Login

russian armor

Singleplayer spawn problem

24 Jun 2015, 07:13 AM
Patrion 14

Read post #4 for current problem.

Didn't want to make a new thread for this one, it has the same topic.

Hey

Been looking out a while to make single player scenario's :D
I started trying making one this morning, just a quick test. Seems I can't even get past Step1...

When I add a spawn area for Player2, it automaticly swaps to the assigned player from the other spawn point and the other way around...

Anyone knows how to fix this? :)

24 Jun 2015, 07:34 AM
Patrion 14

I feel retarted... After 15 minuts I found out I was editing Default setting -_-

Any mod, no problem if you delete this ;)
24 Jun 2015, 13:44 PM

Just wait till you find out you made half a map doing that, and only after testing the map, you see the AI shooting at tree's....wtf? Ohh, those trees belong to team 4 apparently. And half the map is the wrong team! :)
26 Jun 2015, 08:38 AM
Patrion 14

I'm trying to add a spawn point with a marker. Its named mkr_playerspawn1.
This is my code in my MapName.scar (Test.scar).

When I start the scenario there are no units, only the pioneer. Nothing else happens. What am I doing wrong? As far as I know I did the same as the Relic tutorial.

*After spotting a small error (I accidently wrote a ' somewhere that was very hard to see) in my Test.scar file I now have this result:

And I have this in the Map Maker. I'm pretty sure this is related to the marker.

Also, when I start the scenario I have to double press ESC to start it, else I can't do anything, the game is frozen. Its really weird.

Test.options file

Thanks in advance!
26 Jun 2015, 09:22 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Is it the new icon next to the "objects" icon ? So that's what you use to make missions?

26 Jun 2015, 09:28 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2015, 09:22 AMSpanky
Is it the new icon next to the "objects" icon ? So that's what you use to make missions?

And I use these links:
- http://modding.companyofheroes.com/single-player-missions
- http://www.coh2.org/topic/10409/map-making-tutorial-index

You can find an example mission made by Relic here:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=464057381

Unpack it with Janne's map/mod tool and you have a nice example.
26 Jun 2015, 10:04 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Alright, thank you! :)
26 Jun 2015, 20:16 PM
Patrion 14

Is it me, or is this single player map maker just buggy as fuck? I'm going to leave it untill next patch.. Bugsplats and shit everywhere.
26 Jun 2015, 21:19 PM

Sounds to be most likely to me a scripting error or similar issues with the other scenario scripting files.

Do yourself a and launch your single-player mission in coh2, the error will obviously occur but it's necessary to get a fresh warnings.log, shut down coh2 and navigate to "C:\user\"current user"\Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 2" and locate the most recent altered warnings.log file.
"right-click->send to->compressed folder" and upload the compressed warnings.log to my files here at coh2.org and i might be able to figure out.

ps. you have spelled "obj_Munitionsdepot" in two ways and it might be your issue, because your script reference that does not exists.
28 Jun 2015, 17:53 PM
Patrion 14

Sounds to be most likely to me a scripting error or similar issues with the other scenario scripting files.

Do yourself a and launch your single-player mission in coh2, the error will obviously occur but it's necessary to get a fresh warnings.log, shut down coh2 and navigate to "C:\user\"current user"\Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes 2" and locate the most recent altered warnings.log file.
"right-click->send to->compressed folder" and upload the compressed warnings.log to my files here at coh2.org and i might be able to figure out.

ps. you have spelled "obj_Munitionsdepot" in two ways and it might be your issue, because your script reference that does not exists.

Thanks for the reply! Sorry for the late answer. Been kinda busy lately. I will make a new map, test out of I get the same error and send you the files (Deleted the other one :p ).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 28
Germany 585

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment