Login

russian armor

Pershing ?

PAGES (15)down
1 Jul 2015, 03:55 AM

don't you mean THIS abram's tank?

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Abrams%27_Sherman_West_Point_Museum_02.JPG

No, the tank he posted was the M1 Abrams Main Battle Tank.
1 Jul 2015, 04:27 AM

Honestly the only problem I see with introducing a balanced Pershing would be the crew abuse...so just make it like the KT...when you use crew repair only part of the crew hops out to fix the problem and when it is fixed they hop straight back in.
1 Jul 2015, 05:09 AM
Donator 11

Dont you think its a bit debatable if all those Sturmtiges saw actual combat or not?

Those 20 M26s were part of the Zebra mission where they immediatly got split between the 3rd and the 9th armored divisions and then sent to fight along the Roer river with the Lovelady Task Force in 1945, during those battles 1 M26 got knocked out near Elsdorf and then an M26 claimed a Tiger I kill along with a Panzer IV kill during the very same battle.

Source: https://ospreypublishing.com/m26-m46-pershing-tank-1943-53

As he said, he is NOT the most reliable source
1 Jul 2015, 06:07 AM

pershing is in the game files.

also about the pop cap abuse bug. i heard it was a feature/intentional but they could always fix it
1 Jul 2015, 06:08 AM

As he said, he is NOT the most reliable source

zaloga is one of the top academics in the ww2 armored warfare field.
1 Jul 2015, 07:38 AM
Donator 11

zaloga is one of the top academics in the ww2 armored warfare field.

No no, I was talking about Alex
1 Jul 2015, 12:31 PM

pershing is in the game files.

also about the pop cap abuse bug. i heard it was a feature/intentional but they could always fix it

They said it was a feature specifically because they couldn't fix it. It's not like the Pershing would need to be able to decrew itself to be good anyway.

No no, I was talking about Alex

Being half dead while on painkillers will do that to you~

But it's adorable how you follow me around nipping at my heels like a small animal desperate for attention.
1 Jul 2015, 12:48 PM

No, the tank he posted was the M1 Abrams Main Battle Tank.

It's a joke. That M4A3E8 was crewed by Creighton Abrams, whom the Abrams Main Battle Tank was named after.
2 Jul 2015, 00:38 AM

Sturmtiger saw action in the Battle of the Bulge, so it fits.

The USF is mainly themed around Bulge but it's not a contractual obligation to never include anything else. The STG44 vampir that OKW gets wasn't fielded in active combat until February '45, but OKW gets it anyway. If they didn't want to "historically flub it", perhaps there upcoming content focused on things after Bulge, ToW missions or something? We might get a couple of new doctrines for OKW and USF like I was speculating for ages. And no, this isn't [NDA] stuff. I have no idea.
2 Jul 2015, 02:44 AM

This is a video game guys. The company doesn't have steel quality in it's mechanics lmao
3 Jul 2015, 13:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 23:41 PMIGOR
if the pershing comes one day ... THIS WILL BE A DREAM COMING TRUE :foreveralone: !! and if that happen ... the cry of all those axis fanboys will be real.

I'll just see the Pershing's tears facing a 128mm Pak44 right in front of his eyes.

And it will be the same thing for both Tigers.
3 Jul 2015, 13:46 PM

I'll just see the Pershing's tears facing a 128mm Pak44 right in front of his eyes.

And it will be the same thing for both Tigers.

the pershing is not a super tank and will be killed like every other tank, but the axis fanboys will be like ´´ this is against faction design !!´´ MI MI MI...

you guys did this to us telling relic to not give us the pershing, for a year..

and if it comes, i want to see all your axis fanboys crying for a whole year. :)
3 Jul 2015, 14:24 PM

I stoped it reading somewhere in page 4 when i realised this thread changed into Historical revue ....

Pershing woul be fine if it wont be having its crew like other USA tanks so you ll need to make echelons to repair it , you cant abuse Pop cap with pershing and it dont get Superglue®

EDIT I would like to see pershing with changeable munition like sherman , one would be something like dozer sherman ammo and second will be something like m 36 ammo. Switch time will be 4-5 seconds
3 Jul 2015, 14:39 PM
Donator 33

I find it amusing that there is concern for multiple Pershings here, yet in the KT threads "If he gets a second KT it's your fault" lol.
3 Jul 2015, 15:34 PM

I find it amusing that there is concern for multiple Pershings here, yet in the KT threads "If he gets a second KT it's your fault" lol.
There´s a distinct difference between a vehicle obtained by:

Reaching the end of tech tree,
with a fuel penalty,
no ability to build fuel caches,
for about the highest fuel cost ingame (only topped by the JT)

versus

a call in, no tech vehicle for a faction that has regular income and fuel caches.

So yeah, unless Allied call ins cost 390 fuel, you got horrendously outplayed, if there are two KTs.
3 Jul 2015, 17:17 PM

The Pershing would be a call in, call in spam is cancer.
4 Jul 2015, 08:18 AM

The Pershing would be a call in, call in spam is cancer.

By the time Pershing comes call-in meta will be gone I assume.
4 Jul 2015, 09:16 AM

What makes you think the Pershing wouldn't be limited like all other heavy tank call-ins?
4 Jul 2015, 09:34 AM

By the time Pershing comes call-in meta will be gone I assume.

Let us hope.

What makes you think the Pershing wouldn't be limited like all other heavy tank call-ins?

If they gave it the ability to decrew itself like other USF tank's you could just pop the crew out and call in a new one.
4 Jul 2015, 09:37 AM
Patrion 14

If they gave it the ability to decrew itself like other USF tank's you could just pop the crew out and call in a new one.

They could just, not. You can't really say something won't work because Relic may mess-up, otherwise we would never get anything new.

Either way, I don't want a Pershing because I like USF as a medium tank heavy army. I'd rather see some fixes to current doctrines and units, as well as maybe the jumbo.
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS