Login

russian armor

Buff kv8 damage.

11 Jun 2015, 17:57 PM

So, yeah. This thread again. I can understand why relic nerf kv8 armor but damage? It is so low, like he is firing with water not fire. It's good only in burning OKW trucks but in other things it's sucks. It may have damaged engine always with one faust, it have bad armor so buff damage. So yeah, discuss, in my opinion it's only good for burning trucks. Bring old damage to it.
11 Jun 2015, 18:11 PM

It's fine, for flamer/shitty canon heavy tank and damage isn't important for flamer vs inf, more important is rate of fire and crit chance.
11 Jun 2015, 18:14 PM

Permanently Banned
I think we gave not many ways, 1) buff damage, 2) buff armor, becouse when faust hit him its its pretty strange or buff two this things. But i dont whant to see old time where he was very good.
11 Jun 2015, 18:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2015, 18:11 PMnewvan
It's fine, for flamer/shitty canon heavy tank and damage isn't important for flamer vs inf, more important is rate of fire and crit chance.
You need to ride for the retreating vet gren squad to base, to burn them. Even stug e is better than kv8 with his wipes and cost. So low the cost then.
11 Jun 2015, 18:22 PM

Permanently Banned
I dunno man. kv8 seems fine
11 Jun 2015, 18:48 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It's "good" if you go IS2 no tech, if not is kinda meh. Although i'll rather see it adjust a bit, i think people haven't recovered from the stygma of the old KV8.

Just like many other units, i'll like seeing the Xp threshold for vet reduce.
11 Jun 2015, 18:58 PM
Patrion 39

It's "good" if you go IS2 no tech, if not is kinda meh. Although i'll rather see it adjust a bit, i think people haven't recovered from the stygma of the old KV8.

Just like many other units, i'll like seeing the Xp threshold for vet reduce.

I'll agree with this. Veterancy XP based solely on cost is a bad idea. It should be based more on a reasonable amount of damage a unit can inflict in its intended role.

Right now, KV8 stats are fine. As stated above, flame weapons rely heavily on crit chance to kill infantry. If I remember correctly, the KV8 had its damage nerfed in the first place because it was able to kill OKW trucks too quickly and easily.

If they removed flame crits to make flame weapons more reliable and less RNG dependent, I would agree that it would need a damage buff to perform better vs. infantry, but then it could prove to be too lethal against buildings once again. Might be hard to balance without damage tables.
11 Jun 2015, 19:08 PM

M3 seems more economic, this unit is kinda garbage. A buff in range and burst duration would be the best thing that could happen. Damage is fine.
11 Jun 2015, 19:25 PM

KV-8 is hardcountered by units its supposed to hardcounter.
Low armor guarantees ATGs owning it in no time.
Shreck volks tear it apart in seconds.

KV-8 isn't weak, but its extremely squishy for an AI exclusive tank.
11 Jun 2015, 19:40 PM

I dunno man. kv8 seems fine

This, but could/should get a costdecrease as its situational.
11 Jun 2015, 20:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2015, 19:25 PMKatitof
Low armor guarantees ATGs owning it in no time.
Shreck volks tear it apart in seconds.

KV-8 isn't weak, but its extremely squishy for an AI exclusive tank.

AT Guns counter Tank, I don't see any issue with that. Volkschrecks have been an issue since Alpha when Schrecks were taken off Sturmpioneers. And the KV-8 isn't weak, it's only marginally less durable than the Sturmpanzer but it's attack isn't limited to the front. If the certain changes in the alpha go through next patch, this entire discussion may not be valid.
11 Jun 2015, 21:24 PM

Permanently Banned
Its not that attractive to buy. But its firepower in no way needs buffing. It does good damage to infantry and okw trucks. Perhaps slight armor buff or slight cost reduction.
12 Jun 2015, 01:55 AM

Let's buff the KV8 so soviet call ins look even better than they already are.
Let's buff a doctrine, that is already meta.

:faint:
12 Jun 2015, 02:10 AM

Let's buff the KV8 so soviet call ins look even better than they already are.
Let's buff a doctrine, that is already meta.

:faint:

Seems fair to me :) Shock Rifle frontline tactics arent that great after all :D

It already bounces pak shots alot. If the enemy has no armor on the field hes gonna have alot of units wiped on retreat. I think its a great choice verse CAS because its fast enough to dodge the AT strafe and will likely have no enemy armor it needs to deal with. Wipe his pak guns with everything else the commander has to offer and its GG.
12 Jun 2015, 03:20 AM

Permanently Banned

Seems fair to me :) Shock Rifle frontline tactics arent that great after all :D

It already bounces pak shots alot. If the enemy has no armor on the field hes gonna have alot of units wiped on retreat. I think its a great choice verse CAS because its fast enough to dodge the AT strafe and will likely have no enemy armor it needs to deal with. Wipe his pak guns with everything else the commander has to offer and its GG.

The thing is, if you are going shock rifle. Why not just go is2 at 2 cps later? Getting a kv8 will push back your is2 or remove your reserve fuel you've been floating all game which will prevent you from getting a second is2 5 minutes after your first. The quicker your is2 the better, same rule applies to the second.
12 Jun 2015, 03:24 AM

The thing is, if you are going shock rifle. Why not just go is2 at 2 cps later? Getting a kv8 will push back your is2 or remove your reserve fuel you've been floating all game which will prevent you from getting a second is2 5 minutes after your first. The quicker your is2 the better, same rule applies to the second.

I mentioned the enemy went CAS right? IS2 and KV8 are fairly similar in terms of AI capabilites. The IS2 is just harder to kill. Most will pick the safe choice with the IS2 like you said.
12 Jun 2015, 05:23 AM

You need to ride for the retreating vet gren squad to base, to burn them. Even stug e is better than kv8 with his wipes and cost. So low the cost then.

It's really RNG flame crit dependant, it alwayes different. And it's more like Stug E over performing for it's cost, than KV-8 under performing. However buffing KV-8 armor to KV-1 level could be option, it's not some crazy buff for "havy" close combat tank, only +30/+20, but with look at mp cost, cause it's cheaper than KV-1 for 30mp, fuel price is ok.

And maybe... hypothetically... wink-wink, it will be overhaul of all flame based weapons one day.
12 Jun 2015, 05:50 AM
Patrion 27

I have played with KV8 in big games quite a bit recently and while its cost feels appropriate I think it needs a little bit more survivability and/or a little bit more damage. Nothing crazy.

I would also like to see an acceleration increase at vet 1 instead of being able to cap territory.

12 Jun 2015, 06:02 AM

I do hope that the KV-8 never makes a comeback. We don't need that squad erasing nightmare to ever return.
12 Jun 2015, 06:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2015, 19:25 PMKatitof

FHT says hi.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS