Login

russian armor

ostheer bunker spam

23 May 2015, 07:07 AM

Hey can anyone help me deal with ostheer bunker spam? I have a problem dealing with them. Especially early game, and on big maps. Where when i get suppressed. I have to retreat. And then by that time. The tickets, momentum. And tactical situation changes. Thanks!

Ostheer* sorry for the misspelling
23 May 2015, 09:05 AM

hey, welcome!

for the time that they arrive, ZiS guns are deadly, 82 or preferably 120mm mortars make short work of them, penals if you've decided to go with snipers will one shot them with a satchel and if you want to soft counter, smoke will allow you stay out of kill zones.

just a few solutions off the top of my head.
oh, and demo charges.
flamethrowers.
23 May 2015, 09:35 AM

I'll try the zis guns next time. I get so frustrated with the combination of bunker spam. Harassment on all my flanks. Its difficult for me to employ my anti bunker weapons. I wish bunkers were more expensive to produce. I destroy one. Leave the area. And he comes back and builds another one!
23 May 2015, 09:49 AM

the issue is munitions. it's... 60? for an mg42? i can't remember off the top of my head, but bear in mind what your opponent will be forgoing because they put a bunker down, that's one less LMG, possibly healing, a few rifle nades, a certainly a delay in tech or fewer squads/weapons teams on the field.
23 May 2015, 11:35 AM

With Soviet T1 it should be really easy to counter. Some Penals in scoutcar and kill them with flamer/ satchel. Keep making penals + scoutcar + sniper since ur opponent will not have manpower + ammo to deal with them because of the bunker spam. Oh and in this patch Guards seem to do sick damage to structures aswell ^_^

I dont recommend early ZiS since they are slow + expensive( in the big maps it takes super long to get there probably) and really nice warspoils for enemy :D
23 May 2015, 11:39 AM

Shouldn't really be having an issue with Ostheer bunkers in all honesty, but if you are Soviet T1 handles them really well (flame thrower in an M3)
Or soviet T2 and mortar/Zis.

Bunker spamming will set them back alot of manpower and ammo, so if you use one of the quick and easy counters, you'll gain a massive advantage.
23 May 2015, 12:07 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

With Soviet T1 it should be really easy to counter. Some Penals in scoutcar and kill them with flamer/ satchel. Keep making penals + scoutcar + sniper since ur opponent will not have manpower + ammo to deal with them because of the bunker spam. Oh and in this patch Guards seem to do sick damage to structures aswell ^_^

I dont recommend early ZiS since they are slow + expensive( in the big maps it takes super long to get there probably) and really nice warspoils for enemy :D

+1. You can also use mortar smoke on the bunker. When it is smoked you can walk past it.
If you do use a ZiS gun, remember that you can shoot into the fog of war by using Attack Ground. It is less accurate, but you can stay out of the bunker's range.
26 May 2015, 11:02 AM

+1 for penals and scout cars. Once bunkers start going poof to satchel charges and flamers from behind, they will quickly give up on the tactic.

As soon as your first M3 comes out, you might even want to skip straight past the bunker to harras their point.
aaa
27 May 2015, 05:19 AM

I think penals are not an option, vs bunkers ok but other than that they are just bad AND expensive to reinforce.

Especially early game, and on big maps.

Early I ussualy run around with M3 flamers, get flamers out and move M3 away (not to lose M3). PTRS cons are OK too.

If I see bunker itself is defended I leave it be until Su85 or t34/76 or t70. With that aproach I must be active on other parts of the map.
Plus it depends on position/numbers/type of bunker defenders. Sometimes you can run around and attack those defenders if they are mortars or badly positioned MGs.

28 May 2015, 16:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2015, 05:19 AMaaa
I think penals are not an option, vs bunkers ok but other than that they are just bad AND expensive to reinforce.

Penals are like 23 to reinforce, Mix with a Scout car to get behind and you can hit the bunker and get out before reinforcements come.
1 Jun 2015, 14:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2015, 05:19 AMaaa

Early I ussualy run around with M3 flamers, get flamers out and move M3 away (not to lose M3). PTRS cons are OK too.

If I see bunker itself is defended I leave it be until Su85 or t34/76 or t70. With that aproach I must be active on other parts of the map.
Plus it depends on position/numbers/type of bunker defenders. Sometimes you can run around and attack those defenders if they are mortars or badly positioned MGs.

Just use merge.

You usually won't need to build specific counters vs bunkers because you'll have something on the field that can handle them. Flamer engineers / demo, guard rifles, mortar, Zis.
Youll
8 Jun 2015, 10:03 AM

Yeah I quite like penals, you can use just a couple combined with cons and just use the cons to merge reinforce when you retreat to base. Can be done quickly when you get the hang of it.

Satchel is bad ass in lots of situations. And penal DPS can wipe squads much more often.
4 Aug 2015, 03:43 AM

Bunker spamming is useless if you have Penals on the field. All you have to do is either flank the MG or use something as a meat shield while you toss a satchel at the bunker. All it takes it the satchel to be at least next to the bunker and it's gone in one shot. It's even easier if his bunker is not supported by any units.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★