Login

russian armor

Katyusha was really like?

2 Jul 2015, 15:19 PM

The Katyusha was known for his ability to strike terror on the German troops, I think that should immobilize the troops that are within the impact area of the barrage. What do you think?
2 Jul 2015, 15:22 PM

The Katyusha was known for his ability to strike terror on the German troops, I think that should immobilize the troops that are within the impact area of the barrage. What do you think?

Not sure if serious ...

I'am not really sure that the Katyusha need the ability to pin any squad caught in the barrage area ( a full screen or little less ) ?

Ostheer have to call a plane to pin squad, in a reduct area compared to katyusha aoe range, and will not kill infantry ( or 1-2 entity maybe )
2 Jul 2015, 15:26 PM

Permanently Banned
troll thread

Step-by-step relic balance

If an allied unit has an equivalent axis unit it must be either

1. not cost-effective

2. useless

3. be effective at feeding axis units vet

4. or all the above
2 Jul 2015, 15:26 PM

Katyusha now in the good spot for it's price, its good vs bloobs, and new ability is good vs weapons crews. It doesn't need any weapon/damage buff or abilities. However a little bit more health, along with panzerwerfer, would be nice, something like 200hp.
2 Jul 2015, 15:28 PM

troll thread

Step-by-step relic balance

If an allied unit has an equivalent axis unit it must be either

1. not cost-effective

2. useless

3. be effective at feeding axis units vet

4. or all the above

Good thing that Katyusha is nothing of those ;)
2 Jul 2015, 15:29 PM

Not sure if serious ...

I'am not really sure that the Katyusha need the ability to pin any squad caught in the barrage area ( a full screen or little less ) ?

Ostheer have to call a plane to pin squad, in a reduct area compared to katyusha aoe range, and will not kill infantry ( or 1-2 entity maybe )

A Ju 87 Stuka can immobilize platoons of infantry with machine guns, but a barrage of 132mm with splinters and shrapnel cant? Ok, bless realism. i forget that the Germans were nerfed. I think they should have more Panzerschrek
2 Jul 2015, 15:35 PM

A Ju 87 Stuka can immobilize platoons of infantry with machine guns, but a barrage of 132mm with splinters and shrapnel cant? Ok, bless realism. i forget that the Germans were nerfed. I think they should have more Panzerschrek

While Katyusha will "kill" platoons of infantry with rockets, so you want immobilize+ kill, how about no

Coh2 is not "realistic", its just an RTS taking place in WW2, and trying to be "realistic", but gameplay > realism, if you want more realism, try men of war, do you think that the max range of a Su-85 is 60 meter ?
2 Jul 2015, 16:07 PM

While Katyusha will "kill" platoons of infantry with rockets, so you want immobilize+ kill, how about no

Coh2 is not "realistic", its just an RTS taking place in WW2, and trying to be "realistic", but gameplay > realism, if you want more realism, try men of war, do you think that the max range of a Su-85 is 60 meter ?

I guess it's like in other RTS when your favorite faction is among the OP do not want another among the group. Still I remember crying all pro-Germans when the Soviets were OP.
До Свидания товарищ
2 Jul 2015, 16:09 PM

Николай, дорогой, С Катюшей все и так здорово. Your idea is interesting but it woulda take the Katy out of balance. Right now it's doing a great job for it's low low cost.
2 Jul 2015, 16:10 PM

The Katjuscha is arguably the best artillery piece in the game. Don´t fiddle around with it. No buffs, no nerfs. Don´t fix what isn´t broken.

The Katyusha was known for his ability to strike terror on the German troops
So was the Tiger, yet it gets outranged by TDs in Coh2 for balance.
2 Jul 2015, 16:16 PM

Lets give the stuka and panzerwerfer a suppression ability as well. :foreveralone:
2 Jul 2015, 16:22 PM

You realize that would make Katyusha ridiculously OP right?

Just imagine: an Axis army moving along, not even that clumped up, then a Katyusha fires and suddenly all of your forces are immobilized. Now you can't get out of the impact zone with anything short of a retreat. Enemy got a Katyusha? GG.

While we're at it lets make the Stuka bomb immobilize too, and the Stuka zu Fuss, and Tigers and IS2s and fucking machine guns and mortars. No unit shall be safe, forever more all shall be immobilized in terror!

What you're proposing is the introduction of a morale system, something which is already loosely included with supression. You can't do this to the Katyusha without adding it to other terror weapons too, by your reasoning.

Either way, everyone knows that gameplay trumps realism in this franchise. Units that suppress almost never also deal significant damage, and units that deal significant damage almost never also suppress.
2 Jul 2015, 16:36 PM

Give Katyusha 12-15 armor making it semi-proof to small arms fire, should still die in 1 hit to an AT gun because it's a bloody truck. It also effective out at farther ranges than the Pwerfer.

Pwerfer should have 320 health and 25 armor to reflect it's roll as point-blank assault artillery. That or it gets bumped up to 200 heath and gets it's original rocket amount fired back so it no longer needs to fire at point blank range.

Stuka is pretty much fine as is, but the flame barrage should probably cost 75 munitions instead of 100.

To humor the OP; you idea was actually in game at point. All infantry "hit the deck" as it were when explosions happened near them meaning if you were caught in a Kat barrage you were pretty much dead.
2 Jul 2015, 17:15 PM

not necessary at all

I would like a buff to katyusha's hp/armor though. I feel like it's not outrageous for it to be able to survive 1 tank hit at 10% hp or so. What's really annoying is how fallschirms can magically pop out of buildings and instagib it.
2 Jul 2015, 17:30 PM

Permanently Banned
I think the Katyusha has its fear impact worked out very well in this game. If I have a defensive line and I hear it fire, I am almost parnoid to manouver anything I have out of the way.

They even balanced it quite well, by having it shoot in bursts. The real life Katyusha unleashed its rocket in a non stop volley of doom.

The only thing I would say it needs is some mor armor or hp. Insta spawn falls kill it without effort.
2 Jul 2015, 17:38 PM

This thread gives me an interesting thought, although HolyUnlyrical_Lyrics is another thing to think about.

Now this is low-priority and the BM-13 works well as it is now.

But to change it to less dmg but a pinning area instead is an interesting note, all I wanted to say.
2 Jul 2015, 18:08 PM

I've often wondered about what would happen if arty didn't do damage to infantry, but instead insta-pinned everything... From a more strategic level, that's what artillery did, pinned down and shocked the enemy, allowing you to send your troops in. That's not to say historically that artillery and especially rocket artillery, wasn't going to cause tremendous damage to you as an infantryman on the front line.
2 Jul 2015, 18:15 PM

It would be OP as hell.
Pinning troops and killing them all at once ?
NO !!!

Katyusa is in really good spot now , it is better than panzerwerfer and is more cost effective than OKW (OKW get only 66% fuel so Walking stuka theoreticly cost 150 fuel and catty only 85)

I thin katty suffer more from Soviet teching than from itself. It is really cost effective , only isn´t build too much in 1 vs 1 because of 120 fuel teching cost.
2 Jul 2015, 18:18 PM

I don't think changing rocket artillery into a pinning tool would go down well. People already have issues with pin planes, just imagine if every faction had a unit that could pin entire armies from range in a few seconds. And it would still have to do damage too, because without effective artillery there's no counter for defenses, and then we have Company of Verdun.
2 Jul 2015, 19:25 PM

ive played a mod where rocket artillery pretty much pinned but did minimal damage, it was pretty frustrating because the katy would never vet and could be countered by just retreating.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 35
Germany 14
Korea, Republic Of 2
Germany 46

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %