Login

russian armor

Demo Charges are fun.

29 May 2015, 01:31 AM

People really won't admit Allies are inherently better than Axis...I'm no fanboy and the profile pic is because it's WW2 related but anyway:

I watch the top games live in automatch, OPKW and his teammate UPKW etc.. 2v2 is OWNED by Allies, there is no exception. 5 tanks > 1 "great" tank every game. 6 man squad = fantastic survivability. 5 man squad with semi auto rifles = destroys any squad mid range and WILL outlast them if there are 3-4 of them, even Axis squads with automatics. The key is they go full spam and flank everywhere, then SOV build their 120mm heat seeking tactical nuke and blows away OST mortars or MG's. USF provides the sherman's blowing away any infantry, or jackson's against that pitiful PanzerIV. Hell I've seen KT's go down without blowing up an enemy tank, they don't even see to be that great to me anymore. Paper tigers.

This happens every game. The SOLE fact the Replay highlight has two OST winners is because who the fuck actually think they would have won. The OST guys had 3 straight MG bulletins, both went for a single gas point, and had to build many MG's just to cope with Allied infantry.

They STILL lost 90% of the ground. Try that with OST randoms, not a team and see how it goes.
29 May 2015, 04:59 AM

I love how the narrative of this thread went from

"don't blob versus demo's and you will be fine"

to

"Have you tried blobbing versus demo's?"
29 May 2015, 13:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 May 2015, 21:28 PMPorygon
I never miss lexy "give me 20 dollars" video clip. :)

And actually only Axis Goliath able to blow up blobs like this in COH1, Brit commandos demo was no way that good, US demo need to place on stuff, it was a good trap using on sandbags/wire though.

COH2 demo is definitely too much (or squad spacing being too shitty).

Goliath should really return in COH2.

Oh really :snfPeter: watch this :snfPeter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx8vvnxsc1Y
29 May 2015, 16:04 PM

Demo's and mines are the biggest encouragers of horde tactics because it means it's best way to ensure your army isn't being hit by mines or demo's.

You can always when using hordes send your weakest highest squad count plebs like Volks or Oustruppen or Cons or RE's ahead of you to simply soak up the mines and run away.

This of course is silly, and the problem with Soviets being able to force enemy players to blob by hemming them in with demo's and mines is that Soviets also get the best "horde" counters in the form of the 120, Katyusha, B4, and ML-20.
29 May 2015, 16:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2015, 13:45 PMBurts

Oh really :snfPeter: watch this :snfPeter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx8vvnxsc1Y

Strafe can be deadly than this, so no one give a fuck to COH1 Allies demo.
29 May 2015, 21:26 PM

Permanently Banned
Well I don't think the demos are that big of a problem against blobs, I actually think they are a great way of dealing with blobs. The only problem is, most of the times I face a conscript blob, a riflemen blob, a guards blob or a shock with conscript blob. It so happens that the best anti blob tool is in the hands of the, now, largest blobbers.

If they just reduce the damage it does on single squads, and make some kind of multiplier that kicks off when more squads are in its near vicinity, than we can have a usefull tool. Perhaps it can do more damage against vehicles as well?

But it wipes so many single sqauds, most of the time if a player has multiple demos on the field, it can sometimes even change the game and give him or her the upper hand.
30 May 2015, 14:20 PM

Its the single squapwipes earlygame while that are worst.Lose game for ost with MP problems.

All allied blobbers are scared of axis having demos-known fact.Sovs abuse it,we will see how they enjoy it if rifles had to face those.Goliath i'm looking at you.
30 May 2015, 19:19 PM
Donator 11

you don't see demos in the early game
30 May 2015, 19:22 PM

Oh you see 'em boy before 10 min if the soviets get most of the map which they always get.

Like when Barton killed my squad with demo in 8 min :P

30 May 2015, 21:56 PM

Are you kidding? Soviets have almost 0 early game munition abilities so making demos ASAP is easy.

If your wasting munitions so you don't have demo's as soon as you can get them your doing it wrong. Since you want to blow bridges, house, and enemy squads to turn the game as fast as you can.
30 May 2015, 22:15 PM

Are you kidding? Soviets have almost 0 early game munition abilities so making demos ASAP is easy.

If your wasting munitions so you don't have demo's as soon as you can get them your doing it wrong. Since you want to blow bridges, house, and enemy squads to turn the game as fast as you can.

This shows how bad are soviets designed

Give cons ppshs after t3/t4 (or t3 only, if you know what I mean :snfCHVGame: ) and give commanders with these weapons armored vehicle detection, mark vehicle or anything really. Buffing cons' ppsh at medium distance (to avoid OPness) and increasing the price greatly would be also helpful in reducing muni float

I don't really know what to do with molos, since they are designed to deny cover and not be grenades. If the opponent does not use cover or the map lacks it they lose their usefulness and thus are skipped (or they are skipped because they are shit, but that's another question)
30 May 2015, 22:36 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Just because Soviets don't have things to spend munitions on does not mean the demo should stay they seem, mainly against single squads.

Either tone down its damage against all targets and make a requirement so it's still deadly to structures and make it cost less so it's used more often as an anti-structure charge/trap, or do some drastic changes to its AOE which a lot of weapons could use. More damage at mid-long distance so AOE weapons are less punishing when they don't land direct hits while the distance for explosives are far less likely to gib models near the center of the blast is reduced.
30 May 2015, 23:20 PM

This shows how bad are soviets designed

Give cons ppshs after t3/t4 (or t3 only, if you know what I mean :snfCHVGame: ) and give commanders with these weapons armored vehicle detection, mark vehicle or anything really. Buffing cons' ppsh at medium distance (to avoid OPness) and increasing the price greatly would be also helpful in reducing muni float

I don't really know what to do with molos, since they are designed to deny cover and not be grenades. If the opponent does not use cover or the map lacks it they lose their usefulness and thus are skipped (or they are skipped because they are shit, but that's another question)

Still that doesn't fix the early game float issue. What I would do is just give Soviets a non-doctrine officer unit (Commissar obviously) that uses lots of munition based abilities to empower and support your infantry units.

That way it helps con's scale better, gives you something to spend munitions on, and finally gives them some sort of Officer unit which they lack. Ofc it would need to be off-set by if he dies that your army retreats or gets debuffed in someway.

We can theory craft all day but unless demo charges are changed people will spam them and ONLY spam them because they have a much much higher cost return than any munition based ability in the game, as others have said either make it like the American para-demo with a cost reduction or let every faction enjoy the 1 shot retardation.
30 May 2015, 23:36 PM
Honorary Member Badge

i honestly thing puting them behind a tech wall and giving the whermact an equivelent (the goliath) would be a good idea whether they need adjustment after that idk i havn't played the game in so long now.
31 May 2015, 00:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2015, 23:36 PMWiFiDi
i honestly thing puting them behind a tech wall and giving the whermact an equivelent (the goliath) would be a good idea whether they need adjustment after that idk i havn't played the game in so long now.

With the 2cp insta-wipe 120 and elite infantry early-demos are deadly...
31 May 2015, 05:46 AM
Donator 11

Ok, well if Soviets have some muni sinks this wouldn't happen, nein? Give scripts a ppsh or DP upgrade and no one will complain. And btw I have no probs with axis getting Goliaths
31 May 2015, 06:55 AM

Ok, well if Soviets have some muni sinks this wouldn't happen, nein? Give scripts a ppsh or DP upgrade and no one will complain. And btw I have no probs with axis getting Goliaths

Why would you spend muni on DP's or PPsh's when demo's are insanely more efficient?
31 May 2015, 18:02 PM
Donator 11

Why would you spend muni on DP's or PPsh's when demo's are insanely more efficient?

Really? really? So all the games you lose against Soviets were coz of Demo spam?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★