russian armor

search_radius, extended_sight_radius and outer_radius

2 Jul 2015, 18:14 PM

Hi.

I need to know what is the difference within this attributes:

sbpextensions\squad_attention_ext\search_radius

ebpextensions\sight_ext\extended_sight_radius

ebpextensions\sight_ext\sightpackage\outer_radius

I'm usually modify the outer_radius but I don't know what relationship have with the search_radius and the extended_sight_radius.
2 Jul 2015, 18:47 PM

extended_sight_radius shows up enemy units on the minimap without actually extending the unit's sight radius. You have to enable the extended sight using a modifier first on the EBP or SBP before it's active.

I suspect search_radius is the radius enemies have to be within before the SBP reacts to them on their own. Try lowering it to less than the unit's sight radius and see if enemies that come within sight (but not within search) are reacted to?
2 Jul 2015, 19:03 PM

extended_sight_radius shows up enemy units on the minimap without actually extending the unit's sight radius. You have to enable the extended sight using a modifier first on the EBP or SBP before it's active.

I suspect search_radius is the radius enemies have to be within before the SBP reacts to them on their own. Try lowering it to less than the unit's sight radius and see if enemies that come within sight (but not within search) are reacted to?

Thanks for the answer!!!

So, extended_sight_radius aply only for the minimap.

I have infantry squad with outer_radius 60 and search_radius 35 and react instantly when they see an enemy at 60 range.

2 Jul 2015, 19:50 PM

Not sure then what it's for. It was in CoH1, but I don't recall any modders figuring out what it was or bothering to change it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight