Login

russian armor

Armored Assault Tactics useful or not?

3 Jul 2015, 20:53 PM

Generally, it is second doctrine which has access to IS2. It is hard to use. At 10CP we have double t34/85 and at 11CP IS2. But is has limited use. When we play T1+T2 and wait for call ins. But on 4CP ostherr have medium armor. Other idea is playing T2+T3/T4 but we only have conscripts as core infantry. And maps of course, this commander should be used only on maps like Lienne Forest, where we have warranted fuel point.
Help me maybe it is interesting commander, but everyone uses shock rifle. Someone expirianced, should do guide for soviet commanders :D
3 Jul 2015, 21:21 PM

It is one the best 4v4 commanders. Play heavy t2 into fast katys, lay mines everywhere, build cashes everywhere, enjoy late game supremacy with full popcap of actually useful tanks.

And do not build scripts ever until it is first squad for situational capping on some maps. They are god awful.
4 Jul 2015, 12:29 PM
Honorary Member Badge

When there was no limit on heavy tanks it was overshadowed by Shock Rifle

Now there isn't there is a point to it again.

I have not played a lot with it since patch, but Shock Rifle I used to do T1-T2 -> Call Ins; and I've been experimenting to see if that is still viable with Armoured Assault now.

Most of its abilities and units come late, apart from Radio Intercept which is passive and good right from the start.

Generally then you pick this commander early only if you expect a long game.

It lacks elite infantry and munitions abilities until later (No Shock Rifle Incendiary Barrage), but that does free you up to spend munitions on mines and demos.

Repair ability helps you keep your armour in the field without an army of engineers; and the IL-2 strafe is kind of meh

Really though it is all about getting the tanks, though you may need to build T4 in order to get Katusyhas or SU-85 to dish out some heavy damage otherwise getting to 10CP with just T1+T2 and no off map may take a long time.

4 Jul 2015, 12:54 PM
Patrion 14

In theory, its a great doctrine. In practice however, I often find myself having a hardtime getting replacements on the field, since I have to wait for the fu cost of the callins.

Anyone have any good replays/ casts of armored assault being used well in 1v1/2v2?
5 Jul 2015, 05:10 AM

It's now seeing some attention because of the new heavy call in limit. IS-2 supported by T34-85's is a pretty potent combo.
5 Jul 2015, 06:26 AM

It has marginal use in 2s cause of the radio I tercept, but it is an extremely top heavy commander that really only shines in 4s because of the previously mentioned heavy cap.
6 Jul 2015, 22:34 PM

Is this commander only for coh2 preorderers?
6 Jul 2015, 22:51 PM
Honorary Member Badge

No, you should be able to find it in the store unless they've changed everything again
14 Jul 2015, 17:00 PM

Watch about 21 July patch detalis? This commander will be weaker because we need T4 to use T34/85?
14 Jul 2015, 18:37 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Depends on game mode

I think in 4v4 this Commander may be stronger because you'll be able to build T34/85 earlier than you would otherwise be able to call them in

Also you will have access to all available options to support doctrinal tanks with other vehicles rather than just going T1+T2+Call In.

And, because of Radio Intercept you will have a better idea of which other ones to build.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 22
Peru 16
United Kingdom 53
unknown 6
United States 2
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W