Login

russian armor

USF post patch strategies

25 Jun 2015, 22:18 PM

I'm lost. Vs OKW meta is identical only now the .50 does its job. Vs Ostheer your crushed early game, crushed mid game, and crushed late game. Like seriously, until Relics next patch us USF players are going to have to strategize hardcore. So, discuss and share below.
Cat
25 Jun 2015, 23:07 PM

I'm lost. Vs OKW meta is identical only now the .50 does its job. Vs Ostheer your crushed early game, crushed mid game, and crushed late game. Like seriously, until Relics next patch us USF players are going to have to strategize hardcore. So, discuss and share below.

Please, for the love of god, don't become QueenRatchet 2.0 Dont cry OP every time you dont agree with something.

It's not that hard, you just need to adapt. It's doable. I've beaten OH as USF and been beaten by USF as OH in the new patch. It's going to be difficult to adapt but not impossible.
25 Jun 2015, 23:17 PM

Proceed as usual. Inf Company will be more useful now.

USF too will receive some love in the future.
26 Jun 2015, 00:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2015, 23:07 PMCat

Please, for the love of god, don't become QueenRatchet 2.0 Dont cry OP every time you dont agree with something.

It's not that hard, you just need to adapt. It's doable. I've beaten OH as USF and been beaten by USF as OH in the new patch. It's going to be difficult to adapt but not impossible.

Umm...that's the entire point in this thread. If I was whining this would be in the balance section. I want to "adapt."

26 Jun 2015, 01:48 AM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2015, 23:07 PMCat

how about telling him how you have gone about adapting, rather than simply saying "pls adapt nub". this is the strategy forums after all :foreveralone:
29 Jun 2015, 15:12 PM

I have an idea that I have not tested yet. Get 2 RE troops, 3 or 4 riflebros and grenades. Lead the attack with RE troops so you know where to pop smoke grenades. Maybe create a sort of smoke-leapfrog. This way, your rifles won't get suppressed before popping the smoke, which would give the MG42 plenty of time to re-position.
29 Jun 2015, 15:49 PM

Its strange, I played a game vs USF today. He teched/ used smoke and i was absolutely scrambling to use my MG's well.

The reason i have less USF games is because its boring with your 3-4 rifle start, it may feel bland because what else are you going to do?

My advice, try something different. The best players can win using weird strats. And it feels refreshing using other strats.
Also ive had alot of success with 2 RE+ 3 Rifles and then Bar tech into Captain. give it a try! 6-7 minute bars go to work on max vet 1-2 volks and grens.
29 Jun 2015, 16:17 PM

Its strange, I played a game vs USF today. He teched/ used smoke and i was absolutely scrambling to use my MG's well.

The reason i have less USF games is because its boring with your 3-4 rifle start, it may feel bland because what else are you going to do?

My advice, try something different. The best players can win using weird strats. And it feels refreshing using other strats.
Also ive had alot of success with 2 RE+ 3 Rifles and then Bar tech into Captain. give it a try! 6-7 minute bars go to work on max vet 1-2 volks and grens.

Celtic I agree, using new strats is the way to go for USF.

But finding new builds and ideas is not rewarding whatsoever.
29 Jun 2015, 16:45 PM

Celtic I agree, using new strats is the way to go for USF.

But finding new builds and ideas is not rewarding whatsoever.

Define rewarding? If you want to win alot of games then you have to go with repetition and the normal strats. But if you want to really become a better player (which i find rewarding) then learning to #ADAPT and use new ideas and tactics is making you a better player (In the long run).

Look at Captainsprice, 3x Pathfinders and BARS. He has pioneered this tactic. Correct me if Im wrong CaptainsPrice, but you've added another tactic to your USF arsenal? That is rewarding.
29 Jun 2015, 18:49 PM

2xRE start is really map dependent and you have to make sure your opponent open with MGs otherwise you can´t do much vs an early gren blob. And if he has mechanized commanders, 2xRE start vs a assault gren squad start is going to make your life a lot harder.

Usually I go 2xRE on LaGleise to send them to cap both side to fuel points. On Stalingrad to secure the houses and cap in priority munitions points.

I think your capping order is more than important now, and to not engage before having 1xRE 3xRifle covering a line so you can flank faster.
You have to developp a capping order that makes you having all your squads available mid map to push a first time.

With the new stug, fast T3 is not anymore an objective if you are not already dominating, it is far better to go T1/T2 2xAtgun + zook or only if you badly need a Scott.
Pak + stug is beast vs sherman, its completely shutdown you.

Actually I use to not go grenade but reco commander and a fast IRpathfinder squad. I build a fast munition cache and use the IRpathinder arty. Imo it is more rewarding than grenades and in many cases just obliterates houses and MG bunkers. For example I think it is good to always erase strategic church or house when the Ostheer player put his Mgs.
I cannot guaranty the success since the doctrine is soso, but it is interesting to play.
29 Jun 2015, 20:51 PM

Infantry company, 5 Rifle into Captain and Wambulance. 2 AT gun, 2 Priest. Worked for me on occasion. I
30 Jun 2015, 07:09 AM

2 Priests is a bit expensive and vulnerable to Puma/Stug flank imo.

I usually deploy a mobile mortar when I go Infantry doctrine, it works well vs OKW aggressive healing truck deployment or MG nest. It shouldn't be hard to keep it till you can also deploy a priest, both together scale well.
30 Jun 2015, 09:10 AM

AT guns should ward off Stug, and Stuart a Puma.

I've been experimenting with no Major builds that aren't Rifle or Armor. Beginning to realize that playing the USF as an infantry heavy, AT gun army isn't that build. Also beginning to realize the power of the Stuart.
30 Jun 2015, 10:33 AM

AT guns should ward off Stug, and Stuart a Puma.

I've been experimenting with no Major builds that aren't Rifle or Armor. Beginning to realize that playing the USF as an infantry heavy, AT gun army isn't that build. Also beginning to realize the power of the Stuart.

Yes I know, but 2 Priests looks like 1 too much imo. It is better to invest the mp and fuel in other areas. They are really fragile and the trade off Stug/Puma/Pz4 vs 1 or 2 Priest down is not in USF favor.

Just saying BTW. If it works, good.
30 Jun 2015, 12:46 PM

Just a thought from my sick head (never played USF 1v1 :D ):

NoTech USF cheese
Pros:
early access to grenades
early weapon upgrades
early ambulance (these two gonna save you lots of MP)
save fuel for call-ins

Cons:
no free squads from teching
resticted vehicle choice
gets shut down by CAS easily
high MP bleed will make your fuel savings worthless

BO:
RE(2nd)
RM
RM
RM
Tech Nades
RM
Tech BARZ
Equip Rifles with BARZ
Ambulance
Tech ZOOKZ
Equip REs with ZOOKZ (REs gonna vet fast and gain 5th model)

VARIANTS
Rifle Company
Toss in some flamers
spam МЧАЗЕВ

Armored Company
spam M10/Bulldozer (which one you need most at a time)
30 Jun 2015, 15:42 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I'm still morphing into post patch USF 1v1 form but I like rifle company LT M20 50 cal captain Stuart into easy 8 spammerino.

I enjoyed that build even last patch but obviously with the previous incarnations of the 50 cal and Stuart it didn't cut it.
Now it is just awesome, my favorite strategy so far.

In 2v2 I've found armor company assault engineer forward rush+ 3 rifle or 2 rifle if you have the fuel into LT and then the same double officer tech into armor callins.

Haven't teched major this patch yet except in a 4v4.
30 Jun 2015, 16:24 PM

Since most games have devolved into a rush to garrison an MG overlooking a valuable point, I've had a lot of success with the IR Pathfinders and their artillery barrage. Start with whatever opening you feel like, but supplement it with an early munitions cache since the barrage costs 140 munitions and grenades are absolutely necessary for USF post patch. Unless the opponent notices the red smoke right away, the barrage will destroy their HMG as well as the building (except for maybe some tougher buildings). It's worthwhile to distract them elsewhere on the map beforehand (I usually harass somewhere with a RE or spare Rifleman). Furthermore, you can force AT guns to re-position or die. Mix up fake barrages to keep them on their toes and save on munitions.

Of course, you can follow up with whatever teching you prefer or require. I usually get a Lieutenant before using this ability just so I can make a larger infantry push into the smoldering gap left by the barrage.

Unfortunately, the recon plane is pretty useless since the major's call in is better and I never have a 900mp float for the paradrop ability. I guess the Greyhound is nice in a pinch, though (especially vs Wehr snipers).

Note, however, that nearly all of my experience post patch has been in team games where I can enjoy a munitions surplus as well as late game soviet tank support.
30 Jun 2015, 18:25 PM

I've tried Recon Support in 1vs 1. When playing Ostheer it's not really worth it. Burning 140 munitions on arty is almost never worth it, Forward Observers is buggy, and the Greyhound just got nerfed.

CookiezandCreams Platoon/Company strategy actually looks really good. But how do you take on Stugs with EZ8s?
30 Jun 2015, 18:58 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I've tried Recon Support in 1vs 1. When playing Ostheer it's not really worth it. Burning 140 munitions on arty is almost never worth it, Forward Observers is buggy, and the Greyhound just got nerfed.

CookiezandCreams Platoon/Company strategy actually looks really good. But how do you take on Stugs with EZ8s?

With smoke too

the AT gun support by a 50 cal hard counters that as well,since you have LT and captain. Get vet 1 ATG for extra lols.
30 Jun 2015, 19:54 PM

I'm still morphing into post patch USF 1v1 form but I like rifle company LT M20 50 cal captain Stuart into easy 8 spammerino.

I use the same strat too and it works great. Furthermore I use more 50.cal nest because now are a lot more effective.

p.s. i would tnx Cookiezncreem because after his previous tips my rank is greatly improved
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★
  • The British Forces flag 보드카 중대
  • Oberkommando West flag VonManteuffel
  • Ostheer flag Heartless Jäger
uploaded by XXxxHeartlessxxXX

Board Info

222 users are online: 8 members and 214 guests
OKSpitfire, amanitamuscariaomh, nigo, Hannibal, DIRTY_FINISHER, Crecer13, empirescurropt, alejandroschintu
9 posts in the last 24h
35 posts in the last week
89 posts in the last month
Registered members: 44642
Welcome our newest member, amanitamuscariaomh
Most online: 2043 users on 29 Oct 2023, 01:04 AM