Login

russian armor

Review of 2v2 _teamwork_ - any advice is appreciated!

22 May 2015, 12:50 PM

Hey guys,

I would like to ask this gorgeous community to take a look at my game...actually, our game.

Now this is an interesting topic. We have a small team, we fight together, and after hundreds of hours of playing the game, doing researches and following the changelogs, we are still not good enough. Maybe we should improve our teamwork...? Please do a review guys! Any advice is appreciated from anyone.

Ps.: don't you think that the game is very unbalanced? I often see that Allies are getting improved while OKW and Ostheer factions are getting worse. Any opinion?

22 May 2015, 14:47 PM
Donator 11

Uhm, that's a 1v1 replay.
22 May 2015, 15:26 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2015, 14:47 PMkamk
Uhm, that's a 1v1 replay.

Somethings wrong with the replay parser or something like that,and some 2v2s are shown as 1v1s etc etc.

And thats not a 1v1 map anyway, :snfPeter:
22 May 2015, 23:59 PM
Donator 11

Somethings wrong with the replay parser or something like that,and some 2v2s are shown as 1v1s etc etc.

And thats not a 1v1 map anyway, :snfPeter:

Good to know.

Could have been some weird custom game. I've seen 1v1s on Redball in COH1, so i'm not even surprised anymore :D

23 May 2015, 02:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2015, 23:59 PMkamk

Good to know.

Could have been some weird custom game. I've seen 1v1s on Redball in COH1, so i'm not even surprised anymore :D

Who are you even? OpieOP
23 May 2015, 18:54 PM
Donator 11

Who are you even? OpieOP

tzsolt, i think your problems are down to some rather simple general issues:

overextension
Your mate locked down your fuel, that's a good start on Rzhev, especially at the bottom. Both of you should now focus on holding your ammo and the middle VP. Spread out a bit, like he goes left'ish of the ammo point (cutoff area), you go more righ't is of it - now you both can easily react to anything that comes for you from any side. You both now got a rather save frontline you can retreat to, while you can constantly harass them, or in best case extend your map control over time.
Instead you were spreading too thin everywhere. As an example: MG42s are great, a single uncovered one is not. Him camping the fuel point is okay'ish, but when you're on the opposite side of the map at the same time, you will leave a huge gap in the middle. It's a team game, you want to be able to support each other.

unit preservation and usage
Watch your low health / number squads. Seen you losing a lot of costly (LMG) Grens everywhere, caused by probably not paying attention, but mostly due bad engagements.
Keeping Gren squads with only 1 man under enemy fire will bleed you heavily over time. You also gonna lose those fancy LMGs and any veterancy they may have.
The 2x P4 vs 2+1 IS2 engagement was a really bad pick - there's no way you will ever defeat those with 2 P4s alone. A similar thing happens later when the two low health Tigers from your mate try to keep your fuel point, which results in losing them both. Don't overstay your welcome.
There have been two lost MG42s on your own ammo point, with a decrewed Pak40 nearby. Those units have not been recovered for around 15-25 minutes.
Keep in mind: free Ostheer stuff is always good.

ressource management
The ressource float in this particular game (approx):
16m 500 / 700
20m 600 / 1000
25m 1200 / 2200
30m+ mate floats close to 3000 mp, loses his two Tigers slowly, has literally 0 units on the field.
> build stuff. You're not getting interest on manpower :D

Random stuff:
Bunkers can be nice, building mines before the 35m mark is nicer. A lonely Pak40 won't defend two bunkers against any incoming tank anyways.
Well, a single Pak40 won't hold anything at all to be fair, but 2-3 of those have better chances. Having other stuff nearby to support doesn't hurt either, like Grens for fausting and anti infantry, some MG, a well placed teller in front, a Pio squad to recapture, repair, and spotting (they got a huge vision range, keep that in mind).
As Ostheer Combined arms isn't just the key, it's mandatory.

Your teamplay:
Both going T3 wasn't the best plan IMO. P4s are nice, but they won't scale that properly vs. Heavies / current SOV meta, besides your mate being way too defensive with them.

But okay, you had 4 P4s on the field, what now: you only got a short time window till the IS2 spam will start - you needed to make use of them as soon as possible, like harassing the right side together.
Parking them somewhere while floating more and more manpower will be a huge problem sooner than later.

Later on he overcomitted his Tigers. Retreat this stuff earlier, use the huge manpower float, and 1-2 minutes later he would have been pop capped and ready to go with a huge army.

Don't park 2 MGs and a sniper 10 meters outside of your base, they won't do anything there.

MGs are nice, but you want spotters nearby, like Pios, Grens, etc. Get two MG42s to cover each other, then clean up stuff with whatever is nearby.

I'd suggest you think about a different teamplay synergy. Since your mate seems to love playing a bit more defensively, and everything went downhill when IS2s arrived, another doctrine might suit him more, like Jaeger Armor.
He can still go P4, but into Elefant instead of Tiger, and you could go directly for Panthers with Luft supply, or you pick a different commander alltogether.
This way his P4s can shield the Elefant vs. faster mediums and infantry, you got better scaling armor, and even if the enemy goes for stuff like ISU / B4 / ML20, you got all the counters you need.

Hope this wall of text is somehow helpful to you.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★