Login

russian armor

Windows 10, anyone?

PAGES (7)down
16 Aug 2015, 09:31 AM

Well I'm very happy about it. Extremely more user-friendly than 7. (Yes I had 7).

About the privacy thing - like Somenbjorn says, Facebook - Google - and I don't know what other shit, already took all of our data. So yeah, I do not have a problem with that. Well I kinda do, but that's the challenge of our time I think, to keep our own privacy in a world without privacy.

Will it change something if a few of us don't upgrade? - No.
Windows is a too largely used OS to withhold the change on an individual base. But that's my opinion, if you don't share it, it's ok. If you don't like it, it's ok :).
16 Aug 2015, 12:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2015, 09:02 AMWhoa

Windows 10 will disable your unauthorized software and hardware. :rofl:

Now i know why people love Windows 10, its so good. :hansWUT::hansWUT::hansWUT::hansWUT::hansWUT:

You create an account just for trolling around?
16 Aug 2015, 13:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2015, 12:15 PMPorygon

You create an account just for trolling around?

Is what you just did.

Someone didn't read the latest Windows 10 EULA.

25 Aug 2015, 06:17 AM

@wakeupta.

What MS has finally realized and implemented is that inorder to make a product idiot-proof, you have to take power away from the idiots, and the average user is an idiot. Apple did the same thing years ago.

So many idiots keep whining about "Windows gets so slow after a while" Yeah because idiots keep getting malware because they run software they don't know where it came from. They tried making people stop to think with the UAC, a very simple solution just stop the user for a second and ask them "Do you trust the source of this program?" But ofc people found it annoying and idiots never realized why they were asked in the first place.
How hard is it to take a second and ask yourself: "Do I trust this software i downloaded from hpdrivers.alldriversinteworld.sn?"

But no the average user will go to sites that equates a 50cent prostitute in Sierra Leone and fuck her without a condom. And then go complain they got STDs. The average user has been given the choice but nope they were simply too stupid to be safe on their own, so now Daddy Microsoft has come down on all of us and are imposing forced restrictions.
(All in an effort of course to get away from the notion that MS machines will get slow and sluggish after a while, since they have been loosing sizable chunks of the market to Apple.)

The current new harsher EULA of Windows is brought on by the idiot of the average user and we all have to suffer for it. Frankly I'm happy for it, it will make my life easier if there is something that will stop idiots being idiotic and then asking me to unfuck their actions.
25 Aug 2015, 14:08 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2015, 09:02 AMWhoa

Windows 10 will disable your unauthorized software and hardware. :rofl:

Now i know why people love Windows 10, its so good. :hansWUT::hansWUT::hansWUT::hansWUT::hansWUT:

inb4 linux is unauthorized :luvCarrot:
29 Aug 2015, 19:45 PM

already 90 million people use within first 4 weeks, that is what you get when u add "free" near it lol
31 Aug 2015, 16:16 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

I got it on my laptop and I prefer it much more than Win 8.1. Kinda scarred to upgrade my main gaming PC though. Could someone tap my back and say it's gonna be alright if I upgrade?
31 Aug 2015, 16:33 PM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2015, 16:16 PMluvnest
I got it on my laptop and I prefer it much more than Win 8.1. Kinda scarred to upgrade my main gaming PC though. Could someone tap my back and say it's gonna be alright if I upgrade?

Is just upgraded this weekend - cloned my SSD to a new one and upgraded that because I wanted to wipe it back to basic and have a fresh install of everything. Went basically without a hitch, install was fast and setup was good.

Then spent 3 Hours disabling all the shite I didn't want and editing the hosts file to block it all too.

Win 10 is better than 7, if you don't know what you are doing then ignorance is bliss and if you do then you can get around it all pretty easily.
31 Aug 2015, 16:40 PM
Donator 11

You have to reinstall coh2 and probably your video card driver...
(maybe also few other programms)

But yeah thats it worked quite well
Go for it.. it is worth every effort! :luvCarrot:
31 Aug 2015, 16:49 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

31 Aug 2015, 16:56 PM

10 on my main pc, all i had to do was update my graphics drivers. Zero issues with CoH2.
31 Aug 2015, 17:13 PM

But I don't trust the "upgrade", I prefer a clean install.
1 Sep 2015, 10:35 AM
Patrion 27

My 50ct:
I did an upgrade from 8.1 and had to install nvidia driver manually. The Coh2 benchmark suffered ~10FPS lower. I removed all Nvdia stuff from the box and did a clean install of the Nvidia driver. Afterwards the benchmark achieved frame rates comparable to 8.1 and better. I think all is fine now with 10 :)
2 Sep 2015, 05:49 AM
Patrion 14

keep having memory related blue screens ever since the upgrade on my desktop.

might not be win 10 but still. there was a hotfix nvidia driver related to fixing problems like mine. but it did nothing to fix the blue screens for me.
24 Oct 2015, 15:52 PM

I deliberately delayed my decision on this. Sort of hoping for you guys to step on all the mines for me ;)

W10 has been on for about 3 months now.

Still good?

Still no further problems for COH2? (than the few mentioned in above posts).
24 Oct 2015, 16:13 PM

@wakeupta.

What MS has finally realized and implemented is that inorder to make a product idiot-proof, you have to take power away from the idiots, and the average user is an idiot. Apple did the same thing years ago.

So many idiots keep whining about "Windows gets so slow after a while" Yeah because idiots keep getting malware because they run software they don't know where it came from. They tried making people stop to think with the UAC, a very simple solution just stop the user for a second and ask them "Do you trust the source of this program?" But ofc people found it annoying and idiots never realized why they were asked in the first place.
How hard is it to take a second and ask yourself: "Do I trust this software i downloaded from hpdrivers.alldriversinteworld.sn?"

But no the average user will go to sites that equates a 50cent prostitute in Sierra Leone and fuck her without a condom. And then go complain they got STDs. The average user has been given the choice but nope they were simply too stupid to be safe on their own, so now Daddy Microsoft has come down on all of us and are imposing forced restrictions.
(All in an effort of course to get away from the notion that MS machines will get slow and sluggish after a while, since they have been loosing sizable chunks of the market to Apple.)

The current new harsher EULA of Windows is brought on by the idiot of the average user and we all have to suffer for it. Frankly I'm happy for it, it will make my life easier if there is something that will stop idiots being idiotic and then asking me to unfuck their actions.

It isn't only malware that causes Windows to slow down after a while.

A lot of it is related to the registry, even on completely clean PCs.

The way Windows handles installing software is just completely stupid in 99% of cases.

OS X and Linux distributions don't get the same sort of slow-down with age because they don't have a registry. In my experience they also tend to be more efficient resource wise than Windows and Windows is always trying to run some bullshit in the background.
24 Oct 2015, 16:15 PM

keep having memory related blue screens ever since the upgrade on my desktop.

might not be win 10 but still. there was a hotfix nvidia driver related to fixing problems like mine. but it did nothing to fix the blue screens for me.

Yeah meto I have been getting crashes alot and I know its related to my nvidia card I dont know if it happens to but for me it randomly happens when I start up a program most the time a game e.g I go on steam and click play for CoH2 and BAM I get a crash but other than that and Dawn of War 2 getting a stuttering black screen its good
27 Oct 2015, 02:36 AM
Donator 33

I thought we left slow-downs with win98. Had no idea that was still a thing personally, other than those few years where ppl were running vista on 256mb single core Celerons (duh).
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight