry murdering machine if you manage him to get in point blank.

5 Jul 2015, 09:27 AM

As OKW you just can offer meat against it, there is no real counter because OKW is poor designed. :clap:
5 Jul 2015, 10:19 AM

Guards can be extremely hard to deal with but they aren't really all that scary if you catch them off guard.

Certain types of cover and obstacles are good at negating PTRS fire, as the PTRS often hit those before reaching the infantry models.

If you have the munitions to spare, grenades can be used to help fight guards. Not for the damage but to force out the signature Guard dance. No use throwing grenades if you have nothing to follow up on it though.

While PTRS works against light vehicles your Flak HT should still be able to reliably fend off one or two guard squads attacking it. Not that useful for pushing the guards off though.
5 Jul 2015, 10:44 AM

It´s not the guards that are the problem, it´s OKWs design. A lack of a non-doctrinal HMG and the fact that most high DPS anti-infantry units are light vehicles really make OKW hard to play against Guards and rifles with zooks.
5 Jul 2015, 11:34 AM

ok, same old scenario again :)

This time I tried Defensive.. it was a close match tho..

Any comments will be appreciated.

5 Jul 2015, 12:36 PM
Donator 11

you drop to the floor and pray to whatever diety you want hoping they don't insta snipe 2 models from your squads so you have a chance to throw a grenade.
5 Jul 2015, 12:48 PM

Bazooka is even better at this.
USF captain is infantry murdering machine if you manage him to get in point blank.

That's a load of shit. I rarely see the Captain's zooks snipe any models. If so he's only on par with the PShreck that the Volks have.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★