Donator 11

Bought a Faceplate for 1,99€

My way to support Relic...

:snfBarton:
24 Jun 2015, 11:55 AM
Donator 11

24 Jun 2015, 12:19 PM
Donator 11

Yes, because it is on sale with 75% off.

I know what you mean. This doctrine is useless, as well as many others as long as Soviets gont have a decent non doc tank
24 Jun 2015, 14:00 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

If you are currently going to buy a load of skins from the new Store, i would caution you to check the prices first.

e.g. if you want to buy the OKW Panzergrau West pattern, the one bundle of 6 costs £4.79, whereas buying each of the 6 items individually costs only 79p per unit = £4.74

Same applies for the OKW 2 tone Field pattern

This may of course change for other currencies

24 Jun 2015, 19:53 PM

If you are currently going to buy a load of skins from the new Store, i would caution you to check the prices first.

e.g. if you want to buy the OKW Panzergrau West pattern, the one bundle of 6 costs £4.79, whereas buying each of the 6 items individually costs only 79p per unit = £4.74

Same applies for the OKW 2 tone Field pattern

This may of course change for other currencies

sir. you didnt get my point. before this patch. i pay exactly for what i bought. now i must pay 10 times more. minimum cost for add fund to steam is far too too much than cost of items i need.

my problem here is new store didnt have other pay method like in steam store(i want to pay just exactly for what i want. with paypal) if not for this 'add fund' problem, relic could have my money 12 hours ago.

and to the rich. just stay in your throne and keep ruling the world pls. i dont mind your opinion.
24 Jun 2015, 20:37 PM

It's fine, specially if they moderate it well and let content creators sell their products. Even if they put a skin for $1000 on their store, you have no right to complain since it is 100% cosmetic and if you don't like it, don't buy it. Commanders are another subject though.

I gladly paid a very small amount of money for PanzerGrau (or what ever it's called). The only thing is I feel like "What the hell guys, the most iconic WWII German tank color should have been available since release".
24 Jun 2015, 20:43 PM

I bought dat panzergrau too

What's the big deal? It's just fun stuff for people with a bit of spare cash. You can't even buy fast food for these prices. Sell me more, Relic!
24 Jun 2015, 20:49 PM
Coder Red Badge

This is the shit they should've been focusing on from the start. If they hadn't designed the game around DLC commanders and instead focused on selling cosmetics, CoH2 would be much, much better than it is right now.
24 Jun 2015, 21:42 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2015, 20:49 PMInverse
This is the shit they should've been focusing on from the start. If they hadn't designed the game around DLC commanders and instead focused on selling cosmetics, CoH2 would be much, much better than it is right now.

Its already better than vcoh :megusta: and will be miles ahead after the alpha content gets released. :megusta:
24 Jun 2015, 23:43 PM

I can't wait to see what the community produces. It only makes sense for relic to eventually sell community created content like we have with Dota2 and CS:GO. We could be in for some absolutely amazing skins for not just tanks but infantry as well.
25 Jun 2015, 02:14 AM
Coder Red Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2015, 21:42 PMspajn

Its already better than vcoh :megusta: and will be miles ahead after the alpha content gets released. :megusta:

If your primary interest is microing units, then yes, I'd say CoH2 is better. If your primary interest is playing a varied strategy game, not so much. But, different strokes :)
25 Jun 2015, 03:54 AM

ok. for 'to hell it with' sake. im already add fund and bought those 4camo pack. 95%off is too much too ingnore. i love coh. love to support it and always will. i just want fair trade thats all.

that money(150 THB) is not a big deal as you say. but im not rich, just a white collar slave. i have to spend buck wisely and worthy.

hope this new store will have more and more super discount like this and keep update promotion weekly, especially on commanders

and now i have 120.2 THB floating in my account right now. i hope relic will have more good discount OTW so i can spend it. dont make that money in my steam wallet float around too long and useless

bcos 120.2 THB can let you have 'all you can eat-grill house buffet' meal like this at my country. thats not spare money that i can throw away for no reason.

