Login

russian armor

MGs not setting up

2 Jul 2015, 10:41 AM

Hi there,

this one is explained fast. Since the latest patch I´m experiencing set up bugs with all MGs. If you pull around the arc of fire and tell your MG to set up, often it doesn´t do this and only idles on that place. Only setting up automatically when enemies arrive.

This happens quite often, I would say about half the time.

Anybody else experiencing that?
2 Jul 2015, 10:51 AM

If you send it through ATTACK-MOVE it won't set up as they arrive to destination, but will set up as enemies arrive. This is intended.

If you send it through MOVE - it should set up.
2 Jul 2015, 10:52 AM

If you send it through ATTACK-MOVE it won't set up as they arrive to destination, but will set up as enemies arrive. This is intended.

If you send it through MOVE - it should set up.
I mean the regular set up by right klicking and adjusting the arc of fire - the way it always worked.

Why would they want to change that? It doesn´t make sense if I cant influence where the arc is.
2 Jul 2015, 10:53 AM

I mean the regular set up by right klicking and adjusting the arc of fire - the way it always worked.

Then it is a bug.
I have not experienced it in this patch.
26 Jul 2015, 14:31 PM

Hey, I´m going to buff this thread. I have the very same problem described here. I made a video to show it. This makes MG play currently impossible and ruins Ostheer for me. It´s a real gamble and happens - as described by Cardboard - often.

http://www.vidup.de/v/ibCeJ/
27 Jul 2015, 20:15 PM

Your movements in that vid are very quick; might it be an input lag issue, which could perhaps be solved by holding and dragging for a little bit longer?
27 Jul 2015, 20:24 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2015, 14:31 PMButcher
Hey, I´m going to buff this thread. I have the very same problem described here. I made a video to show it. This makes MG play currently impossible and ruins Ostheer for me. It´s a real gamble and happens - as described by Cardboard - often.

http://www.vidup.de/v/ibCeJ/

If you look at the move orders for the mgs that don't set up you are double clicking giving move orders after the arc is set. You can see the green splash after the arc was set and they walk to that instead.

Your mouse may be dying, try with a different one.
27 Jul 2015, 20:24 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

garden
27 Jul 2015, 23:30 PM

This has happened a lot to me, and for a long time, I assumed it was a universal bug.
28 Jul 2015, 16:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2015, 20:24 PMTobis

If you look at the move orders for the mgs that don't set up you are double clicking giving move orders after the arc is set. You can see the green splash after the arc was set and they walk to that instead.

- Your mouse may be dying, try with a different one.

- My mouse is relatively new, about a year.
- I have no problem with my mouse whatsoever.
- Others have the same problem.
- It suddenly occurred after the patch.
- I always dragged the mouse around like this and always in the same way. Now it´s totally random whether it registers an additional movement order or not.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★