Login

russian armor

The Official Cynthia leaving Relic thread

1 Jul 2015, 23:14 PM

Gentleman,

Like many of you, I am also sad to see Cynthia go. She was truly a lion for this community. When I think back of all the good times we had at the events she organized I simply grieve. Please use this thread to share fond memories and good times you've enjoyed under Cynthia's tenure. Filling her shoes will be no easy task; we must remain a strong community, it is what she would've wanted.

I was hoping to keep this a separate thread and after everyone shared their fond memories we could make it some sort of gift?
1 Jul 2015, 23:20 PM

a moment i can remember between cynthia and i, is when she gave me the good ol winky face;). since then things have been pretty serious between her and i...
2 Jul 2015, 01:47 AM
2 Jul 2015, 02:37 AM

Could we please not resort to insulting Relic staff's physical appearance? That is extremely juvenile.
2 Jul 2015, 02:50 AM
2 Jul 2015, 03:18 AM

I actually find that look quite attractive :wub:
2 Jul 2015, 04:08 AM

Yes, there is a difference between insults and jokes.
I think.
Right?
2 Jul 2015, 04:20 AM

Only if it's malicious intent.. Which is only semi true in our case :p lol
2 Jul 2015, 05:02 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Juvenile or not im gonna leave this i don't feel its serious nor have anything extremely offensive in it. so lets try to stay on topic shall we. :)

/back on topic
2 Jul 2015, 08:31 AM

And here we see why this community cannot keep a community manager around.
2 Jul 2015, 09:34 AM

I highly doubt that anything the community has said or done has had any influence or Cynthia's leaving.

The fact is that as a community manager you have to learn to handle the BS, and if you can't then you're in the wrong job.

I wish Cynthia all the best in the future!
2 Jul 2015, 14:17 PM

"The fact is that as a community manager you have to learn to handle the BS, and if you can't then you're in the wrong job."

Cya Cynthia!

Edit: actually, this is a little unfair of me. I admit, most of the problem is Relics' PR fascism. She's hardly to blame for that, right?
2 Jul 2015, 14:31 PM

as bad as some people here are, I doubt she left because of people in the community being dicks.
2 Jul 2015, 14:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jul 2015, 23:14 PMGdot
Gentleman,

Like many of you, I am also sad to see Cynthia go. She was truly a lion for this community. When I think back of all the good times we had at the events she organized I simply grieve. Please use this thread to share fond memories and good times you've enjoyed under Cynthia's tenure. Filling her shoes will be no easy task; we must remain a strong community, it is what she would've wanted.

I was hoping to keep this a separate thread and after everyone shared their fond memories we could make it some sort of gift?

Unlike you, im not sad to see her go. Her forum moderation was poor at best, defending community moderators that defended trolls that lead to why basically anyone who is anyone in the Coh2 community avoiding the Companyofheroes official forums... since they are full of trolls and poisonous posters. If you raise your voice at it, BOOM warning. If you raise moderation behavior to her (even in pm), BOOM Ban.

Appalling forum moderation skills and tbh ive not been that impressed with her community activity either. 1 random stream playing crappy mods every other week is just not that impressive.

I wish her the best with her future, but i seriously cant see the community suffering with her not running it.
2 Jul 2015, 14:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jul 2015, 14:39 PMCorsin

Unlike you, im not sad to see her go. Her forum moderation was poor at best, defending community moderators that defended trolls that lead to why basically anyone who is anyone in the Coh2 community avoiding the Companyofheroes official forums... since they are full of trolls and poisonous posters. If you raise your voice at it, BOOM warning. If you raise moderation behavior to her (even in pm), BOOM Ban.

Appalling forum moderation skills and tbh ive not been that impressed with her community activity either. 1 random stream playing crappy mods every other week is just not that impressive.

I wish her the best with her future, but i seriously cant see the community suffering with her not running it.

+1

Know how I got banned? By quoting a post from a certain bear that said something like, 'hey why not focus on the positive about this patch? It's got some new stuff in!', to which I replied,
'why not just talk about the next 6 month delay which is what we're all actually thinking about'

and BAM, banned. lol

Relic is so used to toxic posters that they can't differentiate harsh (but honest) criticism from trolls, subtle or not. Default response? Ban.

Fascism.

P.S. to those posting pics of hooked people and the suggestions of being trolled and so on: it's perfectly acceptable to have a discussion by posting. Not everything is a trap or a setup or getting one over the next guy. Peace.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★