russian armor

Einhoven Country: too vast for 1vs1 ?

13 Jun 2015, 16:36 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

(Thread title fixed)
13 Jun 2015, 16:46 PM
Benefactor 392

If all the games ran on smaller maps I think it'd be called company of indirect fire, since mortars would be able to shoot half way across the map safely inside the base.

Anyway about the map, I find it absolutely beautiful, and fairly even as i play it.
13 Jun 2015, 18:43 PM

Please remove it guys. Retreat once and you lose the whole map.

made by Spanky , what do you expect?

Spanky #nubcake :snfBarton:
14 Jun 2015, 00:15 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

I always run with the tail between my legs when i get pushed back, that's why i lose games. :( :D
29 Jun 2015, 20:40 PM
Patrion 14

from 2v2 perspective:

played this map many times now and last game, i just got my ass kicked by GIAA and Ginungagagpap(?). they would've beaten us in any other maps, too for sure, but being forced into games, especially in the last game, where i had to keep harassing, counter harrassing, being forced back in front of our base etc, i can't believe i am the only one who thinks this map is too small for 2v2.

not only that, pathing/design is absolute hell in front of bases, especially in front of the southern base: the forest, narrow castle complex and hedgerows and fat stone buildings crowding middle etc etc.

it feels like all the assets in moscow outskirt is crammed into a map sized for 1v1 for aesthetics.

i am open to arguments.
29 Jun 2015, 20:57 PM

What the F goes on with this map? Don't tell me that it is on some random rotation with the rest of the 1v1 automatch maps because it isn't. I get stuck playing this map about a 3rd of the time. I am sick of it. It sucks for any number of reasons.

1) It is too big for 1v1.

2) Wire doesn't add anything to the game but the annoyance of having to micro over it. It is all over this map.

3) There are issues with this map /the AI where you tell units to do X and they do Y. For example, capture the middle VP.

4) There are much better maps out there than this map such as Angoville and Langres and yet some how I get this map over and over again.

30 Jun 2015, 00:11 AM
Patrion 14

What the F goes on with this map? Don't tell me that it is on some random rotation with the rest of the 1v1 automatch maps because it isn't. I get stuck playing this map about a 3rd of the time. I am sick of it. It sucks for any number of reasons.

1) It is too big for 1v1.

2) Wire doesn't add anything to the game but the annoyance of having to micro over it. It is all over this map.

3) There are issues with this map /the AI where you tell units to do X and they do Y. For example, capture the middle VP.

4) There are much better maps out there than this map such as Angoville and Langres and yet some how I get this map over and over again.

Much respect such wow
30 Jun 2015, 00:30 AM

this map is like Cross, it's a 2 vs 2 map ...

In 1 vs 1 you can have a superior army but you need to run after your opponnent or camp in his cuttoff coz it's impossible to hold on the map, your army can't be everywhere.

+ The guy in the north of Einthoven win without Hands.
30 Jun 2015, 10:45 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Oh well, i've accepted that i can't please everyone, but...

But once again, give feedback! Is it that hard to post some pictures of your ideas of some area you would like to see changed? In gamereplays, the feedback was constructive and fair, on this site people just bitch and moan..

If any of you actually want to say something, then say that you want to help. Don't be a dick!

30 Jun 2015, 11:57 AM

I'll re-iterate then, remove or open up the castle around the fuel, it's too constricted as it is, and whilst it has a few flanking routes I find it's easy to defend unlike the other fuel with the hedges around it. Keep the castle to some degree, but the series of chokepoints that an army has to pass through can make assaulting it very hard. Otherwise I like it.
30 Jun 2015, 12:52 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Yea i have the same idea, thank you! :) I wrote to Cynthia that i would like to update the map, maybe there's a chance.
30 Jun 2015, 18:41 PM
Patrion 14

what is the core area of this map? i can't seem to find the map files using sga extractors.
30 Jun 2015, 18:46 PM

Einhoven is a kinda-decent(on a good day) 1v1 map, better than stalingrad or la glaize, but not as good as some other maps. It's sorta similar to Semois summer in the fact that it is more favorable to flank/take adv of shot blockers.

But I feel it is more in-tune with 2v2, than 1v1. Though I also believe it is more 1v1 favored for the allies, especially USF if you get everything right. It is a weak map when playing Ostheer in 1v1 I noticed because of all the shotblockers/flanking roots making pak usage almost impossible in most parts of the map. So I find Ostheer are weakest on it in 1v1, OKW has more of an edge though I find, than Ostheer but aren't as powerful as USF/Sov, though still good on the map if you play your cards right.

Personally I feel it should stay in 2v2, and I have mixed feelings on it being in 1v1, it's fine for OKW(stretching it) and very good for USF/Sov, but as Ostheer it's more of a challenge unless you go straight to t3 and pull it off.

Is it too vast? Na, Crossing is about the same size, just more open.
1 Jul 2015, 08:53 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Thank you Von, that's how one should write.

It was very open, it felt too open, so i gave it those hedges. Mistake?
1 Jul 2015, 14:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jul 2015, 08:53 AMSpanky
Thank you Von, that's how one should write.

It was very open, it felt too open, so i gave it those hedges. Mistake?

OK so let me repeat.

1) Wire (fences) and microing because it is all over the map is annoying, and it adds little.

2) It is too big for 1v1, and it isn't that fun to play. It is too baroque. There's too much going on this map - castles, forest, etc... It reminds me of a French whore house.

3) Most importantly - it is highly annoying that you tell your guys to take middle vic and they sit around with their thumbs up their asses. That is probably AI more than anything, but make the map work around it.

4) Has no one seen that this map comes up over and over and over again in 1v1 automatch play? Seriously, there is no way this is random.

1 Jul 2015, 15:59 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Jelly, best advice mate, UNTICK the map.
1 Jul 2015, 17:03 PM
Patrion 14

it is the same size as langraskya and smaller than kharkov and minsk pocket. yet it is also a 2v2 map. if the map was more open, i would understand how it would feel even smaller than it is now.

what little open space existing on the left side of the middle is plagued by chicken wires and hedgerows.
3 Jul 2015, 21:03 PM

I was just wondering if the map was changed as of some recent patch; I noticed its now named Eindhoven Country with the D. Any idea if its just the title fixed or if its a newer version?
3 Jul 2015, 22:26 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

I was just wondering if the map was changed as of some recent patch; I noticed its now named Eindhoven Country with the D. Any idea if its just the title fixed or if its a newer version?

Really? Well that is a great news... What about asking me if i would like to update the map then aswell ? im giving up.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★