Login

russian armor

Company of Heroes 2 Voices

PAGES (8)down
21 Nov 2015, 20:40 PM

I love the Brit announcer, I think he's my favourite one. They're all great but the Brit one just takes the biscuit.
22 Nov 2015, 04:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Nov 2015, 20:40 PMSwift
I love the Brit announcer, I think he's my favourite one. They're all great but the Brit one just takes the biscuit.

So he's the one who's been stealing biscuits from those poor Conscripts! :D
22 Nov 2015, 05:21 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

So he's the one who's been stealing biscuits from those poor Conscripts! :D

Stealing isn't the Soviet way, but it is the Capitalist way! Suck it pinkos!
22 Nov 2015, 06:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2015, 20:22 PMJ1N6666

This is actually one of the main reasons why I don't play ostheer.

I have tried in every way to make a strategy that didnt involve Indian grendiers but at last, to no avail. It is simply unavoidable because Indian grens are the basic infantry of the faction.

The voices for so game breaking for me that the entire faction is dead to me.

Comparing it with vCOH wher, i really miss the volksgreniders sergeants joking about how incompetent his squad was. The vCOH volks voice acting made them my favorite unit by far.

So many +1!!!

Gern voices are just awful, I stopped playing Ost for the same reason. Just so annoying. The Commander's voice is terrible too.
22 Nov 2015, 06:58 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

The Commander's voice is terrible too.

I can't see how you find German-born Wolf Kahler who was pretty much typecast as a Nazi in his acting career unsuitable.
22 Nov 2015, 07:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2015, 06:58 AMVuther

I can't see how you find German-born Wolf Kahler who was pretty much typecast as a Nazi in his acting career unsuitable.

He probably means the OKW commander who sounds like a stereotypical bad guy from cartoons. They should have used vCoH's actor for OKW, or someone else. Ostheer one is fantastic, I wish he had more lines.
22 Nov 2015, 07:52 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2015, 07:33 AMRMMLz

He probably means the OKW commander who sounds like a stereotypical bad guy from cartoons. They should have used vCoH's actor for OKW, or someone else. Ostheer one is fantastic, I wish he had more lines.

Well, Bulgakov said "The Commander" while just mentioning Ost, so if you're right then he must have forgot to write OKW between the words.
22 Nov 2015, 07:55 AM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2015, 07:33 AMRMMLz

They should have used vCoH's actor for OKW, or someone else.

Thing is Relic has been going to the UK for their voice-acting since the beginning of CoH 2, or I think they have rather than using Canadian and US VA/Studios this time around. Of course I do agree the OKW should have been changed. Be interesting if it was a younger guy rather than the typical old German officer to show Germany is down on everything at this point.
23 Nov 2015, 09:56 AM

Steve Blum as USA faction announcer was the best in CoH1. Wish they brought him back.
23 Nov 2015, 12:22 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Nov 2015, 06:58 AMVuther

If you compare Wolf Kahler's voices to Kai Wulff's (German American - COH1), I prefer the latter. I accept this is highly subjective.
23 Nov 2015, 13:05 PM

So when will my Pershing got its unique voice? Currently COH2 vehicle voice seems to draw from the same source but only varies some line, like KV-8 and IS-2 they are almost the same but only differs in some line with their unit name. Compare to vCOH, COH2 seems too generic to me.
24 Nov 2015, 03:24 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

If you compare Wolf Kahler's voices to Kai Wulff's (German American - COH1), I prefer the latter. I accept this is highly subjective.

I too accept this being very subjective, I greatly enjoyed Kai Wulff's lines in CoH1 as well and was very tickled to hear him again in Tripwire Interactive's Red Orchestra and Killing Floor sequels. What I have a hard time accepting is regarding Wolf Kahler's lines as bad - correspondingly, I can't really choose which of the two I prefer myself.
24 Nov 2015, 04:33 AM
Developer Relic Badge

So when will my Pershing got its unique voice? Currently COH2 vehicle voice seems to draw from the same source but only varies some line, like KV-8 and IS-2 they are almost the same but only differs in some line with their unit name. Compare to vCOH, COH2 seems too generic to me.

Whenever Relic hires me to voice the Pershing :P

But the CoH 1 vehicle voices were almost the same as well, look at US Armour

Sherman, Sherman Croc, M10, Calliope, Pershing are all done by one guy.

It was ridiculous as Wehrmacht in the English version where one guy voiced: MG team, Mortar Team, Motorcycle, Nebelwerfer, Puma, Half-Track and Ostwind.

Also speaking of Ostheer announcer, here he is:

24 Nov 2015, 07:41 AM

It was ridiculous as Wehrmacht in the English version where one guy voiced: MG team, Mortar Team, Motorcycle, Nebelwerfer, Puma, Half-Track and Ostwind.

yeah vCOH US amour voice is not the high point of VA, but PE voice is much more interesting. Hotchkiss on alert!
5 Dec 2015, 02:13 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Awwwwww yiiiiiisssss

Mutha

Fuggin

Wolf Kähler
5 Dec 2015, 06:17 AM

Weird, he doesn't sound quite like that in my game. Maybe because of the natural radio filter the announcers have.

My favorite is the wonderfully sarcastic Brit announcer. ''The gun's not crewed... not anymore''. I also like how callous the Soviet announcer is, Russian humor at its finest.

Only voices I find bad in the game are OKW's. Apart from Volks, they all sound like stereotypical bad guys. The announcer in particular tries way too hard.
5 Dec 2015, 06:35 AM
Patrion 14

COH is a game emulating a war movie; just look at COH 1 US campaign and how similar it is to some band of brother scenes. Hence why OKW sound like the typical bad guys you gotta defeat to save Europe and spread freedom jist.
5 Dec 2015, 07:12 AM
Senior Editor Badge

COH is a game emulating a war movie; just look at COH 1 US campaign and how similar it is to some band of brother scenes. Hence why OKW sound like the typical bad guys you gotta defeat to save Europe and spread freedom jist.

This doesn't seem like logic that one could apply. OKW does not have anything to do with coh1 campaign.
5 Dec 2015, 08:04 AM
Patrion 14

This doesn't seem like logic that one could apply. OKW does not have anything to do with coh1 campaign.

Nah, it's fundamentally how the game is designed. Hence why COH 2 isn't realistic but focused on squads, soldiers, individual models, few armored vehicles; and not a whole division of 10,000 men attacking together in a map. Very war movie-esque style of gameplay compared to MoW which is more of a ww2 sandbox game where you can use all sorts of cool stuff like super pershings and so on.

COH campaign might not have anything to do with COH 2's development. But the resemblance of some scenes in COH 1 campaign to BoB is just uncanny and I think done on purpose. Similarly, COH 2 soviet campaign reminds me of enemy at the gates at first; and then switches too winter fall/downfall after 1943 in the SP missions.

Also explains a lot of over the top voice acting that you don't find in other games(people shouting all the time when in combat and such).
5 Dec 2015, 08:10 AM

taht and we need a native language option too now more then ever b4 relic forgets about it
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 45
unknown 15
unknown 11
Germany 29

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L