Login

russian armor

A Molotov problem or...?

2 Jul 2015, 23:28 PM

Are Molotovs useful or really crappy?
Had a game when I flanked an MG-42 in the church on Bystra Voda and managed to throw two of these petrol bombs...the guy who played Germans didn't even bother to move out the squad as it suffered no deaths,just half the squad health gone and then just keeps pinning the rest of the squads(the flanking ones)...
Question is...does these things need a buff or just bad luck/RNG/gameplay by me ?
2 Jul 2015, 23:33 PM

Molotovs are mostly for area denial, but yes you got unlucky as occasionally the molotov won't affect the squad in the building if it's a big one.

Did you throw them where the actual models were in the building?

Units in buildings only take damage from stuff like molotovs and grenades if the models are actually getting hit by the explosive. If you throw a molotov at one end of the building when they are all shooting out the windows on the other side, they will not take damage from it.

But on a side note, yes the molotov did get a lot worse due to no more flamecrits when units are > 50%hp. It's a huge, huge nerf that practically makes the ability only useful for clearing out buildings. Not dodging motolovs is really not a big deal anymore as long as you don't stand in the fire for too long.

Molotovs arent as effective against big, tall buildings as the models inside could be in high locations and the molotov simply clips through the building and burns at ground level.
2 Jul 2015, 23:35 PM
Patrion 14

Molotovs are kinda RNG dependent I think. They are very useful for denying cover.

But you have to be close to throw the molotov and you lose the firepower of a soldier. How many shots can one soldier take until that molly is finaly been thrown?

I prefer not to get them but it depends on what you like I guess.
2 Jul 2015, 23:39 PM

Didn't really see where I threw them...in the middle of the building I think...but not killing at least a model left me a little...surprised?
They seemed too weak for it's price,as for cover denial it is decent
3 Jul 2015, 02:54 AM

the last patch nerfed the molly as they no longer kill at 100% hp.
3 Jul 2015, 03:11 AM

the last patch nerfed the molly as they no longer kill at 100% hp.

As it should be, since they're dirt cheap.
3 Jul 2015, 04:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2015, 03:11 AMCorsin

a "grenade" with the longest and most obvious animation that costs 125mp/25fuel to research and 15muni to throw is "dirt cheap"

How much do assault grenades cost again?
3 Jul 2015, 05:25 AM
Donator 11

Heard of assault grenades?
3 Jul 2015, 05:36 AM

even if they are "dirt cheap",they aren't really cost-effective
3 Jul 2015, 08:23 AM

They're not worth researching anymore after Relic didn't compensate for the flame crit change on them. Maybe on maps like semois with tons of buildings and cover you might still get them but on more open maps they're just a huge waste.
3 Jul 2015, 08:26 AM

They are cover denial , not normal grenade , + they are really anoying when russia player throw 3 of them at once in different locations.
Russia isn´t having muny sink hole and they are dirty cheap , so russian player can spam them , if he doesnt want to give you pain in the *** with demo charges

However they aren´t so good in tall building because they arent trhowed so hight to flame and kill mg gunner
3 Jul 2015, 09:11 AM

I used to spam molotovs with triple molotv bulletin range but now it's just bottle of warm water instead of bottle with deadly flames.

Thx Relic!
3 Jul 2015, 09:29 AM

Maybe a bigger AOE will help or discount on upgrade, they are very situational for 25fu.
3 Jul 2015, 09:39 AM

They aren't worth their upradge cost, 25 feul and 125 manpower is to much for this ability.
3 Jul 2015, 10:21 AM
Donator 22

I actually find the molly really useful. When I play sovs I use it at a ridiculus amount, they are great for harrassment and keeping the opponent occupied with intensive micro. though I think too that they schould be slightly cheaper, 15 fuel schould do it. the mp cost is fine.
To your problem: as others said the house was probably too big... the molly is quite rng dependent, sometimes it kills and sometimes it just reduces health but either way you hurt the enemy a bit. if low health the mg will surely get killed faster in the next attack or he has to retreat and heal which takes precious time. if you kill models he bleeds mp.
3 Jul 2015, 10:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2015, 08:23 AMCruzz
They're not worth researching anymore after Relic didn't compensate for the flame crit change on them. Maybe on maps like semois with tons of buildings and cover you might still get them but on more open maps they're just a huge waste.

Wasn't flamecrit chance applied just for flamers?

They specifically named flamers and infantry flamers in the notes, nothing really about stuff like molos or incendiary arty(which would be an huge overnerf).

Other then that, the higher rank you play at, the lower molos effectiveness is as they are 100% dependent on opponents lack of awareness with shortest range and longest throw animation.

Though I'm pretty sure alex will come here, preaching how molos are best nades in the game, will boast how he torches whole armies with them and will not provide a single example of the ones inside of his head.
3 Jul 2015, 11:35 AM

Though I'm pretty sure alex will come here, preaching how molos are best nades in the game, will boast how he torches whole armies with them and will not provide a single example of the ones inside of his head.

At this point you are just making yourself look like an idiot.
3 Jul 2015, 11:41 AM

Wasn't flamecrit chance applied just for flamers?

They specifically named flamers and infantry flamers in the notes, nothing really about stuff like molos or incendiary arty(which would be an huge overnerf).

Other then that, the higher rank you play at, the lower molos effectiveness is as they are 100% dependent on opponents lack of awareness with shortest range and longest throw animation.

No, moltovs did have a flame crit, they had a chance to instant wipe a bunched full hp squad on impact(I have had it happen to me before). They aren't worth shit now and the problem with trying to throw them into the side where the mg is on a building is now Axis MGs are really good and your con squad might not make it out alive. In general their damage is too low and with the AT nade change it actually makes Con squads a lot less useful as their role of grenade platform has been neutered.

Keep the AT Nade the same, but please buff the Molotov flame damage (significantly) Relic (or maybe have two memebers in the squad throw molotovs at the same time), because it is REALLY bad right now and squads can sit in the fire and be fine.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 50
Germany 32

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment