Login

russian armor

New USF strategy?

26 Jun 2015, 12:57 PM

I've been struggling with double HMG's on certain maps, it gets very micro intensive as USF if the Ostheer player actually supports them.

I was looking on some 2v2 games and saw double US on Crossing vs double Ost, and the USF players doubled one side early and got control.

One of the players chose Recon Support and had a field day, cloaking his I&R Pathies, he called in two fake barrages and forced retreats from MG's twice. The next one he actually called the arty and decimated one of the MG's, stole it, and opened up a nice flanking oppurtunity and that's all it really takes.

So has anyone tried this? I mean like a higher level player, because I think this has potential, esp with the new team weapon meta.

26 Jun 2015, 13:06 PM

Build multiple threads about the MG42 on coh2.org and complain that it's op and the poor USF player can't steal it anymore. This will make the developers to nerf it again. Mask some of them as honest l2p guide requests, doesn't matter if you start it on the strategy section or on the balance forum.

That's a pretty good strat.
26 Jun 2015, 13:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2015, 13:06 PM(>-_-<)UFO
Build multiple threads about the MG42 on coh2.org and complain that it's op and the poor USF player can't steal it anymore. This will make the developers to nerf it again. Mask some of them as honest l2p guide requests, doesn't matter if you start it on the strategy section or on the balance forum.

That's a pretty good strat.

What an idiotic post. I'm not complaining I'm trying to find new ways and discuss possible counters to a good unit.

This is the exact reason I don't usually post here.
26 Jun 2015, 13:11 PM

I've done this before before the patch. The biggest difficulty with it is the relatively small range of the pathfinders meaning they would often have to un-camo and get closer to whatever I wanted to hit with arty, which usually meant retreating the squad right after.

It could definitely work but relying on pathfinder arty is going to be very munitions intensive, especially since you'll really want to have smoke to allow your rifles to actually be able to be capable. I would think a muni cache would be pretty necessary to make it work well.
26 Jun 2015, 13:19 PM

What an idiotic post. I'm not complaining I'm trying to find new ways and discuss possible counters to a good unit.

This is the exact reason I don't usually post here.

Chill, I was just busting your balls buddy.

That map should be on your veto list when playing as USF. The AAHT is your main early game advantage, try to build one if you have the fuel. If not, start with 3xRM, tech up to nades, another RM and then captain. Inf company works wonders against OST.
26 Jun 2015, 13:32 PM

IMO double REs into 3-4 rifles work best against ost.
Then depending on the enemy,LT + m20 + mgs or alot safer but not as offensive CPT + stuart + (pack/pak) - sherman/Scott.
As may be necessary to get nades or bars for more assault power.
26 Jun 2015, 13:42 PM

IMO double REs into 3-4 rifles work best against ost.
Then depending on the enemy,LT + m20 + mgs or alot safer but not as offensive CPT + stuart + (pack/pak) - sherman/Scott.
As may be necessary to get nades or bars for more assault power.

Doesn't that become really heavy to maintain? I'm sure you'd know better than I would I usually just stick to three, the bleed with 3 + Officer becomes pretty bad then too. I'll try this build though and play on cautiously with my RM's.

26 Jun 2015, 13:45 PM

Doesn't that become really heavy to maintain? I'm sure you'd know better than I would I usually just stick to three, the bleed with 3 + Officer becomes pretty bad then too. I'll try this build though and play on cautiously with my RM's.

4 rifles is usually pretty standard. Especially when going for the captain. I've never noticed the bleed to be perticularly bad with anything less then 6.
26 Jun 2015, 13:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2015, 13:19 PM(>-_-<)UFO

Chill, I was just busting your balls buddy.

That map should be on your veto list when playing as USF. The AAHT is your main early game advantage, try to build one if you have the fuel. If not, start with 3xRM, tech up to nades, another RM and then captain. Inf company works wonders against OST.

There's already enough maps to veto though.

Minsk, Kharkov, Bystraya, and Ettelbruck.

But yeah, I've been going Captain a lot more espcially since Ost T3 is almost guaranteed. 2x ATs shuts down T3 pretty hard but delays armor for you.
26 Jun 2015, 13:48 PM

4 rifles is usually pretty standard. Especially when going for the captain. I've never noticed the bleed to be perticularly bad with anything less then 6.

Less than six? Six riflemen? Haha wow.......

But yeah I usually don't go four and use the extra MP for 2x AT's or MG's. But then again I've been getting my ass whooped so, here's to switching it up lmao.

Thanks for your input.
26 Jun 2015, 14:08 PM

3-4 because you can go either LT(3 RM) and fast m20 to counter static positions or the safer way to go CPT (4RM) + stuart - Major

Partially right,just remember to retreat when the mp skirimishes arent in your favour.Additionally medic is a must,else mp bleed.

Be cautios ,dont lose a squad, attack from multiple directions and last but not least capture important buildings with your REs.

USF heavily relies on fast teching thats why you should focus on that.Never go 4 RM when LT.

REs are only for early map control,recrewing and capturing territories.
Hope that i could help you.
26 Jun 2015, 14:14 PM

3-4 because you can go either LT(3 RM) and fast m20 to counter static positions or the safer way to go CPT (4RM) + stuart - Major

Partially right,just remember to retreat when the mp skirimishes arent in your favour.Additionally medic is a must,else mp bleed.

Be cautios ,dont lose a squad, attack from multiple directions and last but not least capture important buildings with your REs.

USF heavily relies on fast teching thats why you should focus on that.Never go 4 RM when LT.

REs are only for early map control,recrewing and capturing territories.
Hope that i could help you.

Indeed you did help, I appreciate it. It makes sense going 4RM > Cpt. > Stuart

At the same time I'd be skeptical for a rushed StuG seeing as how they're basically dirt cheap for what they can do.

We got into a game the other day together, hopefully I'll catch you again :thumbsup:
26 Jun 2015, 14:23 PM

Hey you know,stuart can take a stug g on its own ;)
Haha rly ? I guess we won :D

26 Jun 2015, 17:28 PM

Permanently Banned
mg aoe suppression was overdone. For right now you just have to rely on the m20, smoke, and superior pushing power of the american early game. Don't charge into mg arcs and scout ahead. Multiple rifle squads can't gun down an mg squad from the front like before. And mgs in buildings became a lot harder to deal with. So just stay mobile.

Same old quad riflemen into m20s is working for me. Just don't fail early game and ur fine.
26 Jun 2015, 18:07 PM

You have to play a lot like OKW, conserve your units and creep along the map locking down territory. Double RE starts are really popular right now because emplacement spam can really cause an Ost player problems on tight maps.

USF support weapons are a lot more valuable now, the days of the rifleblob are dead and gone.
26 Jun 2015, 18:19 PM

You have to play a lot like OKW, conserve your units and creep along the map locking down territory. Double RE starts are really popular right now because emplacement spam can really cause an Ost player problems on tight maps.

USF support weapons are a lot more valuable now, the days of the rifleblob are dead and gone.

How do emplacement cause Ost problems currently? I do not have the success you refer to as my emplacements get destroyed once Ost brings mortar onto the field. Up until that point, ya they're great but once in-direct fire appears, emplacements effectiveness seems to dwindle.
26 Jun 2015, 18:23 PM

How do emplacement cause Ost problems currently? I do not have the success you refer to as my emplacements get destroyed once Ost brings mortar onto the field. Up until that point, ya they're great but once in-direct fire appears, emplacements effectiveness seems to dwindle.

Because it slows them down, If you can push Ost right off the field they don't really have a terrible amount of offensive power to come back with. This strat also works against OKW which has no plentiful indirect fire and the Puppchen is really squishy.

It's a delaying teching essentially, allows you to get a lot of territory early on. But tbh you might be better off asking a USF dude like Cookiez.
26 Jun 2015, 18:34 PM

Permanently Banned

It's a delaying teching essentially, allows you to get a lot of territory early on. But tbh you might be better off asking a USF dude like Cookiez.

no need

OKW doesn't struggle at all against pits. because reketens counter them very early, and so does the fl HT and puma

Ost must wait for pak if fighting pits are well placed behind shot blockers. if not, standard mortar kills pits in 2 barrages.
26 Jun 2015, 18:38 PM

no need

OKW doesn't struggle at all against pits. because reketens counter them very early, and so does the fl HT and puma

Ost must wait for pak if fighting pits are well placed behind shot blockers. if not, standard mortar kills pits in 2 barrages.

The RE in a pit can fire a rifle nade that can hit a Rackten due to the Rackten's deduced range compared to other AT weapons.

I wouldn't send a FL HT against it either because the new .50 cal rips light armor a new one, especially if he's support that fighting pit.
26 Jun 2015, 18:48 PM

Same old quad riflemen into m20s is working for me. Just don't fail early game and ur fine.

You lose your first and only one game as USF.

Why are you giving advice, if You do not know what you're talking about????

I do not like cowards, who just want an easy game for one side. No balls, no honor. Look at heroes as Luvnest, Siberian or Von Ivan. They want balanced game for all sides.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★