Login

russian armor

no chat button

21 May 2015, 21:45 PM
Benefactor 392

Seriously getting old were i can not enjoy a game, winning or losing without being pooped on.

I get enough discrimination from work and i don't want it playing my game because some dude wants to be a jerk, starting to blame one person or another. it's become to the point were i don't even want to play anymore because all i see on the side of my screen are jerks being jerks.

All i want is a button that turns off all chat and pings i don't care if i'm being a team player or not, i just want to have fun drinking coffee moving my dudes and dudettes around the map, and not take flak from my and the opponents team.

i'm really starting to have zero fun, just because dudes and dudettes can't chill
21 May 2015, 21:46 PM

welcome to the internet
21 May 2015, 22:10 PM

Permanently Banned
Relic really dropped the ball with chat filter. That was only a third of the way to fix it.

Its all about player options. You give us the player the option to turn off the chat filter, or the option to turn off chat entirely with filtered chat being the default option. Not the only option.
21 May 2015, 22:16 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Relic really dropped the ball with chat filter. That was only a third of the way to fix it.

Its all about player options. You give us the player the option to turn off the chat filter, or the option to turn off chat entirely with filtered chat being the default option. Not the only option.

this is exactly what they should have done. :(
21 May 2015, 22:40 PM

i'm sorry dude. it sucks.
21 May 2015, 23:50 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I could see agreeing with this is if you can turn off the ALL chat only...someone BMing or even chatting to you from the other team besides GLHF and GGWP is completely unneeded and pointless anyway.

But...

welcome to the internet

Pretty much. Unless they're spamming down the side of your screen into the gameplay itself or something...I think there's a spam filter anyway.

If you're getting emotionally disturbed by the chat because it correlates to your real life issues I wouldn't recommend being on the internet period. That's a whole nother issue..

having the option to remove chat completely says fuck it to any sort of PROPER communication in random team games. Which DOES happen a decent amount of the time when I dare attempt to play them.

What if your teammate is trying to tell you what doctrine he's picking or what strat he's trying to do and you're ignoring?

In other less team based games like COD that makes sense. Here it simply doesn't.
21 May 2015, 23:58 PM

Simple dont go on the Internet then, thread closed
22 May 2015, 00:53 AM

I wholeheartedly agree with you! I have been saying this for such a long time and was about to post it myself.

OK, OK!!! For the personnel, or, community out there that disagrees, why should it not be possible for an individual player to make the decision to mute chat for themselves? An easy response, which in my opinion is a 100% cop out, is, welcome to the internet. Spare me of the crap. Some newer players may not even give this game a chance to learn it, if it is their sole first impression. Another justification for this, is, some players might not want any distractions. Words should not be used as distraction tactics, or some players might not be bothered by the content, but distracted for the mind concentration that focusing on a good game warrants. We have nothing to lose to make this a possibility. I SUPPORT IT, 100%!!! For those that disagree, I implore you to think about how you speak, your maturity, and language context to other players. This community will only grow but with positive reinforcement. A GAME, is supposed to be fun. If this is what makes it fun for some of us, GO FOR IT!!! NOTHING TO LOSE, only growing the community to game.

This series made me into a gamer. I started with COH1 about 3 months before COH2 came out and sucked worse than almost any player. My record sucked, REAL BAD; I went 7-59. I was so green that I did not even know what I noob was. I sucked so bad that people threatened my life, family, home, IP Address with viruses and this list could go on. WHY? WHAT DOES THIS REALLY DO FOR THE GAME!!!??? I hung in there despite what people said about me, my lack of skills, bought COH2 and ended up in the top 70 in the game. Not everyone should have to listen to this if they choose not to. I hung in there because I am competitive, a grown ass man and do not listen to idiot kids that obviously were not raised correctly by their mother, have no integrity or real fortitude, or, are just weak, sad human beings that sit behind a keyboard and talk $@*&.

ONE OF THE BEST POSTS THAT THIS GAME HAS EVER HAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
22 May 2015, 01:02 AM

Permanently Banned
BM is love, BM is life. :snfBarton:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment