Login

russian armor

m1919 rifles are overperforming

26 Jun 2015, 21:03 PM
Patrion 27

Well atleast blitz buff was cut in half for panthers and tigers so its not as bad as it was. As for defensive stance, yes it makes sense irl. But its arbitrarily just given to riflemen. This leads to other examples like, why can't grens do this even though the lmg42 is a better weapon? Or why axis don't get demo charges? See this kind of reasoning is just as good of an argument but it wouldn't be balanced. I don't have a problem with defensive stance, but as of now its only used to run up and suppress. Does great dps, no setup time. This ability makes most sense as a hold the line type of ability. Just like jagdpanzer recloaking, it shouldn't be available during combat and is an ability that needs to be used before an engagement.

USF need some adjustments to make them more well rounded, but that doesn't mean they should keep all the bullshit and strictly only get buffs.

Defensive stance outside of combat for all LMG wielding units could be interesting.
26 Jun 2015, 21:32 PM

Defensive stance outside of combat for all LMG wielding units could be interesting.

No, it would be dreadfully horrible beyond imagination.
26 Jun 2015, 23:07 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Conceptually, yes, but they'd all need a ton of changes to make that work (Mostly in at least requiring a damage nerf into the ground).
27 Jun 2015, 00:44 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

cover is directional. If the grenade land behind the sandbag and in the middle of your squad it's going to hurt.

Wrong, it only matter initial position of the unit shooting and the one on the receiving end.
Same with mortars or other units.
27 Jun 2015, 00:53 AM

Maybe slightly lower cost of 1919, but limit one to a squad?
27 Jun 2015, 03:00 AM

This should of been a poll.
27 Jun 2015, 03:19 AM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2015, 17:28 PMRocket

I'm sorry but I think USF needs this right now unless they change something else with them. It is the only good thing they have infantry wise. To me defensive stand makes a lot more sense than blitzkreig. Like a soldier wouldn't drop down to a prone position in the middle of combat and put out suppressing fire with his lmg? VS hitting the rocket boosters retro fitted into your panther backwards to reverse faster than the speed of light (sarcasm).

I know that you know that I know about the way the game engine is designed, but I guess I can hope then relic will ignore this thread as it has ignored every other one about blitzkrieg and do nothing about it.

that's retarded. yes, the ability is OP and yes blitz is very good (possibly OP, haven't used it in a while) but they should both be fixed and they don't "balance" each other out in any way. ideally all of the balance issues would be instantly solved but that won't happen so we have to take incremental changes which are (like it or not) going to shift the meta in one direction or the other for at least a patch, especially with how bad relic is at balance/bugs.
27 Jun 2015, 03:52 AM

I do feel M1919 LMG are fine by themselves, even buying two is a 140 munitions investment in a heavily munition reliant faction.
Defeating other long range squads should be expected due to putting 140 munitions into a single squad that does have rather lack luster veterancy.
It also does go against the USF design of mobility, having to stop and fire compared to being able to move and engage with BARs.
However, the defensive stance should be looked at, given its rather powerful ability that can quite easily change the engagement.
Either allow it to be activated before, not during, combat but allow to deactivated thus being powerful but easily countered with snipers, artillery, etc
Forcing their hand to engage or retreat, depriving them of Defensive Stance.
Or keep it the same way as it is, activating in combat but not capable of deactivating during combat.
This will let the enemy player punish the USF with grenades or even the threat of being run over by vehicles.
I'd prefer the first option, as it isn't as flexible as the second, it doesn't force you to retreat due to some nasty gift by the enemy.

27 Jun 2015, 06:20 AM

They lay down and start shredding things in seconds provided the target isn't already in cover. How is there even a debate?
27 Jun 2015, 06:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2015, 06:20 AMKrap
They lay down and start shredding things in seconds provided the target isn't already in cover. How is there even a debate?

Oh you mean the most expensive standard infantry squad maxed out with 140 muni of upgrades, performing well?

Must nerf this cannot have a unit performing up to par, that's bad.
28 Jun 2015, 03:56 AM

Oh you mean the most expensive standard infantry squad maxed out with 140 muni of upgrades, performing well?

Must nerf this cannot have a unit performing up to par, that's bad.

No, they're preforming too well. It doesn't matter how expensive it is if its too effective.
28 Jun 2015, 04:59 AM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2015, 03:56 AMKrap

No, they're preforming too well. It doesn't matter how expensive it is if its too effective.

it does matter but something can be too powerful regardless of cost.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★