Login

russian armor

Command Tanks?

7 Jun 2015, 11:21 AM

What's the Meta's current view on Command Tanks? I'm just wondering, as I'm considering the short-75er to help deal with shock troops while the foe rushes IS2s.
7 Jun 2015, 11:51 AM

Hull that baby down for some more MVGame effects.
7 Jun 2015, 14:38 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

What's the Meta's current view on Command Tanks? I'm just wondering, as I'm considering the short-75er to help deal with shock troops while the foe rushes IS2s.

Fortified armor command tank is what you're looking for.. Use command tank to own shocks and cons instead of teching T3 and then go elefant and #rek IS2 spam.

You can also hull it and the elefant down for extra pwn sauce.

Once you've gained an advantage tech T3 or t4 and win the game.

Too bad it doesn't work against guard motor which is all the rage right now.
7 Jun 2015, 14:39 PM

I think it's a good idea to counter dangerous infantry units and light vehicles with the command tank.But you have to consider that buying the command tank means that it will be a while until you can buy anithing that can counter the IS-2.Also the commanders in which it comes are not that great.If you buy it you will not be able to risk it.It is a big investment.
7 Jun 2015, 15:03 PM
Donator 11

Fortified armor command tank is what you're looking for.. Use command tank to own shocks and cons instead of teching T3 and then go elefant and #rek IS2 spam.

You can also hull it and the elefant down for extra pwn sauce.

Once you've gained an advantage tech T3 or t4 and win the game.

Too bad it doesn't work against guard motor which is all the rage right now.

Against guard motor you can always go with festung armour instead of fortified armour. You will still have hull down, smoke and command panzer while pak43 supported with one t3 pz4 or pak40 counters guard motor as it has no arty. It also comes before callins and costs no fuel. It also counters IS2 if you pay enough attention to recrew the gun every time incendiary arty is being dropped. I had lots of success with this commander .
7 Jun 2015, 15:57 PM

there is also doctrine with scope .. command tank with scope and paks :)
8 Jun 2015, 06:27 AM

actually one of the best command tank doctrines is blitzkrieg. every ability in the doctrine is useful. regular p4s with the command p4s buff have 800 hp, the same as 85s. in conjunction with paks, you can effectively deal with 85 call ins. stuka close air support and tactical smoke further imrpove your anti-armor abilities.
10 Jun 2015, 22:14 PM
Honorary Member Badge

actually one of the best command tank doctrines is blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg is probably the best Ost Common Doctrine for precisely that reason.

Command Tank + Smoke = Your armour is a lot harder to kill

11 Jun 2015, 12:47 PM

Interesting ideas, Ive often wanted to use the command tank more, but often feel if you already went T3, you might as well just get another P4 for better AT. But I probably should be looking to my paks for AT anyway.

Spotting scopes are soo good for using paks. Ive been using Ostwinds with scopes backed by paks for AT, then throw in a P4. Can be pretty nice, it OWNS all their inf hard, and can snipe jacksons, and T34/85s before they know whats going on. Best counter to this becomes ATG play, then you have to try use your inf and flanks from Ostwinds. Double Ostwind also has funny effect of owning P47s.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 10
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment