Login

russian armor

what is the BEST USF commander for 1v1 (right now) ?

22 May 2015, 11:46 AM

i was looking to start playing USF when it is gonna take toooo long to get a match as ostheer.

so i was wondering what the best USF commander was for 1v1 ?

also what is most reliable build order start, that i can tweak as i get better with the USF ?

i was thinking
4 rifle
ambulance
22 May 2015, 11:50 AM

Rifle Cimpany on urban maps, inf doc or air on open maps. BO: R,R,R,L,M20
22 May 2015, 12:18 PM

Yeah, inf doc is pretty good against support weapons and OKW trucks.
22 May 2015, 12:29 PM

As long as you avoid mechanized, you should do good.
22 May 2015, 12:49 PM

Yeah, Though I would say however, I'd take Mechanized over recon support.
22 May 2015, 12:54 PM

But... recon support is fun! New greyhound also isn't bad. IR pathfinders are good for nuking weapon teams.

Not the strongest doctrine, but definitely not weak one, AT gun on paradrop is the crippling factor for the doctrine.
22 May 2015, 13:00 PM
Donator 11

Mechanised is kind of ok vs okw if you know how to micro vehicle crews and are ok with going captain (as liut makes no sense with it). Its also worth it to use bars with that doctrine.
22 May 2015, 13:10 PM

Mechanised is kind of ok vs okw if you know how to micro vehicle crews and are ok with going captain (as liut makes no sense with it). Its also worth it to use bars with that doctrine.

Agreed, And the Artillery Strike at CP 8 can bring an okw building lower than 1/4 heath.
22 May 2015, 13:47 PM

I see no one mentioned Armor Company. I am quite surprised. It shines after patch.
22 May 2015, 13:50 PM

I'd recommend Rifle Company heartily versus Ostheer, not because I've used the doctrine myself but because after facing it as Ostheer so many times it has really been a thorn in my side, the Veteran Riflemen make the early game advantage of USF even more evident, and the white phosphorus does a lot to any support weapons that threaten the Easy Eights/Jacksons.
22 May 2015, 14:08 PM

I use all of them, they are all usefull imo. Yes even mechanized, for recon + offmap at 8CP. In 1v1 I mostly use Infantry/Rifle/Mechanized vs OKW and Airborne/Recon/Armor vs Ostheer.
22 May 2015, 14:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2015, 12:29 PMKatitof
As long as you avoid mechanized, you should do good.

Mechanized isnt weak.
22 May 2015, 16:04 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Mechanized isnt weak.

Reads your sig... i get it.

As long as you are plain better than your opponent, you can defeat with whatever. Mechanized is NKVD bad, thing is USF is less reliant on commanders than SU.
22 May 2015, 16:18 PM

Reads your sig... i get it.

As long as you are plain better than your opponent, you can defeat with whatever. Mechanized is NKVD bad, thing is USF is less reliant on commanders than SU.

WC51 can help you out quite a lot as long as you use it properly and with caution. You need to refit it at the right time.

AssEngies in Halftrack are pricey but you can get them in case you are floating mp and refit the halftrack if you like. You can also keep it, but its risky.

Recon plane is very good for its cost, and the arty busts okw trucks effectively.

The whole beauty of this doctrine must be refit, because you can exploit the USF's light vehicle advantage and then refit it for the majority of the spend resources, enabling you to have a very strong early to mid game while boosting your transition into lategame at the cost of your outdated vehicles. You can also always refit a Jackson for a Sherman and vice versa in the lategame.

Mechanized can be really good, its just very special and niche, and not everybody is ready to deviate from the same meta we've had for the past year.
22 May 2015, 16:32 PM

Recon and mechanized would be good IF

WC 51 would do the same DPS of the M3 (no reason for it to do less while also being more expensive)

M3 HT would have the same health as every single other halftrack in the game and not have 2x less HP.

Recon would be good if the recon combat group wasn't trash and the rifleman observation buff actually worked.

These are very simple changes and it is sad that relic doesn't implement them. I hope they will in the next patch.

As for the OP Rifle > airborne = infantry = armor (all the docs are good in different situations) > mechanized = recon Mechanized and recon aren't very good but they can work given the right circumstances.
22 May 2015, 17:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2015, 16:32 PMBurts
Recon and mechanized would be good IF

WC 51 would do the same DPS of the M3 (no reason for it to do less while also being more expensive)

M3 HT would have the same health as every single other halftrack in the game and not have 2x less HP.

Recon would be good if the recon combat group wasn't trash and the rifleman observation buff actually worked.

These are very simple changes and it is sad that relic doesn't implement them. I hope they will in the next patch.

As for the OP Rifle > airborne = infantry = armor (all the docs are good in different situations) > mechanized = recon Mechanized and recon aren't very good but they can work given the right circumstances.

you forgot making I&R pathfinders useful for something other than calling in artillery.
22 May 2015, 18:55 PM

you forgot making I&R pathfinders useful for something other than calling in artillery.

they provide good vision and can place beacons for extra vision and reinforcement in case you actually manage to float 900mp without losing the match :foreveralone:
22 May 2015, 19:48 PM

I like any USF doctrine that has assault engineers simply because it is frustrating not having mines. I love the M20 mines, but it's such a pigeonholing cost to go LT and make an M20 just for mines.

However, assault engineers are otherwise just allied pioneers. They can defeat unupgraded grens and unvetted volks, but that's about it.
22 May 2015, 23:40 PM

I like any USF doctrine that has assault engineers simply because it is frustrating not having mines. I love the M20 mines, but it's such a pigeonholing cost to go LT and make an M20 just for mines.

However, assault engineers are otherwise just allied pioneers. They can defeat unupgraded grens and unvetted volks, but that's about it.

Um...no...

well,maybe, if your charging through an open field.
23 May 2015, 01:00 AM

You're right, they beat pioneers too. :P If I am able to pop out point blank on a squad, yeah they are effective, but against smg units like pgrens or sturmpioneers its still pretty 50/50.

But I didn't clarify that I meant without flamethrowers. The flamethrowers are a whole other business.

The underlying point is that they're a 4 man close range unit. It's so easy for them to drop to a dangerous number of entities that while they may beat an enemy squad, they do so with no remaining field presence or combat ability.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★