Login

russian armor

Launch two grenades at same time

30 Jun 2015, 18:50 PM

Hi.

I need to create an ability to launch two grenades at same time by two different entities in one squad.

For example one riflemen squad with six members launch two grenades at same time, one entity one grenade, other one grenade, same time.

If one entity die, so they launch 2 grenades until remaining only one entity.

Is this possible with the attribute tool?

I have tried a lot of combination with abilities without obtaining the desired results.

Regards.

30 Jun 2015, 19:17 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Not really. I think you can have all the entities throw, similar to assault, but anywhere in between is tricky.
30 Jun 2015, 19:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2015, 19:17 PMeliw00d
Not really. I think you can have all the entities throw, similar to assault, but anywhere in between is tricky.

:(
30 Jun 2015, 19:46 PM
Honorary Member Badge

But, keep at it, there might be a way, or someone else might know.
30 Jun 2015, 21:39 PM

If you want the ability to throw 2 grenades, but you don't care if it happens at the same time, you can put in a delay in the actions and repeat the accessory weapon action. One of the Panzer Elite doctrines allowed you to throw anti-tank 2 grenades instead of just one, and it was basically that; throw, delay, throw. The same entity would throw the 2nd grenade a couple seconds later.

CoH1's Blitzkrieg doctrine had an Assault ability that used an AI plan to force the squad into close range and made them throw a set number of grenades. This caused more than one soldier to throw a grenade, and I believe it was tweakable to get an exact number of grenades thrown per usage of the ability. However I don't think we can add or edit AI plans at the moment.
1 Jul 2015, 12:56 PM

The idea is launch 2 grenades at same time with two diferent entities of the squad.

CoH1's Blitzkrieg doctrine had an Assault ability that used an AI plan to force the squad into close range and made them throw a set number of grenades. This caused more than one soldier to throw a grenade, and I believe it was tweakable to get an exact number of grenades thrown per usage of the ability. However I don't think we can add or edit AI plans at the moment.

Good!!! So, wait for AI edit release.

Thanks!!!
3 Jul 2015, 14:30 PM
Honorary Member Badge

The AI categories are actually moddable as of this latest patch. However, I believe the way the plans work in CoH2 differs from the way they did in CoH1.
3 Jul 2015, 15:04 PM

CoH1 AI plans that were used by abilities were pretty much a hack. Only two abilities referenced them, the Blitzkrieg Assault and the Churchill Tank Shock abilities, so I'm not surprised they work differently in CoH2.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★