Login

russian armor

Wounded Line of Sight Bug

27 May 2015, 09:36 AM

It has happened twice so far. While playing the Soviets, some of the wounded had a small LOS, not always and I don't know in what circumstances it happened. It happened just once per game. Did anyone ever notice this?
27 May 2015, 09:42 AM
Benefactor 115

they're called crawlers and it's not a bug, you can shoot them dead with a right click
27 May 2015, 09:58 AM

I've always found these crawlers a bit strange thematically.
With squads and everything, instantaneous LoS is fine since they're connecting by radio and whatever.
But with crawlers, they're wounded, they're dying, why do they have the time to call down artillery strikes? inform HQ of all enemy tanks and infantry and keep doing so, often with the enemy right above them...
27 May 2015, 10:03 AM

Even more annoying is the fact that sometimes the line of sight stays even if the model died. It won't disappear until the game has finished.
27 May 2015, 10:56 AM

Yeah I think it might be a Soviet thing, I've noticed this as well in multiple games I'll have vision over an area for way longer than the model is crawling around there. Not that I'm complaining, it's always nice to be able to see cut-offs/capture points/anywhere for extended periods of time, but it's definitely not intended.
27 May 2015, 11:20 AM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2015, 09:42 AMtuvok
they're called crawlers and it's not a bug, you can shoot them dead with a right click

Actually it is a bug, even dead crawlers may provide line of sight for eternity.

on top of that they

• manage to block entrances to buildings by crawling around the house
  • block non-retreating units pathing

Nothing but trouble with these guys..
27 May 2015, 11:23 AM

It's clearly not intended and it's kind of unfair if you ask me. I mean you can just pretend you don't care about the "nice treat" your fallen soldiers left you but you can't just act like you don't see that PAK gun standing there. I would be glad if they fixed this in future patches.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★