Login

russian armor

Why No Maxim Buff?

PAGES (9)down
1 Jul 2015, 12:28 PM

With exception of DSHK which does not do the 2 jobs it is supposed to do:
- stop blobs
- deal high damage to light vehicles using special ability

The Dhsk always suppresses on the first burst and does really high DPS so while it may not stop blobs like the .50 cal or MG42 does being caught in it's LOF hurts really bad.

And it does high damage to light vehicles using it's special ability, the only thing it can't pen 100% of the time using it is a Puma or PII.
1 Jul 2015, 14:13 PM

The Dhsk always suppresses on the first burst and does really high DPS so while it may not stop blobs like the .50 cal or MG42 does being caught in it's LOF hurts really bad.

And it does high damage to light vehicles using it's special ability, the only thing it can't pen 100% of the time using it is a Puma or PII.

The DHSK does have nice AI damage and does suppress 1 squad quickly. But the AP rounds are more for show and not worth the resources. It does less damage and less penetration than the HMG42 with AP rounds and it's easier to save your light vehicle from death by driving out of the arch. I'd welcome anyone to show me a replay or cast where they have been able to use this ability with a reasonable degree of success, because I have never personally see it have any major impact on a game (unlike MG42 AP rounds that tear up infantry and light vehicles alike).
1 Jul 2015, 14:37 PM

The DHSK does have nice AI damage and does suppress 1 squad quickly. But the AP rounds are more for show and not worth the resources. It does less damage and less penetration than the HMG42 with AP rounds and it's easier to save your light vehicle from death by driving out of the arch. I'd welcome anyone to show me a replay or cast where they have been able to use this ability with a reasonable degree of success, because I have never personally see it have any major impact on a game (unlike MG42 AP rounds that tear up infantry and light vehicles alike).

The AP rounds are fairly cheap and got an indirect buff from the basic pen of the Dshk being increased. AP rounds increase then pen by x4 meaning now it will pen at mid and close range everything that isn't a Puma or P2 and at 80 damage per burst that's pretty huge. The reload on the Dshk is also shorter meaning the Ap rounds activate fairly life quickly
1 Jul 2015, 14:42 PM

Alex, start providing replays of you getting huge successes with DSHK if you think its so awesome.

I'm tired of your apologetic bullshit, apparently you are the only player in game who is able to use DSHK effectively and efficiently as no top streamer up to date was able to.

Stop with the excuses for bad weapon or prove already its as good as you claim it to be by providing a WINNING games on decent skill level on both sides.
1 Jul 2015, 14:57 PM

DSHK AP rounds need 1.5 damage modifier, it will be 120dmg vs 128dmg from MG-42, or more shots in the burst, or cheaper price, like 280, and aсcess from 1CP.
1 Jul 2015, 15:09 PM

Alex, start providing replays of you getting huge successes with DSHK if you think its so awesome.

I'm tired of your apologetic bullshit, apparently you are the only player in game who is able to use DSHK effectively and efficiently as no top streamer up to date was able to.

Stop with the excuses for bad weapon or prove already its as good as you claim it to be by providing a WINNING games on decent skill level on both sides.

I never said it was awesome I said it was much better than before. Stop straw manning. And I would make use of it but I'm currently in the hospital.
1 Jul 2015, 16:24 PM

Permanently Banned
DSHK suffers from the same issues as the 50cal.
1 Jul 2015, 16:33 PM

DSHK suffers from the same issues as the 50cal.

Actually it suffers more because of how it turns and because of narrower arc.
In theory 6 men are the only real advantage, in practice, they stick their willies into each other and get blown to pieces by same amount of nades or lucky mortar hit as .50 cal.
1 Jul 2015, 16:43 PM

Both Soviet MG's fail to do enough to control blobs, maxim is pitiful. While Allied blobs are now severly punished (and rightfully so) Axis blobs are as common as ever (until I steal and MG42), but now when I play Allies I cannot bunch up to up my DPS and push them back. Instead I have to rely on baiting and planning, while A-move Johnny does his work on the Axis side.
1 Jul 2015, 17:14 PM

Actually it suffers more because of how it turns and because of narrower arc.
In theory 6 men are the only real advantage, in practice, they stick their willies into each other and get blown to pieces by same amount of nades or lucky mortar hit as .50 cal.

Have you tried using the new delta formation? Makes it pretty much impossible to kill in 1 hit with a rifle nade or mortar.

Both Soviet MG's fail to do enough to control blobs

The Dhsk got an AoE buff as well as the incremental accuracy buff. Putting a blob in front of it will get it suppressed. The smart way to use the Dhsk is keep it not set up, and then set it up in the direction the blob is moving.
1 Jul 2015, 17:46 PM

The AP rounds are fairly cheap and got an indirect buff from the basic pen of the Dshk being increased. AP rounds increase then pen by x4 meaning now it will pen at mid and close range everything that isn't a Puma or P2 and at 80 damage per burst that's pretty huge. The reload on the Dshk is also shorter meaning the Ap rounds activate fairly life quickly

At close and mid range, the arch is so small that only an immobilized vehicle would have to fear from DHSK AP rounds. Combine the ease of escape with the low DPS (yes, against vehicles it ís low, unlike MG42 IAP rounds) and you have an ability that is very underwhelming.

The only light vehicle that has to fear from the DHSK is the Kubel, but even a maxim is enough to force a Kubel back.
1 Jul 2015, 17:53 PM

At close and mid range, the arch is so small that only an immobilized vehicle would have to fear from DHSK AP rounds. Combine the ease of escape with the low DPS (yes, against vehicles it ís low, unlike MG42 IAP rounds) and you have an ability that is very underwhelming.

The only light vehicle that has to fear from the DHSK is the Kubel, but even a maxim is enough to force a Kubel back.

Being in a building definitely helps. But a buff to AP rounds vis a vis damage would obviously go a long way towards making it more desirable.

Tbh the most awful thing about the Dhsk is the commanders it's stuck in. Lend Lease is turbo good with the new meta but the other Dhsk commander still suck.
1 Jul 2015, 17:56 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Tbh the most awful thing about the Dhsk is the commanders it's stuck in. Lend Lease is turbo good with the new meta but the other Dhsk commander still suck.

I so wanted Defensive Tactics to be useful :foreveralone:
1 Jul 2015, 17:59 PM

I find Defensive Tactics to be quite a fun commander actually. It is one of the few ways where you can get a good soviet combined arms army that includes a sniper without having to over-invest in tech so you can still have armor out fast. With the new SU76 I have been having quite a bit of fun going

2x engy
T1, sniper or penals depending on the map, possibly scout car
2-3 conscripts
DHSK
Mortar or mini AT gun if necessary
SU76 or other T4 units, depending on the situation

Quite a fun build if you can live with the fact that the soviet sniper doesn't do well if you only make 1 of them instead of 2.
1 Jul 2015, 18:18 PM

It's pretty good against OKW flaktrack too.
1 Jul 2015, 18:26 PM

It's pretty good against OKW flaktrack too.

All the Axis light vehicles had very thin armor except the Puma and PII, so they can fairly heavy damage from MG fire, the .50 cal is really good this patch be it for stopping blobs or driving off enemy LV's.

The Dhsk just suffers because A. low far pen, and B. small cone. and C. Vet ability isn't as good as Incendiary Rounds which are by far one of the best abilities in the game :D
2 Jul 2015, 07:41 AM

Dshk Is Actually ok against infantry, but it falls on it's face against any armour. So, again, a unit not fulfilling it's role.
2 Jul 2015, 08:33 AM

Dshk Is Actually ok against infantry, but it falls on it's face against any armour. So, again, a unit not fulfilling it's role.

For 300 MP doctrinal unit available on 2 CP it is not OK.
2 Jul 2015, 09:32 AM

For 300 MP doctrinal unit available on 2 CP it is not OK.

I guess, I was under the impression that Lend/lease is pretty damn good though?
2 Jul 2015, 10:10 AM

All the Axis light vehicles had very thin armor except the Puma and PII, so they can fairly heavy damage from MG fire, the .50 cal is really good this patch be it for stopping blobs or driving off enemy LV's.

The Dhsk just suffers because A. low far pen, and B. small cone. and C. Vet ability isn't as good as Incendiary Rounds which are by far one of the best abilities in the game :D

Keep pushing man, eventually you´ll get that all users in this forumm has their signs quoting you....

Good Job!!!

btw, if you loose an OST light vehicle to a DHSK, you deserve to loose the game. Period.

PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS