Login

russian armor

3v3 Soviet built THREE Snipers

15 Jun 2015, 01:37 AM

Not really sure what to do about this. I couldn't get my sniper to CS since he had 3 2 man crews. On the one occasion I did kill his sniper he just replaced it with another. So he had 3 soviet snipers attack-moving the battlefield. Could never get close because he lazily hotkeyed his snipers out of range from my grens rifle nades and never kept them close enough anyways. Sniper never got an incendiary round off. Then he T34/85 spammed and overran my OKW partners base even though I had 2 Pgren schreck squads and 3 StuG III. Not really feeling outplayed on this one, he's clearly not a fan of "combined arms" since all he does is spam snipers and t34/85's. I had more damage than both my teammates put together and the most kills, but they were random people I got teamed up with so that's not saying much.

Probably just some Red Alert III n00b who spends the whole round spamming mammoth tanks to "win" his games and then just used the same idea for COH2 on the Soviet faction.

What I would like to see: New Patch, just like we can only have 1 Artillery field officer on the field at any one time, Soviets/Ostheer can only have 1 sniper on the field at any one time.
15 Jun 2015, 01:54 AM

When i play 3v3/4v4 randoms, i usually go for 3 ost snipers and destroy everything with them.

You were outplayed, soviet snipers are terrible in current state.
15 Jun 2015, 02:36 AM

There is only one Allied strategy that I lose to about 100% of the time for the past year or 2 and thats soviet sniper spam.

I don't really feel outplayed when he uses the one strategy that I really haven't found a direct hard counter for. I dunno, CAS and spam stuka strafe? Got me. I use to hear G43's were good at hard countering snipers, but apparently Relic changed that in a patch so they no longer did the long range damage required to kill snipers, not to mention my 3gren squads were equipped with G43's.

I think it might be better counters in perhaps a 1v1, but in a 3v3, factor in your teammate who's spamming mg's at guns and SU85's, makes it hard if not impossible without losing units, for infantry or tanks to get to killing range for his snipers.
15 Jun 2015, 02:55 AM

Spam grens like no tomorrow with cas fuel transfer to upgrade them all with lmg and just blob him to death. Soviet snipers cant fight a-moving gren blobs since they lost spring in last patch.

Aggressively cap territory and build hmg bunker. Only way to deal with it with soviet t1 is m3 guards, or guards flank, which should die to your supporting infantry. Then spam cashes for fast ostwind to punish his call-ins and possibly whipe whole army on retreat.

Counter sniper spam, but it requires outplaying him.

Fast t2 double ac.

In team games team play is a key. If your teammates suck and just sit there doing nothing, well, then you is pretty limited in options. Finding good teammates to play with is only solution to that.

15 Jun 2015, 03:13 AM

It depends whether you're talking about random or At team, since if he uses his snipers well supported and planed like at team it's a harder situation, but soviet snipers in general are not really big issue, they die to a lmg burst or u can hunt them down with quick luchs (falls is also great vs sniper but I just don't find snipers an issue just to go falls to counter snipers), The key is to prevent mp bleed, cause that's why sniper is for, stay behind blockers and prevent giving him line of sight as much as possible and force him retreat, don't execute neck breaking flanks cause u may lose squad just to force him retreat. If any of ur inf is going to get sniped, u want it to be ur cheap volks not ur more expensive squads such as sturmpio, obers, falls because that's what he wants. If u play OKW early game use ur kubel in front to spot/screen sniper and use ur infantry behind to support it (when he has sniper he doesn't have ZiS early).
They you can a few options. I usually get a fast flak ht against soviet t1 and it's very effective. Just use it defensively and screen the cons trying to AT nade it. Another option if you really are used to go med first and are not good in microing flak ht well is to get a luchs fast, use luchs aggressive first but soon he will have the counter for it, so use keep kiting with it and the luchs will be quite a headache for him. guards will be an issue for both these cases, so if u faced them just keep ur distant.
My fav is to get a fast flak ht then t4 and use my teammates' medic. This is more effective cause depends on the game flow you will have a better idea of the best medic placement later in the game, plus you medic won't be the constant target for katushas, indirect fires early.
15 Jun 2015, 03:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2015, 03:13 AMAladdin
It depends whether you're talking about random or At team, since if he uses his snipers well supported and planed like at team it's a harder situation, but soviet snipers in general are not really big issue, they die to a lmg burst or u can hunt them down with quick luchs (falls is also great vs sniper but I just don't find snipers an issue just to go falls to counter snipers), The key is to prevent mp bleed, cause that's why sniper is for. If u play OKW early game use ur kubel in front to spot/screen sniper and use ur infantry behind to support it (when he has sniper he doesn't have ZiS early).
They you can a few options. I usually get a 5:30 mins flak ht against soviet t1 and it's very effective. Just use it defensively and screen the cons trying to AT nade it. Another option if you really are used to go med first and are not good in microing flak ht well is to get a luchs fast, use luchs aggressive first but soon he will have the counter for it, so use keep kiting with it and the luchs will be quite a headache for him. guards will be an issue for both these cases, so if u faced them just keep ur distant.
My fav is to get a fast flak ht then t4 and use my teammates' medic. This is more effective cause depends on the game flow you will have a better idea of the best medic placement later in the game, plus you medic won't be the constant target for katushas, indirect fires early.

Ok that makes sense, yea it was a team of randoms I was on vs an arranged team so that could be a lot of the problem right there. Not that it really matter but one of our guys dropped halfway into the round so I was working with the AI on my left flank. Yea when I'm on my AT 3v3 or 4v4 team we don't have issues with this strategy.
15 Jun 2015, 07:28 AM

When I play 3 vs 3 or more I build whatever I what Like piospam and so on. So Fun!
15 Jun 2015, 07:33 AM

Try ambush camo. Worked for me and was funny to use.
4 Jul 2015, 20:52 PM

hey,in 3v3 or 4v4 games snipers are nothing (u will find it) u can make fast tank and blob grenader..... , but in 1v1 and 2v2 u can make more grenaders to cap map then when they are in number u can go for flank (no fear) or u can make sniper (choose elite doc) when ur sniper get vet ,use its abilty 1 shot 2 kill(cant replace with another),GL
4 Jul 2015, 22:03 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2015, 02:55 AMJadame!
Spam grens like no tomorrow with cas fuel transfer to upgrade them all with lmg and just blob him to death. Soviet snipers cant fight a-moving gren blobs since they lost spring in last patch.

Aggressively cap territory and build hmg bunker. Only way to deal with it with soviet t1 is m3 guards, or guards flank, which should die to your supporting infantry. Then spam cashes for fast ostwind to punish his call-ins and possibly whipe whole army on retreat.

Counter sniper spam, but it requires outplaying him.

Fast t2 double ac.

In team games team play is a key. If your teammates suck and just sit there doing nothing, well, then you is pretty limited in options. Finding good teammates to play with is only solution to that.

this
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS