Login

russian armor

Double Flamer M5

14 Jun 2015, 10:30 AM

Why this unit is not meta? People havent used it against me for a long time. I am not a pro but i can reveal this pro strategy :snfPeter:

4 conspricts
(upgrade your engineers with flamer when you have the munitions)
Medics
Engineers
T2 (for ZiS if you need it later)
T3 (build with two engineers for super fast buildspeed)
M5
Guards
T34 etc...

Win the game Kappa
14 Jun 2015, 12:19 PM

Permanently Banned
oh ye cool, but wait, 50 + 120 + 25 + 25 maybe and pio with 120 ammo. Its work if opponent dont build pacs or tanks Kappa
14 Jun 2015, 12:25 PM

its easier to just upgrade it with AA gun
14 Jun 2015, 13:17 PM

Early AA M5 is Rekerino, use Flamerpios with it until u get AA, or just use AA. U can refreash ur Units on the field too. I requires micro to keep alive though
14 Jun 2015, 13:22 PM

Its much too expensive and indurable for these manouvers. But I like it really a lot lately for some non-meta fun to get a pair of Zis to vet 3 :)
14 Jun 2015, 14:10 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

The good ol' off-brand KV-8. Barton wrote a whole strat guide around this and Advanced Warfare doc. Definitely legit against OKW T1 as you can get an M5 in <10 minutes.
14 Jun 2015, 14:11 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Oh sweet Jesus I use the assault guards with a flamer with Lend lease, so you don't have to pay nearly as much fuel.
it's so OP against no tech ostheer because it can actually take a bunch of hits from the STUG e/ panzer fausts, it's immune to small arms and then obviously be repaired on the spot like a USF vehicle.

Would never do this teching to t3 naturally though unless YOLO or opponent disrespect.. Way to expensive for a flamer half track, t70 is way better At that role.
14 Jun 2015, 18:38 PM
Patrion 14

better than KV-8. only problem is flamers flaming themselves in the car.
15 Jun 2015, 07:20 AM

Why do you say its too expensive? OK i know combat engineer MP cost is 180.. Not so much. And M5 isnt so expensive too. Flamers cost 120 munitions. But when finally flame truck gets destroyed your engineers have RNG chance to survive, or you have exit the truck before. Then engineers just continue fighting and repairing.
15 Jun 2015, 15:53 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2015, 07:20 AMl4hti
Why do you say its too expensive? OK i know combat engineer MP cost is 180.. Not so much. And M5 isnt so expensive too. Flamers cost 120 munitions. But when finally flame truck gets destroyed your engineers have RNG chance to survive, or you have exit the truck before. Then engineers just continue fighting and repairing.

Tech costs and restrictions.

Lend lease flamer: 710 MP 30 fuel 60 muni(you can pass for second flamer since guards it comes with have high DPS at flamer range,which I've found helps the wipe potential more than another flamer. It also solves the problem of the engineers flaming themselves for the most part
)
Normal m5 flamer: 540 MP 150 fuel 120 muni

T70: 200 mp 70 fuel.

With lend lease,You can just skip t3 altogether if you're winning good enough,and have another Sherman later or even tech T4 instead of teching T3 for a halftrack assault group, unless you want to play the late game with mostly T3476.
which is very doable...but um.

I'm just saying lend lease allows you to get the m5 and still have a lot of fuel and callins in the bank for a strong late game.

Advanced warfare can provide that too, but in 1v1 that 150 fuel you're dropping for it, you'd better do some serious crippling damage, because it may come back to bite you when fighting against ostheer when you have a halftrack, and 3 85s with no mark vs 2 tigers and a pak Faust wall.
aaa
26 Jun 2015, 10:54 AM

Way to expensive for a flamer half track, t70 is way better At that role.

M5 has long range AA gun upgrade with buffed damage and supresiion. Fast rotating firing 360 degree arc and on the move even. Its pretty good vs mass infantry and mgs. The problem is that you cant get it cuz lost early game.
aaa
26 Jun 2015, 11:07 AM

Sherman later

Unfortunately this commander is awful. There are only 2 viable tank hunter and guard motor. Enything else is a setback more or less. Sherman commander is one of the worst. Sherman itself is good
26 Jun 2015, 12:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2015, 11:07 AMaaa

Unfortunately this commander is awful. There are only 2 viable tank hunter and guard motor. Enything else is a setback more or less. Sherman commander is one of the worst. Sherman itself is good

I think that LL is one of the best commanders. The only downside is that he does not have an off map Arty. The munitions to fuel is redundant imo, if they could change it with incendiary arty it would be one of the top tree SU commanders :banana:
26 Jun 2015, 13:22 PM

I think that LL is one of the best commanders. The only downside is that he does not have an off map Arty. The munitions to fuel is redundant imo, if they could change it with incendiary arty it would be one of the top tree SU commanders :banana:

Compensate lack of off-map arty by transfering muni to fuel and teching T4 to build Katy.
26 Jun 2015, 15:30 PM

Compensate lack of off-map arty by transfering muni to fuel and teching T4 to build Katy.

Very good idea!
27 Jun 2015, 12:21 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2015, 10:54 AMaaa

M5 has long range AA gun upgrade with buffed damage and supresiion. Fast rotating firing 360 degree arc and on the move even. Its pretty good vs mass infantry and mgs. The problem is that you cant get it cuz lost early game.

Well I said that last patch :snfPeter: , this patch its way better obviously.

And I disagree with lend lease being "one of the worst" are you mad?

Its probably better than if not as good as guard motor now with the new dushka AND M5 buff alongside fuel spam.
aaa
27 Jun 2015, 13:49 PM

Well I said that last patch :snfPeter: , this patch its way better obviously.

And I disagree with lend lease being "one of the worst" are you mad?

Its probably better than if not as good as guard motor now with the new dushka AND M5 buff alongside fuel spam.

For me M5 without gun upgrade is useless. DSK dont know what they buffed yet.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★