Stug G vs. Soviet and Allied armor

PAGES (12)down
1 Jul 2015, 00:17 AM

Imagine stacking it with Hulldown and Scopes
1 Jul 2015, 00:20 AM

Imagine stacking it with Hulldown and Scopes

And command panzer IV. Ele-Stug Kappa
1 Jul 2015, 00:35 AM

Just thought of if TWP for the Stug was redesign to disable the enemy tank gun for a few seconds, say around 3 to 6 seconds. (Not destroy the gun but unable to return fire) That way the Tank can't return any effective fire but be able to escape. TWP still be good but not great.
1 Jul 2015, 00:43 AM

Is that possible?

I don't know if a "disable gun" critical exists. (I know destroy gun does.)
1 Jul 2015, 00:45 AM

The OKW Puma disables the turret of enemy tanks with vet 1 so I would assume it be possible and not to difficult to implement.
1 Jul 2015, 00:47 AM

The OKW Puma disables the turret of enemy tanks with vet 1 so I would assume it be possible and not to difficult to implement.
Edit: Oh bloody hell, double post, I say I feel rather foolish.
1 Jul 2015, 01:55 AM

Ohhh. Than yeah, this is a pretty good idea too.
1 Jul 2015, 02:19 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Just thought of if TWP for the Stug was redesign to disable the enemy tank gun for a few seconds, say around 3 to 6 seconds. (Not destroy the gun but unable to return fire) That way the Tank can't return any effective fire but be able to escape. TWP still be good but not great.

Hm, good idea. Still helps them wins fights, doesn't stunlock things to death in bulk.
1 Jul 2015, 02:38 AM

Permanently Banned

/thread
1 Jul 2015, 05:52 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Spearhead is good whenever your turret is looking at your ass and you need to instantly make it look at the front.

Target weak point into Aimed shot; sure why not.

BTW, Tiger Ace triple tap still needs a fix.
2 Jul 2015, 20:16 PM

Disabling and damaging the turret of tanks is one of the better criticals in the game. It's kind of a shame they were removed.

Slowing and stopping turret traversal actually created very meaningful choices. Facing a heavy tank's rear armor to align the gun to finish off a flanking light or medium tank is the kind of choices players should have to be making in battle.
3 Jul 2015, 07:54 AM

+1

Now its terrible to see 3 stugs + tiger ace , everything is stuning you jacsons and shermans.

Stug is fine where he is im not crying for nerf , just this ability (TWP) in stug and tiger ace is a bit silly and OP
3 Jul 2015, 08:20 AM

Great idea. Seriously, that would fix the entire problem of TWP.
3 Jul 2015, 11:08 AM

Disable turret is OK on Puma because it has turret and can move away from line of fire while keep firing by itself.

For StuG it is kinda strange - you have to disable turret, turn sideways, move a bit, turn back on target then continue to make shots.
3 Jul 2015, 11:13 AM

Disable turret is OK on Puma because it has turret and can move away from line of fire while keep firing by itself.

For StuG it is kinda strange - you have to disable turret, turn sideways, move a bit, turn back on target then continue to make shots.

Or you can attack tank from the side in the first place as tanks are not deployed and used like creeps in MOBAs.
3 Jul 2015, 11:21 AM

A tank's turret won't always be facing forward. If it's caught at a bad angle it could get stuck sideways and be a real pain to manage. It could also be very useful when used in conjunction with P4s or other mobile tanks.

If that doesn't do it, you could always give the Stug ambush camo. Have it go immobile and invisible (re concealment time greater than it's RoF to ensure no JP4 style shenanigans) and grant it a damage and Pen bonus on the first shot out of stealth.
3 Jul 2015, 11:31 AM

A tank's turret won't always be facing forward. If it's caught at a bad angle it could get stuck sideways and be a real pain to manage. It could also be very useful when used in conjunction with P4s or other mobile tanks.

Or you can attack tank from the side in the first place as tanks are not deployed and used like creeps in MOBAs.

I agree with your points, but I think it is still would look poor on turretless TD. For example it is just plain useless against turretless vehicles (for example Puma, again, very good against turretless vehicles without any additional abilities).

There has to be other way.

But current stun shot is just plain ugly, especially if you count in relative cheapness, range and DPS on pretty sturdy hull with armor bonus @vet2.
3 Jul 2015, 11:35 AM

For example it is just plain useless against turretless vehicles (for example Puma, again, very good against turretless vehicles without any additional abilities).

How useful is INFANTRY TRACKING on SU-76 and 85 against armor again?

Vet ability doesn't have to be IWIN in combat, doesn't even have to be combat related at all *cough* capture points *cough*.
3 Jul 2015, 11:39 AM

How useful is INFANTRY TRACKING on SU-76 and 85 against armor again?

Vet ability doesn't have to be IWIN in combat, doesn't even have to be combat related at all *cough* capture points *cough*.

Well, that's what I'm talking about - let's not repeat Infantry Tracking mistakes again.
Let it be Concrete-piercing round or something like that. I mean some situational ability, not no-brainer "I-disable-your-tank-haha-run-or-die-now".
3 Jul 2015, 11:39 AM
Patrion 14

In this case, you shouldn't be using turretless units by themselves, and their abilities shouldnt allow them to single handedly wreck the units they will typically be fighting, with no micro required. The abilities should also have counterplay of some type. Otherwise, you give one faction an unfair advantage, and force the other to be exceedingly careful.

The puma ability can be countered by retreating or aiming the turret at the enemy manually. Blenkorpers can be dodged. Blitzing tanks can be blocked/ chased/ engine critted. Smoke can be attack grounded. HVAP units can be retreated from.

TWP lets a single AT weapon (stug/pak40) to not only deal heavy damage, but to do so in a way that has no counterplay. If a vehicle is stunned, it has no chance to flee until the ability runs out. This means that a single stug/ pak40 can fire twice with no retaliation, halving the life total of a medium tank. It also means that heavy AT sources like the elephant can wipe a medium tank with no counterplay. When TWP is used in conjunction with multiple AT sources, it allows for easy installation gibs, as well as chained stunning.

TWP also requires minimal micro to pull off. For a pak, merely press the ability. For an elephant/stug, press a button then select a target.

There is no way to excuse TWP as an okay ability. It is simply far too powerful and has 0 counterplay besides being ultra defensive (which allied factions are terrible at). It unfairly punishes allied players for building medium tanks.
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS