Login

russian armor

unexplained crashes

18 Jun 2015, 16:07 PM

i'm running on windows 8 and am enjoying the game but it seems top me that every third game the game just seems to crash and turfs me back into windows. a window then turns up asking to send a report (bug splat). is there a patch to fix this? steam doesn't seem to want to download any patches.
18 Jun 2015, 16:40 PM

Try to remove all your "replays". Its in the coh2 "playback" folder. It fixed all the bugsplats for me/
21 Jun 2015, 16:42 PM

just done it so i'll give it a go.

thanks.
21 Jun 2015, 16:57 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Have you tried verifying your game cache through Steam? Also, although it is probably the last thing you want to do when your game crashes, you really should submit the bugsplat report.
23 Jun 2015, 15:04 PM

played 2 games, first one about 2.5 hours and was fine. next one about an hour and a half into it and it crashed to windows again. no bug splat this time but a grey windowsy box with an error code it i neglected to write down due to bout of swearing. i have noticed that the games that crash are ones where i have had to pause them due to the door bell or the phone. one that are unpaused go all the way through. i have also started to use some of the tuning packs like "realism mode" and the like and other maps off the website. i don't play any games online due to an appalling connection speed and all games are played against the AI. whilst the computer is virtually brand new with a i7 4770 cpu @ 3.5 Ghz with 32 Gb of ram and a samsung ssd 840 evo 1Tb c drive. i do have an older (3 year old ) graphics card, a radeon HD 5800 X2 (drivers are from nov 2114) which i kept as i thought it was new enough and the rebuild was costing enough at the time (didn't want to fork out for yet another water block which would only fit one card)

as such i have noticed if you play a game with two allies and three adversaries set to expert and set the limit to 1000 each it struggles so i have to limit my mayhem to 500 each.

this is what i have and what i tend to do with it.

computerheat - i don't know how to verify a game cache through steam and the bug splat window is now gone as i read the previous post and went for it. oops!

will try a few more games today and this time write down any error codes that occur.
23 Jun 2015, 15:05 PM

played 2 games, first one about 2.5 hours and was fine. next one about an hour and a half into it and it crashed to windows again. no bug splat this time but a grey windowsy box with an error code it i neglected to write down due to bout of swearing. i have noticed that the games that crash are ones where i have had to pause them due to the door bell or the phone. one that are unpaused go all the way through. i have also started to use some of the tuning packs like "realism mode" and the like and other maps off the website. i don't play any games online due to an appalling connection speed and all games are played against the AI. whilst the computer is virtually brand new with a i7 4770 cpu @ 3.5 Ghz with 32 Gb of ram and a samsung ssd 840 evo 1Tb c drive. i do have an older (3 year old ) graphics card, a radeon HD 5800 X2 (drivers are from nov 2114) which i kept as i thought it was new enough and the rebuild was costing enough at the time (didn't want to fork out for yet another water block which would only fit one card)

as such i have noticed if you play a game with two allies and three adversaries set to expert and set the limit to 1000 each it struggles so i have to limit my mayhem to 500 each.

this is what i have and what i tend to do with it.

computerheat - i don't know how to verify a game cache through steam and the bug splat window is now gone as i read the previous post and went for it. oops!

will try a few more games today and this time write down any error codes that occur.
24 Jun 2015, 00:57 AM

It's probably your GFX card judging from your specs..like 100% sure.

At least, I would replace that ASAP and try again.
25 Jun 2015, 15:09 PM

It's probably your GFX card judging from your specs..like 100% sure.

At least, I would replace that ASAP and try again.

its one of those crossfire sli types so i may move it down a slot and get something newer. its not the limit in numbers i mind so much but the crashes. played one game yesterday and it was fine but i didn't have to pause the game.
26 Jun 2015, 18:05 PM

Ya, this game is notorious for crashing when using older GfX cards, getting something like even an hd6k series would make your rig stable.
27 Jun 2015, 15:01 PM

played 3 games and it was fine. didn't pause it for any of them. i have the screen saver on windows switched off but it still needs mouse movement to start up after pausing and it is only after waking it up that it crashes a game. is there some other settings like power saving on win 8 that might annoy the game?
30 Jun 2015, 15:14 PM

played 7 games now with no crashing and no pausing of the game. it must be a windows thing.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 36

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight