Login

russian armor

Proper Unit Spacing

2 Jun 2015, 22:54 PM

I'd just like to get some input on how people space their individual squads/team weapons out. I know this is something I struggle with and i feel like I end up putting too many units in roughly the same area where they are easy targets for nades and such.
3 Jun 2015, 00:22 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Control groups, and/or limiting them to 2-3 squads per group,and then using TAB(no pun intended, :foreveralone: ) key to cycleselect through units to spread them out.
3 Jun 2015, 01:52 AM

Control groups, and/or limiting them to 2-3 squads per group,and then using TAB(no pun intended, :foreveralone: ) key to cycleselect through units to spread them out.

I never thought of using tab :megusta:
Thank you!
3 Jun 2015, 16:17 PM

If you have multiple units selected, and right click and a hold and drag in a direction, they will move to that point, spreading out to form a line 3 units wide, facing in the direction you indicated. If there are more than 3 units, the remainder will form into a second line of 3, etc.
3 Jun 2015, 17:25 PM
Benefactor 115

tab, right click, tab, right click
also useful if for some reason you want to get two squads in the very same spot
5 Jun 2015, 09:02 AM

I've stopped control grouping my infantry and only using control groups for units I want to micro alot or I consider important (vehicles, snipers mainly)

I find doing that helps me think of my infantry separately and since COH doesn't require insane starcraft esq apm I don't lose any real control. It also helps me keep my head up and watching units over the whole field as oppposed to tunnel visioning on my infantry in one tiny portion of the map.
5 Jun 2015, 17:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jun 2015, 09:02 AMsamich
I've stopped control grouping my infantry and only using control groups for units I want to micro alot or I consider important (vehicles, snipers mainly)

I find doing that helps me think of my infantry separately and since COH doesn't require insane starcraft esq apm I don't lose any real control. It also helps me keep my head up and watching units over the whole field as oppposed to tunnel visioning on my infantry in one tiny portion of the map.

Hmm I usually control group my infantry. I'll try your method, see how it goes!
5 Jun 2015, 18:03 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Troll post #6 has been properly invised by a member of staff. Voyager! You are noted. If you have nothing intelligent to add to a discussion, it is best if you do not post. (This observation does not apply to the other posters in this thread).

Back to topic :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS