Login

russian armor

Suggestion / realistic fix to German rifle nades.

21 May 2015, 13:15 PM

You also can't use them in close quarters engagements which is where grens start to fall apart.
I also don't think the lethality of the nade is the problem. Its the way units bunch up in cover that is the problem. 30 munitions to take out 1-2 models isn't worth it.

+1. It's only effective when models bunch up. The only nerf needed is reduced range under suppression.
21 May 2015, 15:10 PM

Nades do wipe. That's what they are designed for.
21 May 2015, 15:20 PM

Nades do wipe. That's what they are designed for.

So do demos.
Didn't stopped you from opening flood gates of tears.
21 May 2015, 15:22 PM

You also can't use them in close quarters engagements which is where grens start to fall apart.
I also don't think the lethality of the nade is the problem. Its the way units bunch up in cover that is the problem. 30 munitions to take out 1-2 models isn't worth it.

This...

Keep in mind one other thing too guys....

Click - Bang. The rifle nade has one of the longest times from when you click the ability to the explosion. Adding a timer on the explosion would make this the most useless ability in the game.

And whoever mentioned the fact that USF bunker rifle nades have a timer so Grens should too.... is a pretty dumb argument since they are 100% free. (used for forcing enemies around the bunker out of cover)

Shock/Para Cooked nades are the fastest (Click - bang) and do also wipe squads fairly well.... Just like the rifle nade. you can hit retreat as soon as you see the Paratrooper/shocktrooper throw their nade, and still lose most of your squad.
21 May 2015, 16:20 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2015, 15:20 PMKatitof

So do demos.

Demos are entirely different. Grenades have a timer and/or an obvious animation before they explode which gives your opponent time to react.

Demos don't have a timer before they explode nor do they have an animation. Once engineers planted a demo you can immediately trigger them if needed.
21 May 2015, 16:28 PM

Demos are entirely different. Grenades have a timer and/or an obvious animation before they explode which gives your opponent time to react.

Demos don't have a timer before they explode nor do they have an animation. Once engineers planted a demo you can immediately trigger them if needed.

Except rifle nades don't have an obvious animation, or timer and are much more accessible than demos. There's also a bug that can be abused to trigger the animation after the nade fires.
21 May 2015, 16:56 PM
Donator 33

Except rifle nades don't have an obvious animation, or timer and are much more accessible than demos. There's also a bug that can be abused to trigger the animation after the nade fires.

The animation is obvious and even when there's no animation - because relic can't fix such bugs - there's still the firing sound + travel time.

The fact remains: you can know where a rifle nade is going to be used (at least when Grens haven't reached vet 2 yet) because you clearly see them and it takes time for the nade to hit its target.

Demos, once planted, can be triggered immediately, resulting in a squad wipe.

Demos are more expensive but also more effective in return. You can wipe a maxim with rifle nades if it's clumped up but you can also recover it (if you supported it).

Demos that wipe a squad Grens, Obers, Sturm or even Pios have inflicted way more MP bleed.
22 May 2015, 04:01 AM
Patrion 28

if you don't move until the nade fires you will be hit by it. how badly depends on how fast you see and click and whether or not you get fucked over by pathing.
22 May 2015, 05:34 AM

if you don't move until the nade fires you will be hit by it. how badly depends on how fast you see and click and whether or not you get fucked over by pathing.

True
22 May 2015, 06:39 AM

Why not just reduce the range of the Riflegrenade by 15% or 20% as it scales to veterancy, and in exchange grenadiers are given a Model-24 Stielhandgranate for close-quarters?
22 May 2015, 08:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2015, 06:39 AMSierra
Why not just reduce the range of the Riflegrenade by 15% or 20% as it scales to veterancy, and in exchange grenadiers are given a Model-24 Stielhandgranate for close-quarters?

Mr. Grammar Nazi, you do have a good point here! Give him 1 billion dollars!
22 May 2015, 08:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2015, 06:39 AMSierra

Not a very good idea, must I say.
All grenades should be thrown less further while the squad is in supress. That would be realistic. Due to the fact rifle nade can be safely shot from cover, I would only modify its accuracy if the squads is supressed. I mean, ok, the rifle doesn't care about supression, it will do its job, but you will not be able to aim properly with it. So a bigger scatter range while supressed would be enough if we want to modify something.
22 May 2015, 09:48 AM

Riflenade isn't really a problem currently because Allies soldiers are dirt cheap, but hmm [NDA-censored] would be a [NDA-censored].
22 May 2015, 10:47 AM

Mr. Grammar Nazi, you do have a good point here! Give him 1 billion dollars!

Well other than G-43's to increase their mid-range capability somewhat, Grenadiers and Ostheer in general is pretty badly bullied by Allied infantry in close quarters. If they came with a Stielhandgranate standard issue, then they could punish Allied players for always getting in too close at the cost of munitions for an LMG-42. Then the Rifle Grenade could stay bound to tech or it could even be bound to a Veterancy rank.

This would also allow Grenadiers to maintain some autonomy, rather than rely on Panzergrens for the punch at close quarters. This would be important since Pioneers are pretty much garbage and Assault Grens are locked to a doctrine.

Besides that, historical accuracy dictates that the German Wehrmacht had Model-24 Stielhandgranates as standard issue as far back as WWI through to the end of WWII when they started experimenting with the M39 Eihandgranate (Egg-Hand Grenade) which was round, small, easier to carry, and could be thrown further as soon as 1939.
22 May 2015, 10:54 AM

True, Probably best thing would be veterancy, like the stun grenade of the Sturmpioneers. When shocks, cons or what so ever come in close range, grenadiers get a asswhoop like hell. Yes they do excel at long range, but that doesn't mean that they should be completely annihalated when they have close combat, without any counter to it.
22 May 2015, 10:59 AM

True, Probably best thing would be veterancy, like the stun grenade of the Sturmpioneers. When shocks, cons or what so ever come in close range, grenadiers get a asswhoop like hell. Yes they do excel at long range, but that doesn't mean that they should be completely annihalated when they have close combat, without any counter to it.

Well I was thinking a Lethal fragmentation M24 like the Volksgrenadiers have. Grenadiers could have it at the start or perhaps immediately tech into it to help out the first few minutes of combat. I can't imagine a stun-grenade would be all that useful to them though other than buy a few more seconds to get some more distance. Since the stun doesn't last long.
22 May 2015, 11:01 AM

I did mention the when they come available. Ofcourse I would go for a M24 Frag. Stun-nades are not needed, unless you get G43's
22 May 2015, 23:17 PM

Not to come off as standoffish, but does anyone other than JohnnyB have a problem with my suggestion?

To reiterate the idea is to reduce the riflegrenade range by 15-20% as it scales with veterancy, in exchange Grenadiers are equipped with Model-24 Stielhandgranates for close quarters.

Same grenade the Volksgrenadiers have and it helps Grenadiers not get bullied as much by Allied infantry in close quarters.

Rifle Grenade can be tied into tech or vet.
22 May 2015, 23:21 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2015, 23:17 PMSierra
Not to come off as standoffish, but does anyone other than JohnnyB have a problem with my suggestion?

To reiterate the idea is to reduce the riflegrenade range by 15-20% as it scales with veterancy, in exchange Grenadiers are equipped with Model-24 Stielhandgranates for close quarters.

Same grenade the Volksgrenadiers have and it helps Grenadiers not get bullied as much by Allied infantry in close quarters.

Rifle Grenade can be tied into tech or vet.

i don't know im not in the loop enough but I do see a potentially big problem. That it makes the gren have 2 seperate grenades (unless one replaced the other or they shared cool down times but then it might feel like whats the point of having 2 nades) which means nade spam.
22 May 2015, 23:24 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2015, 23:21 PMWiFiDi

i don't know im not in the loop enough but I do see a potentially big problem. That it makes the gren have 2 grenades which means nade spam.

Price has more influence on spam than availability. Not like you see USF spamming weapon upgrades out the ass just because they can dual equip and put them on every squad eh?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★