Login

russian armor

Can we plz fix the Rifle nade?

29 Jun 2015, 18:38 PM

Hm. Soviets also spam Conscripts because conscripts-en-masse-builds are very strong and have good synergies with all kinds of supplementary Soviet units, most noticeably recently Guards.

While the status quo might be bland, its also somewhat balanced, and if you take out one piece of the equation without changes elsewhere, this balance will suffer, which is all I am saying.

Probably, but the status quo has been a topic of many frustrations. I'm not advocating a change just to mess up something perfect, I am advocating a change because what we have now is bland, spammy and predictable. Having a bit of extra balancing work to do is worth it if it means a diversity of the meta and increasing the viability of combined arms.

Making heavy use of conscript standbags (for that sweet 50% reduced green cover) really helps deal with rifle nade spammers. But Aerohank I think your putting the cart before the horse when it comes to riflenades being OP.

Is it bullshit that the sound/animation doesn't play? Yes it should be fixed.

Is it dumb that they can shoot as far as an MG can fire at vet 2? Oh yeah

Is it shitty that they can be fired while suppressed? You know it.

Those things need fixing, and after those are fixed if they are still vastly over preforming then we could get into the nitty gritty of how much damage they do.

Green cover does help, but you still have to retreat the maxim after the first grenade because now your squadmembers are all at half health and the next one will kill it. The result is that a single grenadier squad can force a retreat on a maxim this way even while they attacked from the front and the maxim was in green cover. This is exactly the type of BS that happened with Oohraing conscripts being able to molotov MG42s from the front. This has been fixed for the axis thankfully, but with soviets you are still far better off just sticking a conscript squad behind that sandbag. There is simply a lot of risk involved with getting a maxim over another conscript squad, and not enough reward; especially when facing Wehrmacht. Part of this is the rifle grenade (too much risk) and another part is the lack of AoE supression (no real reward there)

29 Jun 2015, 18:41 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Fix animations, change vet2, add in 33% reduced throwing range for all nades while suppressed. Any other issues, like its damage or AOE is either a L2P issue or being due to the above reasons.

Basically.

@Aerohank People ask for the "easier fix", what you suggest might or not improve the game as it has other implications.
In a world that removes Rnades for normal nades, i would give them back to the G43 package. That would make it more interesting to get instead of the usual LMG42. Eventhough it makes more sense to be the opposite.
29 Jun 2015, 18:45 PM

If grenades couldn't be used while suppressed meaning said maxim couldn't get forced retreated if it was facing the correct direction than I can't see what the problem there would be.

If an opponent flanks your MG and nades you then forcing you to retreat than things are working as intended.

It's incredibly bullshit a gren squad can just walk into a maxims LoF and pop off a riflenade to kill it or retreat it, it's also bullshit a shock squad can crawl up to a 42 and do the same (with the help of smoke).
29 Jun 2015, 18:59 PM
Patrion 14

The only thing about the rifle nade that needs fixing is the vet 2 range and (like all grenades) needs to not be able to be fired while suppressed by a machine gun.

Agreed, or nade range should be reduced heavily while under suppression.
29 Jun 2015, 19:29 PM
Donator 11

remove riflenade so we can get soviet weapon teams down to 4 man.
29 Jun 2015, 19:33 PM

Triangle formation on MGS this patch makes it very tough for a rifle made to wipe an MG this patch.

The only thing that needs fixing is the sound playing after a cancel, and the vet 2 range.

It is one of the most telegraphed grenades in the game, with a loud report and a dude that actually takes a knee. If you can't dodge it, that's on you.

^ this.
29 Jun 2015, 19:39 PM

Think just adding a tiny bit of scatter to it would help a lot. It can be really crazy due to the cover rework.

I still miss the old cover system.
29 Jun 2015, 19:39 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 19:29 PMspajn
remove riflenade so we can get soviet weapon teams down to 4 man.

He just wants to find someone like him that also won't shoot at him on sight

29 Jun 2015, 20:43 PM

Probably, but the status quo has been a topic of many frustrations. I'm not advocating a change just to mess up something perfect, I am advocating a change because what we have now is bland, spammy and predictable. Having a bit of extra balancing work to do is worth it if it means a diversity of the meta and increasing the viability of combined arms.

[...]

Well yeah, but seeing as OH is still autolose at 2/3 of the maps in the rotation, its simply a delicate matter.
30 Jun 2015, 22:46 PM

I feel rifle grenades need to have a trade-off for being able to safely fire them from cover. Once squad spacing is figured I do feel they should get a bit of damage nerf(green cover needs to be taken into account when doing this) Oh and yeah Vet 2 increased is a load of bull.
1 Jul 2015, 00:19 AM

Remove the Veterancy Range Bonus and they are in a pretty good place...still pretty easy to avoid...
1 Jul 2015, 03:12 AM
Patrion 28

removing the vet buff and reducing the damage to 40 or 60 would be a good start in my book. they'd still be effective but you'd have to spend twice as much munitions for the same effect.
1 Jul 2015, 03:43 AM

I remember two occasions where my grens actually killed themselves by shooting a rifle nade and it hitting a building right in front of them.

On topic, I think it would be nice if riflenades had a timer that started when the nade was fired. Just make it equal to time of travel at max range.

Now you can't complain about it being subtle cause there's a bigass red number hurtling towards you.
1 Jul 2015, 03:52 AM

A player shouldn't be able to walk directly into the arc of an MG, get suppressed and still fire off a rifle nade onto the MG. PERIOD! It doesn't matter how weak said grenade is. Players shouldn't be able to just decide to erase an MG because they have enough munitions.

So no a veterency nerf or damage decrease is definitely not enough.
2 Jul 2015, 04:37 AM

Permanently Banned
L2P, vet 2 range buff, squad spacing, and suppression not decreasing all range nades are the issues. Anything else is strictly l2p.
2 Jul 2015, 04:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 19:33 PMCorsin

^ this.

Yes.

P.s rifle nades hardly wipe squads. Pics or it Didn't happen
2 Jul 2015, 04:58 AM

The rifle grenade is a huge micro tax lategame. But only (too) good lategame.Early game you can't afford it, and in the middle of a match its easy to dodge. Grenades are only good when fighting in multiple fronts, which Ostheer doesn't really do. Ostheer has enough tools to wipe. Honestly they should work like RE rifle nades, only used inside bunkers or buildings.
2 Jul 2015, 10:53 AM

i agree with the timer idea, i see no sense of rifle-nades been the only grenade type weapon that almost cannot be dodged.

Did RG were upped this patch? i don't get the maxim complain, i never had a full health maxim team wiped out by a RG and with the merge ability i easily beef up team weapons.
2 Jul 2015, 14:01 PM

Just had a game where a gren squad rushed straight into my DHSK, fired a rifle nade reducing it instantly to 1 man and a sliver of health and finished it off with normal fire while suppressed. :/
2 Jul 2015, 14:35 PM

The rifle grenade is a huge micro tax lategame. But only (too) good lategame.Early game you can't afford it, and in the middle of a match its easy to dodge. Grenades are only good when fighting in multiple fronts, which Ostheer doesn't really do. Ostheer has enough tools to wipe. Honestly they should work like RE rifle nades, only used inside bunkers or buildings.

nades are only good when your enemy (the receiver of that nade) is microing/figthing in multiples fronts, sooooo, doesn´t matter that Ostheer doesn´t really do.

I think this is more accurate.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 25
Peru 11
United Kingdom 51
unknown 4
United States 4
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias