Login

russian armor

What do you guys think of the M8A1,Pack howitzer and ISG?

M8A1,ISG,Pack howi balance
Option Distribution Votes
6%
20%
28%
39%
7%
Total votes: 54
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
26 May 2015, 18:02 PM

Permanently Banned
From a historical standpoint all these units make a lot of sense to have in the game and I am happy they are let's make this clear.But to be fair I think from a game balance perspective they cause a giant headache after the last patch especially.The 2 infantry guns have incredible laser guided accuracy and suppress whatever is coming to them.The gun motor carriage doesn't pin anything but it can run away faster than the speed of light and is way less vulnerable to counter arty fire and if the american player uses jacksons correctly any and all sure counters become irrelevant.I think these units should be doctrinal,but in what doctrines I am not really sure.What do you think?
26 May 2015, 18:26 PM

M8A1 is balanced

Pak howi and Leig are too expensive for what they do.
26 May 2015, 19:14 PM

M8A1 is fine.

Pak Howi needs to have the crew bug fixed so reinforcing gets the 50% discount like every other unit in the game. Otherwise it is fine.

LeIG is slightly too expensive for what it does now.
26 May 2015, 20:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2015, 18:26 PMBurts
M8A1 is balanced

Pak howi and Leig are too expensive for what they do.

+1, Summed up!
26 May 2015, 21:30 PM

it one shot squads left n right, gets killed by two shots

i dont like units like this
26 May 2015, 22:42 PM

Permanently Banned
ISG and pak howitzer need slight cost decrease, m8a1 still is wipe happy.
26 May 2015, 23:03 PM

When i see the "performance" of the "leichte infanteriegeschütz" I can´t ignore that mysterious voice saying " Where is my nebelwerfer? WHERE IS IT???"...
That voice just keeps getting louder when I see my opponent shoving his blob towards my troops...

Then my wife reminds me of my pills- oh well :loco:
m00
26 May 2015, 23:39 PM
Donator 11

Anyone have the stats for the LeIG vs Pack howitzer? Out of all the games I've tried to make the pack howitzer work I think the LeIG far out performs it.
27 May 2015, 06:50 AM

Permanently Banned
M8A1 is fine.

Pak Howi needs to have the crew bug fixed so reinforcing gets the 50% discount like every other unit in the game. Otherwise it is fine.

LeIG is slightly too expensive for what it does now.
Yeah that bug is pretty stupid
27 May 2015, 06:52 AM

Permanently Banned
When i see the "performance" of the "leichte infanteriegeschütz" I can´t ignore that mysterious voice saying " Where is my nebelwerfer? WHERE IS IT???"...
That voice just keeps getting louder when I see my opponent shoving his blob towards my troops...

Then my wife reminds me of my pills- oh well :loco:
I'd prefer the nebel too to be fair.Both in playing the OKW and in fighting it.With the nebel you have to dodge once every minute or so,with the LeIG it's a constant battle to not get instapinned and/or wiped every 5 seconds
27 May 2015, 06:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2015, 23:39 PMm00
Anyone have the stats for the LeIG vs Pack howitzer? Out of all the games I've tried to make the pack howitzer work I think the LeIG far out performs it.

Auto attack

ISG:

Penetration:
75.0/75.0/75.0
Scatter angle:
Scatter distance:
AoE radius:
AoE far:
AoE mid:
AoE near:

Pack:

Scatter angle:
Scatter distance:
AoE radius:
AoE far:
AoE mid:
AoE near:

Barrages:

ISG:

Scatter angle:
Scatter distance:
AoE radius:
AoE far:
AoE mid:
AoE near:

Pack:

Scatter angle:
Scatter distance:
AoE radius:
AoE far:
AoE mid:
AoE near:

The AoE on the Pack is a lot larger, meaning when it hit's it hits hard and does a lot of AoE suppression. The LeiG's really tiny AoE allows you to hit right next to squads and do barely any damage or suppression due to the fact both only do 80 damage.
27 May 2015, 07:20 AM

Underpowered. The ISG. In fact, underpowered it's maybe not the right word. To expensive for what it actualy does. That's more apropriate.
27 May 2015, 08:06 AM

ISG needs an AOE buff, + Cost decrease

Pak needs a cost decrease

M8A1 needs to be less accurate when fireing directly.

27 May 2015, 08:27 AM

Maybe I am a bit salty, but everytime I play against a M8A1 I get the feeling that it literally snipes even retreating units. One man left retreating to your base? The M8A1 will get it 80% of the time.

I could also be totally wrong, just my feelings.
27 May 2015, 08:29 AM

Maybe I am a bit salty, but everytime I play against a M8A1 I get the feeling that it literally snipes even retreating units. One man left retreating to your base? The M8A1 will get it 80% of the time.

It's most effective (as is the ISG) when shooting at damaged squads, but due to the Pack's larger AoE it's more likely to kill stuff at higher healths since both guns do exactly 80 damage (the health of every infantry unit in the game).

27 May 2015, 09:18 AM

Youre not wrong....

I lose more squads to the scott than i do 120mm mortars.
27 May 2015, 09:21 AM

It's most effective (as is the ISG) when shooting at damaged squads, but due to the Pack's larger AoE it's more likely to kill stuff at higher healths since both guns do exactly 80 damage (the health of every infantry unit in the game).

Yeah...

Axis most common squad size average - 4
Allied squad size average - 5-6

So lets give allied indirect fire bigger Aoe... + democharges.

Sometimes the theory this game was designed questions belief. Seems more to me they type random numbers in weapon values, throw it at the community and see what happens, intending to fix things with patches.
27 May 2015, 09:40 AM

Actually, you're completely wrong(surprise surprise here).

ISG is most effective at shooting ANY squad size or spread, because it suppresses them. It also have longer range in general, meaning when both shoot target at 60 range, ISG is even more accurate.
Pack howis larger AoE means not much when it rarely hits anything because of much higher scatter values, it might wipe now and then, but its rarity(IS-2 vs Tiger AI anyone?).

Neither of them really wipes anything, but it takes a single model hit from both to win an engagement due to suppression and ISG is much more likely to score a hit, therefore its superior support unit.
27 May 2015, 09:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2015, 09:40 AMKatitof

ISG is most effective at shooting ANY squad size or spread, because it suppresses them. It also have longer range in general, meaning when both shoot target at 60 range, ISG is even more accurate.
Pack howis larger AoE means not much when it rarely hits anything because of much higher scatter values, it might wipe now and then, but its rarity(IS-2 vs Tiger AI anyone?).

Neither of them really wipes anything, but it takes a single model hit from both to win an engagement due to suppression and ISG is much more likely to score a hit, therefore its superior support unit.

Uh, they both do suppression. And the Pack has a larger AoE meaning that it is more likely to clip a squad and do suppression. The low damage compared with the low AoE on the ISG means that doing suppression or damage is literally direct hit or miss.

I would rather have a Pack Howi (which has better vet), than an ISG. But both are most effective counter-intuitively at close range
27 May 2015, 10:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2015, 09:40 AMKatitof

This I can't even....
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS