Login

russian armor

Suppression for Grens.. Bug/Working as intended?

PAGES (8)down
29 Jun 2015, 12:19 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

inb4 its fine for grens but op for immobile rifles

Correct me if I get it wrong, but the Grens need to be immobile to fire the LMG
29 Jun 2015, 12:27 PM

man someone record this or upload a replay, I wanna see this lol
29 Jun 2015, 12:35 PM

So, I guess this isn't a bug, and is working as intended then...

Well that sucks. LOL!

It would happen to other factions and units (because I'm pretty sure every rifle unit does a small amount of suppression) but most of the time there aren't enough models close enough to allow it to happen.

I actually had a con squad suppress my Oustruppen yesterday, so it's probably from 6 model squads all being close to each other.
29 Jun 2015, 12:37 PM

If you want use rifle LMG as suppresion platform, you must activate it with hot key or with your mouse. After activating this, is your rifle squad immobile.
29 Jun 2015, 12:39 PM

It would happen to other factions and units (because I'm pretty sure every rifle unit does a small amount of suppression) but most of the time there aren't enough models close enough to allow it to happen.

I actually had a con squad suppress my Oustruppen yesterday, so it's probably from 6 model squads all being close to each other.

Well this isn't quite correct, because in my case, it was 1 con that got caught by 2 grens the first time, and 3 the next. Both times it happened, was in neutral cover.

Interestingly, none of the grens had lmg's... so I don't know if that's a thing.
29 Jun 2015, 12:41 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 12:37 PMAradan

If you want use rifle LMG as suppresion platform, you must activate it with hot key or with your mouse. After activating this, is your rifle squad immobile.

Yeah I know that, but in this case, the squad guarantees supression. Grens still don't guarantee it
29 Jun 2015, 12:45 PM

Well this isn't quite correct, because in my case, it was 1 con that got caught by 2 grens the first time, and 3 the next. Both times it happened, was in neutral cover.

Interestingly, none of the grens had lmg's... so I don't know if that's a thing.

Was mortar fire in that moment?
29 Jun 2015, 12:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 12:37 PMAradan

*inmobile*.... it can be deactivated and activated again whenever you want to. Lol.

And yes, even in combat, to dodge grenades.
29 Jun 2015, 12:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 12:45 PMAradan

Was mortar fire in that moment?

No, it was early game, and no other units were about apart from Grens iirc.
29 Jun 2015, 12:48 PM

6 models still causes incremental accuracy to take pretty good effect; it's why the MG42 has a easy time suppressing high model count allied squads even if they are in green cover.

The same applies to the .50 cal of course when shooting at OKW squads.
29 Jun 2015, 12:57 PM

Isn't "incremental accuracy" designed to work only for HMGs? Is this information wrong?
29 Jun 2015, 13:02 PM

Permanently Banned
It is the same thing when you have been pinned by an mg. You are out of its arc of fire, still supressed, another unit or two are firing on you, it will keep you suppressed even longer. '

This actually worked very very well in vcoh, where you could keep rifle squads suppressed for ages xd
29 Jun 2015, 13:06 PM

It's because grenadier rifles have a suppresion value of 0.06, while all other infantry squads have a value of 0.0. Their LMG42 also has a suppresion value of 0.0, so dont upgrade to LMG grens if you want your grens to suppress :snfPeter:.

Coh 2 is littered with nonsensical stat values like this. For example combat engineers have a rear armor value of 7.5 :snfPeter:

Good thing rear armor doesnt work on infantry :snfPeter:
29 Jun 2015, 13:06 PM

*inmobile*.... it can be deactivated and activated again whenever you want to. Lol.

And yes, even in combat, to dodge grenades.

I explained the mechanics rifle sup. ability for player who does not play USF. Nothing more.

You have some personal problem?
29 Jun 2015, 13:15 PM

Reminds me of an old COH1 joke:

Why did the engineer cross the road?

To get suppressed by a Volks squad.

In fairness focus firing to maintain suppression while an MG repositioned was a pretty key element of higher level game play as Wehr, and this also works in COH2, but never seems quite as key.

Blobs of Grens suppressing is pretty stupid though.

29 Jun 2015, 13:20 PM

Grens do a small amount of suppression + new suppression vis a vis incremental accuracy mechanics = blobs getting occasionally suppressed by massed grens.

Which is a bug as no squad that isn't HMG or doesn't have specific ability should suppress.
Come on, we've been there with old M1919, don't try to excuse it, because there is no excuse for it.
29 Jun 2015, 13:53 PM

This is complete bs, and you know it. I tried testing it, and it 100% never suppresses the Ostruppen.

Please don't lie Alex, it's unbecoming, and it clouds the waters of what this thread is about.
29 Jun 2015, 13:54 PM

Alright me and Choccy just did a couple of tests.

2 standard grenadiers (unvetted, no LMG) will effectively suppress any soviet squad after about 7 seconds of fighting if the enemy is in red cover. 10 if in neutral. Not possible to suppress using grens (3) if the enemy is in yellow cover or higher.

Blobbing the conscripts diminishes this effect somewhat but only if the Grens do not focus on one specific squad at a time. However the time to suppress an individual squad in the blob did not change. Incremental suppression does not seem to be taken into account.

3 Ostruppen ordered to stay in the same place, blobbing as it were in neutral cover, facing 4 conscripts in green cover will not yield any suppression on the ostruppen. (Conscripts did focus fire) That experiment was repeated. Results were the same.

Effectively 2 conscripts closing in towards two grens, if both sides are in neutral cover the entire time will mean that the conscripts are suppressed one after the other and will not be able to close the distance with the grens.
If they oorha in the grens will still be able to win by suppressing one after the other.

And yes upgrading with LMG will cause their suppression to go down.

So Relic is this WAD or something that should be looked into?
29 Jun 2015, 13:58 PM

It has been said in this thread that those greens hadn´t LMG, so it is not the LMG, the one giving suppression capabilities to greens.
29 Jun 2015, 14:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jun 2015, 13:58 PMFul4n0

It has been said in this thread that those greens hadn´t LMG, so it is not the LMG, the one giving suppression capabilities to greens.

Like Burts added, having the LMG actually worsens the chance of suppressing a squad.

In the test, 1 Gren in neutral cover, was enough to suppress 1 con in neutral cover.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment