Login

russian armor

Skins, etc NOT in Auto-match...

• This thread is locked
PAGES (4)down
25 Jun 2015, 04:04 AM
Patrion 28

i expect relic to add things to the store at the same rate they add maps to the game, releaes patches, and fix bugs:

glacially.

cause the warhammer universe has that kind of flexibility, and a lot of crazy stuff doesnt look out of place in wh40k. where as if you had some bright flashy stuff in ww2, it would definitely stand out and look out of place.

coh2 is already not a realistic game and it's not trying to be a realistic game (at least i hope not) in multiplayer. even 40k doesn't have the lore flexibility for dick decals or bright pink SM (chaos is different) it's tolerated in TT because it's TT and a big part of the appeal is that you can customize your army. you can do the same thing in realism focused WWII TT games, it's just less likely because the people who play those games tend to be more realism focused.
25 Jun 2015, 04:32 AM

cause the warhammer universe has that kind of flexibility, and a lot of crazy stuff doesnt look out of place in wh40k. where as if you had some bright flashy stuff in ww2, it would definitely stand out and look out of place.

Then restrict the colors you can chose to not eye-cancer colors. Also there are several USF skins that are very flashy and several of the upcoming OKW skins are flash as all hell as well.

Like there is zero excuse to not just port over the DoW army painting system when it was one of the best things about the game because it allowed you to personalize your army.
25 Jun 2015, 08:17 AM

I have nothing against custom decals or colors but they should be approved somehow. I mean pink tanks with unicorn decal is stupid and will make me quit game. The decals/skins should have something to do with the WW2, that should be the limitation.
Putting a 40s style dressed woman decal on a tank would be realistic. Putting a pokemon decal would be retarded.
25 Jun 2015, 08:31 AM
Patrion 28

I don't want to see your stupid skins and decals in automatch. And in a 4v4 if you wanted to see everyones pink tanks with dick decals you would need to download all that stuff before the match starts, which would increase the load times for everyone.
25 Jun 2015, 08:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2015, 02:14 AMVonIvan

Your Sig is beautiful.

Thank you sir

25 Jun 2015, 09:00 AM

Yeah.. I don't want to see pink tanks and dildos in automatch, save that for custom games.

Moderating such content and rules around it is a god damn bitch, excuse the wording. Have done it for a mod in another game genre (me and a lot of others in that community), I know first hand it can be hard and unnecessarily time consuming. Don't open the floodgates of shit content to cater to a small minority.
25 Jun 2015, 09:02 AM

Relic should make a community event: The 5 best (serious) decals and camo schemes make it into the game. Let them decide or the community (with a veto from Relic - or we get dicks on pink tanks by public vote).
25 Jun 2015, 09:54 AM

There's an easy fix for this, make the skins client side only like in vCoH or War thunder.

25 Jun 2015, 10:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2015, 16:39 PMtuvok
I don't wanna see your stupid anime decals in game hans

+1
25 Jun 2015, 11:21 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Haters gonna hate.

25 Jun 2015, 11:35 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2015, 09:54 AMRollo
There's an easy fix for this, make the skins client side only like in vCoH or War thunder.

This would be much better than the current implementation. It's a bummer I can't show my cool stuff to other people, but AT LEAST I could see it myself.
25 Jun 2015, 11:37 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

This would be much better than the current implementation. It's a bummer I can't show my cool stuff to other people, but AT LEAST I could see it myself.

Yeah I also agree. Relic needs to do this. Petition people?
25 Jun 2015, 11:38 AM

And if you're streaming, your streamers could also enjoy custom stuff.

Yeah I also agree. Relic needs to do this. Petition people?

I honestly don't think that even the biggest petition could change Relic's mind in any way :/
25 Jun 2015, 13:14 PM
Coder Red Badge

Client-side-only skins likely won't happen these days. They can be abused to make units and abilities easier to see/distinguish from one another, which isn't too big a deal since CoH2 isn't a super-competitive game but could still be a problem. It also makes purchased content 100% useless, since it can be replicated and distributed to people for free extremely easily.
25 Jun 2015, 13:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2015, 13:14 PMInverse
It also makes purchased content 100% useless, since it can be replicated and distributed to people for free extremely easily.

You could say the same about war thunder skins, but it doesn't happen.

People will not upload/advertise DLC skins to workshop because

A: they will risk getting in shit for uploading DLC.

B: Even if someone pirates the DLC outside of the marketplace it takes more effort to do and they will still only work client side (meaning the vast majority of players will just buy something petty like skins legit)

25 Jun 2015, 14:08 PM
Coder Red Badge

I suppose if you had to access them through the workshop it would make the problem a little less severe. It still fucks with purchased skins though, and there's still the potential to use skins to achieve an in-game advantage, since it's unreasonable to expect Relic will screen every single workshop entry.
25 Jun 2015, 14:08 PM

Adding 'Community Spotlight' decals and skins on a monthly basis would be awesome. Just like they do with maps. Adding decals and skins is much easier too, since it's not going to affect the game balance and gameplay.
25 Jun 2015, 16:50 PM

And if we have a community spotlight, what would the selection be based on?

Doubt they'd want to shoot them self in the foot with potential free high quality skins/decals that might directly compete with bought ones (as Inverse pointed out). Basing it on popularity and they still run the risk of getting swastikas and unicorns. Doesn't leave a whole lot of room for other stuff.
25 Jun 2015, 17:01 PM

It will have to go through an approval process but other than that yes.
PAGES (4)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS