Login

russian armor

Mechanics of Balance -Quentin

• This thread is locked
1 Jul 2015, 15:20 PM

What is the Balance ?

How Balance a game ?

These things are in reality very simple.

[Most of Time, in every modern war, the guy with the more ressources win.

It's no more a question of Tactics or Strategy. Their impact is extremly reduce from the beginning of News Technologys.]

You have 2 categorys for Balance the game :

-Infantery

-And Tanks ( fuel ressources )

The game is not working like this : early - mid-late - game

A game is a thing in developpment, in construction ... Fuel give you the power and the victory.
If your infantery smash his infantery, with your superiority of Fuel, you win with your superiority of Tanks.

For balance the game :
First of All The base infantery unit : Cons-Gren-Volks and riflemen need to be egual in term of Power

After the Infantery Fights with Light Vehicules/or not come Tanks.

If you take the advantage of Fuel with these infantery engagements, You need to win ... The first army who launched a tank win, IF NOT : he is bad, or his opponent use something OP.

How you can see if a unit is OP ?

If a man with a disadvantage of fuel can comeback with a motorized unit or not, so his tank is OP, or one commander is Op, for exemple CAS.

The Player with less Fuel need to loose vs a opponnent with more Fuel.

If he can compete, comeback or win, the unit or ability use is Op.

That's why Only Players with HIGH SKILL for each Mod can balance the game and if they test the game Together for see if a player with a disadvantage of Fuel can comeback.

That's why Relic Alone can't balance the game and of course not if in his Alpha they have a majority of Medium players or Bad players.

The second problem is that 1 vs 1 Mods =/= 2vs2 3vs3 4vs4 Mod .... In these Mods, maps are too much small and so the Efficiency of Tanks is reduce.
1 Jul 2015, 15:54 PM

This is hilarious. A main intent of Relic is for comebacks to be entirely possible.
1 Jul 2015, 15:59 PM

Permanently Banned
Your post is the perfect example for why this:

That's why Only Players with HIGH SKILL for each Mod can balance the game and if they test the game Together for see if a player with a disadvantage of Fuel can comeback.

is utter nonsense.

Thank you for that :)
1 Jul 2015, 16:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jul 2015, 15:59 PMI<444>3CoH
Your post is the perfect example for why this:

is utter nonsense.

Thank you for that :)

I'm going to +1 to that.

Seems like quentin confused CoH with starcraft, where only economy and number of units matter for the most part.

Economy in coh2 isn't irrelevant, but certainly isn't as important as in traditional RTS games, since you can do fine for extended time by just using menpower army. You don't need your own tanks to counter opponents and you definitely can't "equalize" infantry across the board.

Rifles and volks being equal to grens means allies would never win another game, because different armies have different starter kits.

Maybe quentin wants to play good, old "Z", but he is on alex level of wrong here.
1 Jul 2015, 16:07 PM

What you claim is not true, on so many levels.
For once there are entire strategies in COH1 or 2 that do not involve tanks, and they are there for a reason.
Second regarding your statement about who win modern wars in reality neither tanks nor resources solely win wars, see battle of kursk for reference.
More over there were no major inter-super-power war since WWII so frankly no one knows what win modern wars.

1 Jul 2015, 16:14 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

That is enough, please:)

What Quentin has written is not gospel, but it is not silly either.

@Quentin:please do not mix Mods with Gameplay - it's oil and water- they are two separate subjects

Back to topic on Quentin and CoH2 Gameplay (and moving thread accordingly)

1 Jul 2015, 16:19 PM
Donator 22

I think fuel is over rated resource in this game. Having good fuel control usually means that you'll be abel to field your tank little faster than usual which in long game is not that big of a deal. In my exprience it's better to focus on doing MP damage and killing your opponents units rather than map control.
1 Jul 2015, 16:26 PM
Benefactor 115

ok Keepo
1 Jul 2015, 16:34 PM

omg this broken english... , my head is hurting just because reading this
1 Jul 2015, 17:00 PM
Patrion 310

i think quentin is a good player but bad at english. It's hard not to misunderstand him.
1 Jul 2015, 17:13 PM

i think quentin is a good player but bad at english. It's hard not to misunderstand him.

Actually his message is really simple.

Player with more resources should unconditionally always win, making tactical aspect irrelevant.
1 Jul 2015, 17:18 PM

By Quentins argument every AT gun in the game is OP because it can allow you to stay in the game despite your opponent having fuel units.
1 Jul 2015, 17:27 PM

[
If a man with a disadvantage of fuel can comeback with a motorized unit or not, so his tank is OP, or one commander is Op, for exemple CAS.

The Player with less Fuel need to loose vs a opponnent with more Fuel.

If he can compete, comeback or win, the unit or ability use is Op.

If that is the case, why not remove AT guns, AT mines, bazookas, panzerschreks, AT nades, AT strafes etc? After all, they are all non-fuel options that can compete with fuel units. OP!!!!!!

In fact, why not take it a step further? Why not replace VPs with fuel, and have the first person to get a tank win? Or why even bother with the tank, Just make it first person to X fuel wins. The one who gets the tank first needs to auto-win anyway right? Why not simply make the tank roll-in with the "Victory" sign?

Your ideas are terrible.
1 Jul 2015, 17:27 PM

At-gun are useless vs Tanks.

At-gun is not Mobil.

Oh god, you are not good =_=

At-gun, faust, mine, etc don't win games if your opponnent has tanks and not you.

Fuel = Win
1 Jul 2015, 17:29 PM

At-gun is not Mobil.

Then why do you always go double PAK40 stug E if AT guns are so useless?
1 Jul 2015, 17:29 PM

I NEED AT-GUN WHEN I MAKE STUG E WHEN I HAVE 2,5 MORE FUEL THAN MY OPPONNENT ?

Fucking liar
1 Jul 2015, 17:30 PM

At-gun is not Mobil.

1 Jul 2015, 17:32 PM
Donator 33

Did Quentin's account get hacked by a crazy french man?
1 Jul 2015, 17:33 PM

Quentin have you considered the idea that you supposed use those things you mentioned in conjunctions with each other?

1. T34/85 hits mine
2. Has engine damage
3. Can't move out of the arc of Pak40
4. Dies

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak