Login

russian armor

Going Double Wehrmacht

1 Jul 2015, 00:19 AM

Going double Wehr was always an option obviously, but it's always seemed to me that double OKW or mixed were just more flexible and effective options (would be interested in hearing opinions otherwise of course). Lots of the changes we've had recently have made Werhmacht stronger, buffing certain units in particular like the Wehr sniper and the MG42.

So whereas before (at least I always thought) it was better to have one Wehr player and then an OKW player for shreks and such, now that Wehr is more versatile and OKW is a little weaker, it might also make sense to have two Wehr players so you can do plans such as:

Player 1: MG42 heavy build
Player 2: Sniper build

From a late game perspective, the Stug-G is a fairly potent tank destroyer now, so I can also see double wehr builds like this one making sense:

Player 1: Close air support strafe spam/LMG gren spam/Pgren with shreks spam
Player 2: Rush T3 for a P4 and then build Stugs and such.

Thoughts on this?
1 Jul 2015, 01:22 AM

IMO, double Wher is better in 2v2 right now, MG42>MG34, Pak40>Raketen, Grens>Volks, Ost T3>Jagdpanzer(the closet thing OKW has to a medium tank), 81mm Mortar>ISG.

OKW also suffers in the infantry department as Volks are terrible at infantry combat and Obers/Sturms are very expensive. OKW is still viable, but Wher is just better right now and the only thing you are missing out on is the KT and JT, both of which are very expensive and slow as hell.
1 Jul 2015, 14:09 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

And Luchs and Stuka.
1 Jul 2015, 16:46 PM

And Luchs and Stuka.

Flak ht goes up there aswell, those 3 units (JT and KT get replaced by ele and tiger resp.) are the only things that OkW uniquely brings to the table (That, and you have a unit which can contruct sandbags, also quite important).

Yet those 3 units have a very large impact on the game, so you might still conisder going for an OkW player in 2's (stuka especially is something you really miss when going double wehr).

That said, i am currently very much enjoying going double wehr this patch, it's been a while since it was a "competitive" option.
1 Jul 2015, 17:01 PM

Another big thing OKW brings is the med and flak truck. That being said, double Ost is probably the better choice for most maps if played well.
1 Jul 2015, 17:18 PM

And Luchs and Stuka.

And fusiliers for 6 men non-wipeable "gren" G43 squad
1 Jul 2015, 17:20 PM

IMO, double Wher is better in 2v2 right now, MG42>MG34, Pak40>Raketen, Grens>Volks, Ost T3>Jagdpanzer(the closet thing OKW has to a medium tank), 81mm Mortar>ISG.

OKW also suffers in the infantry department as Volks are terrible at infantry combat and Obers/Sturms are very expensive. OKW is still viable, but Wher is just better right now and the only thing you are missing out on is the KT and JT, both of which are very expensive and slow as hell.

No.

Ostheer still suffers from early game cheap infantry swarm and indirect fire attacks.

Volks hold the line very well with Medic, 22 MP per man. Grenadiers is 30 and needs to save for teching.
Kubel gives sight for MG42
Sturmpio for anti flank.
Raketen can cloak and comes anytime to counter M20/AAHT rush, which gives a lot of room and time for ostheer.
Fast Stuka zu Fuss to counter annoying 120/Maxim/ZiS
1 Jul 2015, 17:20 PM

Permanently Banned

And fusiliers for 6 men non-wipeable "gren" G43 squad

if you want to drain your muni supply, sure go ahead
1 Jul 2015, 17:22 PM

You sure dont know how good they are if used correctly.

My team got to top 100 using Fusiliers to hold the line.
1 Jul 2015, 17:22 PM

People sustained 4 shrecks and 3-4 G-43 pfusiliers since OKW release.

And OKW had less muni income back then.
1 Jul 2015, 17:23 PM

Double Wehr is a lot more flexible now since Ost early game isn't complete trash, personally Iv found the lack of a medium tank for OKW (and thus a poor mid game) to be a really huge hamper when facing off against USF.

The Luchs these days just isn't worth the investment, if your going against a Soviet player 9 times out of ten they will be using a guards commander and USF players also rush Shermans as fast as possible which puts a hard cap on how long your Luchs can stay active in the field.

Med truck + JPIV really helps the mid game, but overall I would say the days of rushing T3 as OKW are long dead since the Ober nerf.

Fallsch, JLI, and Fuss are all much more efficient.
1 Jul 2015, 18:00 PM

Double OKW comes close to suicide. The sheer lack of fuel caches means your chances of losing increase in the long run.

Ostheer comes at a lower risk (no "all in" vehicles as Flak ht, Stuka, KT) and has better support weapons and AT options.

Also Ostheer has a strong midgame now. OKW is lacking there also imo.

So doing random 2v2s you should always go Ostheer, just in case your teammate might be OKW.
1 Jul 2015, 18:09 PM

I feel like the Puma fills the role of medium tank fairly well. I build one every game and usually get it to five stars from killing enemy armor and bleeding infantry consistently.

I always love it when my enemy gets his first tank and immediately goes balls deep on my Puma that's been harassing his infantry all game. Kite + Aimed Shot + circle strafe and that's a dead tank.

With vet it can even effectively engage an IS2 frontally from range, and that turret lock crit is a brilliant support ability. It even gets smoke!

Puma is one of my favorite vehicles. Fast and agile like a Kubel, the penetration of a tank, utility comparable to TWP, the survivability of smoke, range of a light TD, and it even guns down infantry better than a T34.

It's only weakness is armor and health. I'd take a Puma over a PzIV any day.
1 Jul 2015, 18:20 PM

Permanently Banned

You sure dont know how good they are if used correctly.

My team got to top 100 using Fusiliers to hold the line.

They are good units, but your top 100 team rank is due to you and your team's efforts :)
1 Jul 2015, 21:54 PM

They are good units, but your top 100 team rank is due to you and your team's efforts :)

Pure effort against Guard Motor + IS2/ISU spam from last patch? No.
1 Jul 2015, 22:17 PM

Its not like the G43s shoot 1 munition every time they fire. Its a 90 upfront cost for a pretty nasty return once the veterancy stacks up.
1 Jul 2015, 22:32 PM

Muni exist for use, not saving up for fap. -_-
1 Jul 2015, 22:34 PM

Permanently Banned

Its not like the G43s shoot 1 munition every time they fire. Its a 90 upfront cost for a pretty nasty return once the veterancy stacks up.

Yes yes, but with RNG gods never finding common ground with me, I will never invest such a munition cost in a squad ever again xd
1 Jul 2015, 22:34 PM

Permanently Banned

Muni exist for use, not saving up for fap. -_-

of course, what else? Nespresso?
1 Jul 2015, 22:35 PM

Permanently Banned

Pure effort against Guard Motor + IS2/ISU spam from last patch? No.

Well if you didn't put any effort in it, you must have met very poor players
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS