Login

russian armor

Help needed

30 Jun 2015, 18:37 PM

Hi. I´m new in this forum because i want to improve in this g8 game but hovever i can´t.
This is my last played game as okw.

I already read this forum for a while and learned something but i think i can´t improve now that much without giving my game to good strategists.

Mistakes I had noticed : 1. Map - semoskya - i know this is allies based map , but i can´t took it out of automach because i already veto Staligrad (we all know why) , Semoskyy winter - worse than summer version , Bystrayy voda - 1 fuel , deep snow and La Gleize Breakout - lot of buildings snow - everything that okw hates

2. loosing TOO much squads - sturpionners early - that set me back a lot and then fallschirmjager in mid game

3. I dont know if i picked up a good doctrine and if yes have i used it good ?

4. I tryed to counter m20 - i have discovered some mines and with flack truck i get into game , but then captain get into game and i start loosing badly + not full Hp squads set me back a lot i think.

5. then his armored doctrine combo came and game was over.

I have some questions : Was my build order good ?
Should i build rather med truck than flakc truck HQ
should i built puppetchen or lay some mines ?

PS: My micor isn ´t all that great , I literally can´t micromanage more than 2 squads at time i think.

Please give me feed back and some strategies . Soooner will be better :)

Also sorry for my english i´m either not from USA nor UK
30 Jun 2015, 18:40 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

I'll take a look at it once I get home.
30 Jun 2015, 20:28 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

overall:
  • little micro mistakes here and there (unit preservation), don't send units to cap blindly into the fog of war.
  • too spread out as axis, better to secure less territoy that you are able to hold instead of much territory that you are likely to loose once you get pushed back. More importantly to mention is to hold key buildings (like the one next to your cutoff) to secure a foothold on the map

1:30 kubel push to cut off was good, but why not simply wire the cutoff off and move the kubel to intercept the rifles coming from the south, it stood idle for at least 3 min, giving your opponent a chance to establish a foothold in the center/south
3:15 dont build the sangbags so that your enemy can use them too, secure key buildings at the cutoff
4:00 dont charge riflemen in green cover, especially if the retreat path makes you go all around the cemetary giving your opponent much time to finish it off. the kubel would have helped greatly with the engagement in the middle, no need to guard the cutoff. securing cutoffs only makes sense if you are really CUTTING resources off (or if you have full map control of course)
5:00 you should have expected the m20, it was an obvious choice since you went kubel , prepare for it with mines and shrecks and rackets, and pull back a little bit
8:00 you are floating too much MP which hurts your field presence, get MG34 or Jägers
9:15 unecessary fallschirm jäger loss? get MG34 before that
10:00 get one squad of fallschirms to augment your forces. 3 volks + fallschirm is too fragile
10:40 forces to spread out, concentrate on the center, go for a cutoff manouver and cap the sides with one volks
12:00 still no healing truck --> unecessary MP losses due to low healthed squads + more Vet for your opponent
13:00 don't go for more than 1 FallSchirm at this point, go for an MG34 or anouther Volk
14:00 you got the whole south but it's not connected since you dont controll the cutoff, secure that first before pushing in the north
15:00 flak hq way too forward, it's exposed to tanks
17:00 your army compositon is too fragile as it is: 2 volks 1 fall 1 sturm, why obers now?
You should be aware that there are tanks by now on the field, usually way sooner when fast major tech, gotta prepare for that
19:00 another ober? no. not with you knowing that there are tanks on the field

Hope that helps.
1 Jul 2015, 08:21 AM

Many thanks luvnest. Im not having more questions now.
1 Jul 2015, 08:41 AM

Here is replay from my last game as okw . I tryed to focus on your hints and it worked :)

I have chosen frotification after i secured northern fuel and then i get there m as well as in church. After that i focused more on munition and south fuel + i have build hq in behind of church so it cannot be frontally attacked.

I also stolen his mg and flamethrover and after that he surrendered.

I must say holding key buildings really help me dictate tempo of battle and has given me more room to breath.

Thx Luvnest :)
1 Jul 2015, 09:03 AM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Glad that I could be of use. Always nice to see new players trying to improve, keep it up.
2 Jul 2015, 14:51 PM

I m having some questions for you Luvnest.

Was that flacktrack good or would puma help me more ?

What build order will be best in this map ?

Would be better medictruck with jagtpanzer than waiting for panther even on urban map as semoskii ?

2 Jul 2015, 15:20 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Was that flacktrack good or would puma help me more ?

Either or. The Flakht deals with the infantry and you have to get a Raketen + Shrecks to support it. Since USF has the AA HT which can deal with the Flak HT quite good, I think Puma is the safer bet. Even tho you sacrifice Anti inf power, it can be quite annoying to deal with squads capturing the flanks.

What build order will be best in this map ?

I would go for 4 Volks into MG34s, get a Puma (Mechanized Regiment HQ into Battlegroup for healing) OR get up a Battlegroup HQ (the healing truck) at your cutoff into Flak HQ. Works pretty well especially since USF lack indirect fire

Would be better medictruck with jagtpanzer than waiting for panther even on urban map as semoskii ?

Hm I wouldn't recommend Jagdopanzer on this map, it's way too urban in the center. But could work with careful miro. But Puma + Raketen into Jagdpanzer would work just nicely. You can achieve a lot by just having a Puma with Shreck upgraded Volks vs USF.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★