25 Jun 2015, 04:08 AM
Patrion 28

sir. you didnt get my point. before this patch. i pay exactly for what i bought. now i must pay 10 times more. minimum cost for add fund to steam is far too too much than cost of items i need.

my problem here is new store didnt have other pay method like in steam store(i want to pay just exactly for what i want. with paypal) if not for this 'add fund' problem, relic could have my money 12 hours ago.

and to the rich. just stay in your throne and keep ruling the world pls. i dont mind your opinion.

you can pay exactly what it costs if it's over $5. idk how it works with other currencies.
25 Jun 2015, 13:17 PM
Coder Red Badge

When you have thousands of people charging $0.50 items to separate credit card transactions you pay out the ass in transaction fees. That's why there's a $5 minimum for Steam Wallet funds when you purchase in-game content. It's never going to change, and it's honestly not a big deal at all.
26 Jun 2015, 08:01 AM

I bought the soviet branch skins and the panzergrau. No big deal that I now have 4,50€ something floating in the wallet. Am I not buying the Egyptians (some think it's the British) later on? Of course I am. A k a TAKE MY MONEY. I'm excited.

ok. for 'to hell it with' sake. im already add fund and bought those 4camo pack. 95%off is too much too ingnore. i love coh. love to support it and always will. i just want fair trade thats all.

Agreed completely all of it. Use my reason as well :)
26 Jun 2015, 08:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jun 2015, 20:49 PMInverse

This is absolutely true.
They were so greedy that they took the game every chance to grow.
They were (are?) all like "MONEY MONEY MONEY!!", the game itself only came after that.

I don't know if it's Relic's fault or SEGA's but it doesn't change the fact that this game was meant to be a milk cow from the start.

They knew that the name Company of Heroes was highly appreciated in the RTS community, so they saw their chance to make a fortune but to be honest they made as good as every mistake possible.

They mixed all money collecting ideas they knew together and created a monster that nobody (except us, the hard core of the game) wanted.

Let's list every method they tried to get more money out of the game:

• Pre-Order Bonusses
  • Limited Game Editions
  • Commanders that are clearly better than others but cost money
  • Tank skins that cost money, in addition Faceplates
  • Campaign additions (TOW) that cost money

In summary: If you bought Company of Heroes 2 without ANY further DLC pre warspoils you had a game that contained only multiplayer and a single player campaign. No TOW, no pre order bonusses, no skins, no commanders to stay viable online and that for a full priced (59,99 Euros) game.

That is simply not bearable.
Warspoils came way to late, 95% of the community had quit the game by that time and it still was only a drop in the bucket that was implemented poorly. Not because of the community but because they wanted players to stay in the game to spend more money on it (what is not reprehensible, at least they are still a company).

In short: The problem is that they took a look at the big Free2Play games such as League of Legends and were amazed by how RIOT makes a fortune out of selling cosmetic add ons. Then they simply took the idea one to one and didn't even think about the fact that CoH is a whole other genre and in addition a full priced game.

Then they slowly proceeded to try other tactics.
At the beginning, new commanders were released about every 2 months. Now they haven't released a new commander for about 8-9 months if I am correct. A new TOW campaign hasn't been released for over 1 1/2 year. Why? Because they didn't sell as well as planned.
26 Jun 2015, 08:39 AM
Patrion 14

In summary: If you bought Company of Heroes 2 without ANY further DLC pre warspoils you had a game that contained only multiplayer and a single player campaign. No TOW, no pre order bonusses, no skins, no commanders to stay viable online and that for a full priced (59,99 Euros) game.

That is simply not bearable.

hmm. only agree on pre-order shite. if the content is made before the official launch, it should be in the game for anyone who bought the game no matter what... in my opinion.

btw, I am pretty sure about half of the TOW missions are the ones that shipped with the game on launch. there were many default skins you could unlock via leveling, and many of the best commanders at launch and now are default ones if i am not mistaken.

other than you being simply incompatible with facts, what is this culture of self-victimisation gamers got where when developers release paid add-ons that are made post-launch and suddenly gamers feel like developers are fuckin' them in the ass.

i'm sorry but when relic announced their 5 year plan, did anyone expect them to solely work off of their initial financial gain at launch? maybe if developing triple A game like coh2 didn't cost a fortune, things would be different.
26 Jun 2015, 09:47 AM
Donator 33

I was excited for the in-game store but as it turns out i cant buy more NKVD commanders to have a collection of 3 of them. All i ever wanted was to demoralize my opponent in the loading screen with triple NKVD, but relic wont even allow this to be made possible, i have the money, but its not allowed to buy commanders that you already have :(
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 80
France 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment