Login

russian armor

CAS Pin Strafe + Recon + Stuka Dive Bomb in Base

2 Jul 2015, 14:31 PM
Donator 11

They need to make the strafe easier to dodge, and I'd argue that giving recon with *any* doctrine that also has airstrikes is generally poor balance. At least the stukka strike requires some good timing, the AT strafe will wipe tanks left and right in larger game modes where your micro is being pushed to its breaking point and also wreck infantry if summoned on a retreat point or something.

This is pretty unreasonable. If you took that away the new Meta would be to get rekt by invincible ML20s
2 Jul 2015, 14:49 PM

This is pretty unreasonable. If you took that away the new Meta would be to get rekt by invincible ML20s

I'd rather have to make a raid for the base with my armor to destroy ML-20 then to fight another ISU/IS-2/34/85.

Also, only OKW would have and trouble against howis as ost have plenty of ways to get rid of it already that aren't stuka dive cheeze.

But thats just me.
2 Jul 2015, 15:12 PM
Donator 11

Also, only OKW would have and trouble against howis as ost have plenty of ways to get rid of it already that aren't stuka dive cheeze.

But thats just me.

Not that I don't believe you but my brain is not working well this morning. Outside of base rush to kill what are the other options?
2 Jul 2015, 16:37 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jul 2015, 15:08 PMSmaug
can someone define blob for me pls

is 3 cons with 1 guard and 1 or 2 mgs blob?

or 4 cons is blob?

or 2 mgs 3cons is blob?

CAS imo is very very powerfull doctrine now considering the mg and t3 changes.

ive killed is2's easily.. TWP with stug on it and use AT strafe. guarenteed kill 99% of the time.

imo this doctrine needs ammo conversion removed.

"Blob" is like "spam", both are so overused by hyperbolist forum warriors that any meaning long since departed.

Blob can cover anything from putting all your infantry units in one control group and running at the enemy, to having two infantry units next to each other

Spam should mean building a larger number of something (say 6 or so) and basing your army about that one unit type, but people have also used it about US building 3 Rifles and Soviets building more than two Maxims
2 Jul 2015, 16:38 PM

Spam is a meaningless word in CoH2 because there aren't enough units to justify making plenty of different ones versus just a lot of one. All the armies in the game function around plentiful basic units.

People whine about Volks/rifles spam, but what else are OKW or USF going to do?
2 Jul 2015, 16:40 PM
Honorary Member Badge

That would be a nice way to adjust CAS, but what about the Ostruppen doctrine? :(

The way to adjust CAS would be to take the Recon out; that is what enables strikes more or less at will anywhere on the map.

Ostruppen can do Railway Artillery more or less at will, but because they have no organic recon ability they need LOS or a teammates help - and it's very rare that you want to drop Railway Artillery near your FLOT.

I haven't played enough this patch to be able to say if decent AAA investment will shut down recon planes; that's the only real "counter" that I can see
2 Jul 2015, 16:52 PM
Donator 33

The way to balance CAS is to tweak the conversion ability IMO.

"Urban Assault" (unreleased doctrine) got a nice ammo conversion ability. You get ammo at the cost of MP income.

Replacing the current conversion with that one would make CAS less cheesy (because of endless planes).
2 Jul 2015, 19:52 PM
Patrion 14

CAS is not fun to play against and it's too effortless to use. Most of the time I can appreciate being outplayed, but CAS just presents itself as frustrating and practically uncounterable. Also, wiping base buildings with recon + AT strafe + bomb is nothing but silly. There's nothing you can do about it.
2 Jul 2015, 19:56 PM

It is completely balanced and does not be adjusted. Just L2P; flank, smoke, don't use red cover etc.
3 Jul 2015, 08:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jul 2015, 19:56 PMNapalm
It is completely balanced and does not be adjusted. Just L2P; flank, smoke, don't use red cover etc.

this thread is about CAS i think, not the mg42
3 Jul 2015, 08:59 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Donator 22

I really regret reading through the entire thread, might have to see a doctor for how many IQ points I have lost.

How can any sane person, with any shred of credibility in this game, say that CAS is not bat shit OP. Is this like some kind of combined effort of trolling by some people in here? How can giving instant conversion to a faction that is extremely muni heavy dependent and can effectively jump start your mainline infantry to late game status with mg42 upgrade, rifle nade spam, ETC. And for anyone that thinks strafes take skill is deluded. Leading your strafes and putting it in the right direction just means you aren't brain dead and passed the fifth grade. The interaction it creates with you and your opponent is not something that should exist in this game, let alone any game. They are trying to micro their real created units while you are just creating bullshit out of the air that is spammable and not nearly as punishable as what they have.

Muni conversion should not be instant and should work like some of the other conversion abilities we have in the game, and the fucking cool downs are way too short. This doctrine in its current form is ridiculous in all game modes, more so in 2v2+, no matter the counters or strategies against it. People who think that because a counter exists to a certain strategy, playstyle, or doctrine that it somehow justifies its OPness are insane IMO.

Most people who defend CAS in this thread are the same ones who abuse it, that's the truth if you want it from me.

#end rant.
4 Jul 2015, 04:33 AM

I really regret reading through the entire thread, might have to see a doctor for how many IQ points I have lost.

How can any sane person, with any shred of credibility in this game, say that CAS is not bat shit OP. Is this like some kind of combined effort of trolling by some people in here? How can giving instant conversion to a faction that is extremely muni heavy dependent and can effectively jump start your mainline infantry to late game status with mg42 upgrade, rifle nade spam, ETC. And for anyone that thinks strafes take skill is deluded. Leading your strafes and putting it in the right direction just means you aren't brain dead and passed the fifth grade. The interaction it creates with you and your opponent is not something that should exist in this game, let alone any game. They are trying to micro their real created units while you are just creating bullshit out of the air that is spammable and not nearly as punishable as what they have.

Muni conversion should not be instant and should work like some of the other conversion abilities we have in the game, and the fucking cool downs are way too short. This doctrine in its current form is ridiculous in all game modes, more so in 2v2+, no matter the counters or strategies against it. People who think that because a counter exists to a certain strategy, playstyle, or doctrine that it somehow justifies its OPness are insane IMO.

Most people who defend CAS in this thread are the same ones who abuse it, that's the truth if you want it from me.

#end rant.

Well said thank you
Phy
4 Jul 2015, 09:28 AM

2 mouses clicks, a lot of skill needed.
5 Jul 2015, 13:37 PM

#end rant.

What you wrote was quite entertaining to read and so true...+1
6 Jul 2015, 03:17 AM

Permanently Banned

/thread
6 Jul 2015, 03:35 AM

/thread

you know you don't need to bunch your tanks like that. I mean it doesn't make it right but it's still not a smart idea.
6 Jul 2015, 04:16 AM

See this is again another one of those "hard to balance things because a lot of people just make mistakes" things.
6 Jul 2015, 04:23 AM

I think CAS is starting to ruin the game for me. Word is getting around and I'm seeing more and more people using him.

It's been a long time since I flat out didn't feel like playing this game because of balance. The last time I felt this way was when morons were spamming maxims and winning.
6 Jul 2015, 04:26 AM
Donator 11

Dat ungodly amounts of skill you need to have to click recon and click stuka dive on arty.
Don't know, it might be skill ceiling for you, but for most other players its 2 EZ mode clicks to erase inconvenient unit.

+1
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment