Login

russian armor

USF post patch strategies

30 Jun 2015, 20:01 PM

Rifle company

5 rifles
(maybe some 1337 rifles instead if needed)
(grenades if you need)
Captain
Stuart
Flamerspam :snfQuinn:
30 Jun 2015, 20:23 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2015, 19:54 PMkersal

I use the same strat too and it works great. Furthermore I use more 50.cal nest because now are a lot more effective.

p.s. i would tnx Cookiezncreem because after his previous tips my rank is greatly improved

Im so glad. that made my day. :snfPeter:
1 Jul 2015, 06:14 AM

I had to create an account just to join the Cookiezncreem butt kissing team, as I want to say your posts have helped me immensely with learning usf. Thank you :)
1 Jul 2015, 13:01 PM
Patrion 14

Haven't had a chance to play much, but I played a few 1s after patch and found that the 2nd RE start is good, especially to rush up to key "enemy" buildings and grab them before mgs arrive, and then use the REs to hold the line until my riflemen can take over. I then used my low health RE squads to cap territory while my rifles garrisoned the key buildings.

I've personally found infantry company to shine this patch. LT -> M20 -> MHT -> .50 (to cap building) -> AMBU -> MJR. Lategame, 1 Scott + 1 Jackson seems to be a good armored force, since the majority of my army will be tied up in infantry.

The Mortar Halftrack let me skip grenades, and the aggressive opener forced my opponents to get mortars and also delayed their aquisition of territory. This strategy works with the captain as well, but I find that the forward retreat point is integral. If you lose territory, it becomes a bitch to recapture.

I've also been thinking of maybe an armor company build with 2 RE, 1-2 AE, 3 RM and spam defenses and mines all over the map early on. Haven't tested it, but wire and later tank traps all over the map will restrict enemy movement, and allow .50s to hold territory and make mgs useless. Will probably need an early AMBU and maybe forgo rifles for fighting positions.
1 Jul 2015, 14:10 PM

Mg42 meta is coming, it is not uncommon to see 2-3 mg42 in 1vs1 now. Flares are really good counter.

Rifleflammer: Flare the area, smoke the MG and burn it with attack ground. Axis players were complaining about seeing this commander too many time, it is not going to change with those changes!

Do not forget to build 1 munition cache.
2 Jul 2015, 06:12 AM

Airborne:

RE
RM
RM
RM
Smoke tech/Pathfinders
LT
M20
.50/ Paras
Zook tech
Major
Sherman
Jackson
Sherman

(Paradrop AT gun as needed, if floating MP build muni cache)

Been losing a lot lately vs scrubs that I've completely whipped before because I'm thinking too hard and making a lot out of minor balance changes. Gotta take it back to basics, with a few tweaks to deal with the new 42 and Kubel (2 REs, Paths, fast smoke) and prevalence of medium armor. (Bazooka REs.)
2 Jul 2015, 07:23 AM

i've been enjoying armour in 4's.

send my RE squad to an important structure or point
AE
Rifleman
Rifleman
Rifleman
Cpt. or Grenades if i don't get where i need to in the early game/need to counter attack
Stuart
M10
Bulldozer
Jackson

I've personally found infantry company to shine this patch. LT -> M20 -> MHT -> .50 (to cap building) -> AMBU -> MJR. Lategame, 1 Scott + 1 Jackson seems to be a good armored force, since the majority of my army will be tied up in infantry.

The Mortar Halftrack let me skip grenades, and the aggressive opener forced my opponents to get mortars and also delayed their aquisition of territory. This strategy works with the captain as well, but I find that the forward retreat point is integral. If you lose territory, it becomes a bitch to recapture.

mind if i blatantly and shamelessly plagiarize this? i've been looking for a way to make infantry work since WFA alpha, and this in principle sounds really sharp.
2 Jul 2015, 07:37 AM

Been losing a lot lately vs scrubs that I've completely whipped before because I'm thinking too hard and making a lot out of minor balance changes. Gotta take it back to basics, with a few tweaks to deal with the new 42 and Kubel (2 REs, Paths, fast smoke) and prevalence of medium armor. (Bazooka REs.)

Try ditching paths, and making sure to get an ambulance earlier, after your Maj. at the latest. i suspect you're really strapped for MP and that affects your mid game timing/aggression, allowing them to get armour on the field, and then you're left scrambling with zooks and what not, which is not a great position.
2 Jul 2015, 08:53 AM
Patrion 14

mind if i blatantly and shamelessly plagiarize this? i've been looking for a way to make infantry work since WFA alpha, and this in principle sounds really sharp.

Yeah, go ahead. Its pretty basic and I haven't had a chance to mess with it much this patch, but it should work in theory.

It may be better to forgo the quick LT + M20 and get 2 fighting positions down fast. RE in fighting positions really make it hard for mgs to do anything, and force the ostheer player to get a mortar or fast tech.
2 Jul 2015, 10:44 AM

i've been enjoying armour in 4's.

send my RE squad to an important structure or point
AE
Rifleman
Rifleman
Rifleman
Cpt. or Grenades if i don't get where i need to in the early game/need to counter attack
Stuart
M10
Bulldozer
Jackson

I have the impression this patch the USF/Wherm match-up us more an early all-in than before vs OKW. M10, Stuart and Jackson are too well countered by StugIII G + pak so investing on them is already a result of an early game failure. If you are dominating, those units are pretty much irrelevant, they are designated to counter armor, and you must deny him armor.
I have tried a lot to go T2 vs wehrm and I get nothing good from it, T2 USF can't help you to hold any line of fire, and that's what you need after the pushing phase.

How I see the game meta:

1st phase: a Rifle domination via flanking and constraining him at his cutoff. (early BARs + nade).
2nd phase: T1 with suppressive platforms (both .50 and half-track) + a m20 if there is a sniper. This is usually the moment he get stronger. You probably bleed a lot to maintain the pressure and he got access to more HMGs and mortars and probably a 251.
3rd phase: build caches while he is still at his cutoff to get a faster sherman to finish him off.

Infantry company is good, you can invest in a mortar instead of halftrack, 1919 make you save BARs upgrade, m7 mines + sandbags.
Rifle company gives you flares + flammers = nice combo with smoke, ammo intensive, you must build 1 ammo cache.
Reco commander is nice for the IRpathfinder, if you opponent is really static

I have been playing a lot with the armor commander before the patch. And it was already a real gambling since you don't have anything usefull before 7cp. M10 + Bull are really good combo indeed but you are betting to win mid/late game with it. Or mid/late game, USF is not in favor vs an Ostheer player who consolidated his side.
2 Jul 2015, 16:41 PM

Yeah, go ahead. Its pretty basic and I haven't had a chance to mess with it much this patch, but it should work in theory.

It may be better to forgo the quick LT + M20 and get 2 fighting positions down fast. RE in fighting positions really make it hard for mgs to do anything, and force the ostheer player to get a mortar or fast tech.

do you know off hand how incendiary rounds fare against FP's? also, as far as range is concerned, will the rifle nade always be in mg range?
2 Jul 2015, 16:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jul 2015, 10:44 AMEsxile

I have the impression this patch the USF/Wherm match-up us more an early all-in than before vs OKW. M10, Stuart and Jackson are too well countered by StugIII G + pak so investing on them is already a result of an early game failure. If you are dominating, those units are pretty much irrelevant, they are designated to counter armor, and you must deny him armor.
I have tried a lot to go T2 vs wehrm and I get nothing good from it, T2 USF can't help you to hold any line of fire, and that's what you need after the pushing phase.

Now see, in my albeit limited experience I really disagree. Most players aren't getting a stug + pak simply 'cos their army comp is far too wobbly. double mg, double gren, pak, stug, is a fairly unwieldy force. Mobility and pace has always been one of the USF's greatest assets and unless it's a map like faymonville or angoville east side, one with decent tactics and micro to execute should always be able to execute flanks/split their opponents force in two with the speed of armor company/base units.

And in regards to the last portion, this is where the Assault Engineer shines, demo's, mines and wired combined with a really mobile force that can not only respond anywhere on the map, but one that is never in the same place is deadly.
2 Jul 2015, 17:27 PM

RE
RE
RM
RM
RM
Grenades
Pathfinders
Cpt
Stuart
50 cal drop (if there are a lot of blobs)
Major
Ambulance
Sherman (if it early)
Jackson (if it late)
Replace rifles with airborne if those get wiped.
This is a good strat versus mg42
2 Jul 2015, 17:39 PM

Armor Company
x4 Riflemen
Lt.
M20
Assault Engies(optional[extra mp])
Anti-inf Hf
Grenades
m10
t4 Major
Sherman
B.A.R. upgrade(optional[need extra firepower vs vetted units])
Another m10 possibly
Another m10 possibly
Sherman Bulldozer
Good strat vs OKW/Pr0stheer.
3 Jul 2015, 02:59 AM

Ive had lots of fun vs Ostheer blowing up the defensive bunkers in their base with IR path ninja arty and then marching my rifles in to party. I've only tried it twice.Typically happens if I dominate with rifles and smoke early game and have lots of munitions. If I catch the enemy with their pants down in base I go greyhound.

Not a build order or strategy, but crazy.
3 Jul 2015, 07:37 AM

Armored company:
Build order

3x riflemen
2x assault enginners
Grenades if mg
Your riflemen will be attacking squad , and enginners with flamer will be flankers . With this you can easily defeat mgs.

If there is not flanking route , use smoke with riflemen and quikly attack mg with flame engineers

Later go for captain and ambulance (its up to you what will go first , if enemy is having vehicle go captain asap)

if they are having vehicles and you can´t build m 10 build at gun

2x M10
1x dozer

Now its up to you

Hints : use engineers to place those lil pesky mines (group max 3 of them , not more , because after 3 mines engine critic dont increase)

M10 is best unit verzus infantry if you cant micro it.
Its speed is great for crushing , if you can crush infantry with it (it needs a bit practice) your enemy will soonely retreat when only se it
- you can now crush first gren without engine critic becaouse faust do critic only when tanks is having less than 75 % hp
however if your hit by something or you get second faut without repair you get engine damage

Never forgot to build boldozer barrier - it is great indestructable late game cover and it nicely mess with tank pathing.

AND NEVER FORGOT TO PLACE DEMOS ON YOUR CUT OFF or FUEL TO WIPE GERMAN SQUADS THAT TRY TO HARASS
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★