Login

russian armor

US need more now.

PAGES (12)down
30 Jun 2015, 19:33 PM

You acknowledge that you are incorrect, yet you choose to ignore and select facts to prove your false point

It's not a false point.

Starting unit cost is subtracted from starting MP, meaning that OKW functionally have the least starting MP. This gives OKW a lot less choice in what they can build to start and puts an essential cap on how much early game field presence they have.
30 Jun 2015, 19:44 PM

I wonder why OKW has to start with Sturms. It's not like they're a builder unit required for teching. I wonder how different things would be if OKW started with a volk squad instead.

Kubel starts would be harder since there wouldn't be the fastest repairing unit around by default.

The Puppchen just being available will remain the best deterrent against allies rushing for any kind of vehicle.

And OKW always needs more volks.

I dunno, the WFA armies are such a cluster that it's hard to approach balance without suggesting fundamental changes.
30 Jun 2015, 19:46 PM

Permanently Banned

It's not a false point.

Starting unit cost is subtracted from starting MP,

It is false. You cant conveniently exclude the mp on the field to support your, again, false point.
30 Jun 2015, 19:54 PM

It is false. You cant conveniently exclude the mp on the field to support your, again, false point.

Less units means less capping power. But this isn't germane to the discussion at hand (USF) so I kindly ask we stop this derail. My only point was merely rushing a Puppchen can put the hurt on OKW MP wise.
30 Jun 2015, 19:57 PM

Permanently Banned

Less units means less capping power. But this isn't germane to the discussion at hand (USF) so I kindly ask we stop this derail. My only point was merely rushing a Puppchen can put the hurt on OKW MP wise.

I proved that your point is bullshit. simple.

Reketen is in t1, can retreat, can enter garrisons, and can cloak. Stop complaining and git gud.
30 Jun 2015, 20:01 PM

I proved that your point is bullshit. simple.

Reketen is in t1, can retreat, can enter garrisons, and can cloak. Stop complaining and git gud.

It's not complaining? I was just pointing out that rushing a Puppchen can put OKW had a big handi-cap when starting out because they will have very little capping power/AI power.
30 Jun 2015, 21:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2015, 11:19 AMPhy

What can you do appart from rifles?

USF need a lot of chances because they are designed soo poorly. Rifles are overpriced for how they perform on early and late game in the current patch.

rifleman are the best all round front line infantrymen in the game. they're as dependable and adaptable as it gets. the changes will come tactically, primarily in area denial and pace. i can see double RE starts becoming more popular, not to cap, but to pressure key pts/mg nests early, allowing time and spacing for your rifles to actually fight, instead of getting instantly suppressed. changes like that are going to be crucial especially as we're seeing MG42's first out the gate, even with 10% requisition speed to add insult to injury.

look, i'm not disagreeing that seeing more options wouldn't be good, i'm not against that, that has been the attitude sine the WFA Alpha, but let's not get carried away, units aren't just going to fall out of the sky, and I don't think the USF are as inhibited as the general public are leading each other to believe.
30 Jun 2015, 22:53 PM

True. Simply walking a two rifles around the map in a creative flank can seriously hurt the Ostheer player on the first engagement.
1 Jul 2015, 04:20 AM

rifleman are the best all round front line infantrymen in the game. they're as dependable and adaptable as it gets. the changes will come tactically, primarily in area denial and pace. i can see double RE starts becoming more popular, not to cap, but to pressure key pts/mg nests early, allowing time and spacing for your rifles to actually fight, instead of getting instantly suppressed. changes like that are going to be crucial especially as we're seeing MG42's first out the gate, even with 10% requisition speed to add insult to injury.

look, i'm not disagreeing that seeing more options wouldn't be good, i'm not against that, that has been the attitude sine the WFA Alpha, but let's not get carried away, units aren't just going to fall out of the sky, and I don't think the USF are as inhibited as the general public are leading each other to believe.

+1

I use one RE doing cap work while one is acting like a scout for my rifles. You can even go crazy with going 4 x RE and going elite rifle call in and rush Strat points to pump out a quick M20.

Basic BO - 4 x RE, 1 x Elite Rifle LT, M20 and then decide to roll the dice and rush T3 or Go to T2 for a CPT for AT support to counter 222 or T3 Armor along with getting a Pack Howitzer to help with the MG Spam. You can help augment your combat power with the RE in the Mid to Late game by giving them BARs and using them to screen the rifles or push with them to overwhelm axis infantry.

1 Jul 2015, 04:49 AM
Donator 11

I'm not wrong

Gotto admire your spirit man

1 Jul 2015, 05:26 AM

Holy balls people, Alex has really been trying to speak rationally of late y'know? Could everyone maybe just move on from his old ways like he has and, I dunno, treat the guy with some respect for once?

Look a month ago I woulda jumped on any mistake he made and probably made some clever insinuation of fanboyism like everyone else. But he's turning a new leaf here. Grow the fuck up.

He's got a valid point and you're all just arguing semantics here. A major reason that it's risky whenever OKW builds another Sturm is that it greatly handicaps field presence. It's a trade-off between a good support/assault squad or a frontline combat unit with another available soon down the road. And yes, the game does force the OKW into the more risky side of that choice.
1 Jul 2015, 07:40 AM

1 Jul 2015, 08:23 AM

Permanently Banned
I used to fear USF when I played ostheer pre patch, but now, I pity them.
1 Jul 2015, 09:46 AM

I wonder why OKW has to start with Sturms. It's not like they're a builder unit required for teching. I wonder how different things would be if OKW started with a volk squad instead.

Kubel starts would be harder since there wouldn't be the fastest repairing unit around by default.

The Puppchen just being available will remain the best deterrent against allies rushing for any kind of vehicle.

And OKW always needs more volks.

I dunno, the WFA armies are such a cluster that it's hard to approach balance without suggesting fundamental changes.

Your dream might comes true. Careful with what you wish for.
1 Jul 2015, 11:03 AM

I think USF could use some mortars plus maybe a Stuart buff or something.
1 Jul 2015, 11:24 AM
Patrion 14

I think USF could use some mortars plus maybe a Stuart buff or something.

USF needs a t0 mortar. That way they have an option early game as well as a manpower-only soft counter to HMGs.

The stuart though, is fine. It does a reasonable job at multiple roles.
1 Jul 2015, 14:30 PM

USF needs a t0 mortar. That way they have an option early game as well as a manpower-only soft counter to HMGs.

The stuart though, is fine. It does a reasonable job at multiple roles.

Yeah I actually forgot about the most recent buff, I was pretty tired
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight