Login

russian armor

Suggestion / realistic fix to German rifle nades.

23 May 2015, 03:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2015, 23:21 PMWiFiDi

i don't know im not in the loop enough but I do see a potentially big problem. That it makes the gren have 2 seperate grenades (unless one replaced the other or they shared cool down times but then it might feel like whats the point of having 2 nades) which means nade spam.

I'm with Daspoulos on this, I mean you see three different grenades USF with smokes, AT-rifle, and frags and the limiting factor is the munitions available.

I don't really see what would be wrong in giving Ostheer the added versatility in their baseline rifle infantry. It would keep Allies from being able to bully in the early game if it's available right off the bat and spamming it would delay LMG-42's by a lot.
23 May 2015, 14:36 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2015, 03:26 AMSierra
I'm with Daspoulos on this, I mean you see three different grenades USF with smokes, AT-rifle, and frags and the limiting factor is the munitions available.

Smokes are dramatically different from making enemy infantry dance around avoiding grenades though. A similar example would be Volks or Obers with infiltration grenades to go with their Model 24/Bundled Grenade, though the cooldown and being based on model count for infiltration grenade along with the munition income penalty are drawbacks which decrease the likelihood of grenade spamming working in this case.

Grenadiers spamming to increase the odds of hitting Model 24s would certainly be a lot less destructive than infiltration grenades hitting though.
23 May 2015, 20:24 PM

Argh, these threads always make me miss vCoH Wehrmacht. The options and design of their tiers were so well designed to how gameplay actually proceeded.

CoH2 Grenadiers even when upgraded and vetted still get chewed up at close range. There's no MP40 option to trade off range for being able to hold off being rushed by infantry in every engagement in every game ever. And because that trade-off doesn't exist, grens essentially are always most effective at range, regardless of what units allied players are fielding. It comes down to critical mass of DPS, not player choices and tradeoffs in most cases.
23 May 2015, 23:34 PM

Permanently Banned
An idea I had would be that if soviets build all 3 of the HQ upgrades or teched up to t4, same for ost if they tech up to t4. That cons and grens get stick grenades.

Gives cons more utility in the late game, and if gren riflenade range increase with vet is removed then they have a tool for dealing with squads in close range. Because ost doesn't really get nades other than riflenade and bundle nade. A 30 munition grenade would do them well on grens IMO.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★