Login

russian armor

People are probably taking this game too seriously

• This thread is locked
PAGES (5)down
25 May 2015, 09:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2015, 14:34 PMInverse
People play poker professionally. People play Hearthstone professionally. Dota 2, the second-largest competitive game right now, has entire heroes designed around RNG. Saying a game can't be taken seriously because it has random elements is absurd. There are a lot of issues keeping CoH2 from being taken seriously on a large scale, but randomness in gameplay isn't one of them, and getting upset at people for taking the game seriously is entirely counterintuitive. The more people who take the game seriously, the better it is for the health of the game overall.

Well put, and for the most part my thoughts exactly. Though watching a recon run shot down and hurddling into my units can be a bit excessive.
25 May 2015, 10:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2015, 06:29 AMJohnnyB
I don't find rng as frustrating as maphack. The game has not enough anti-cheat protection.

Safer tactics are reducing rng effects sometimes. This is one of the reasons for which blobbing it's used so much. Combined arms expose you to even more rng besides requiring more micro. I have nothing against blobbers, tbh. And I got beatend several times because of opponent's blob.

Combining blobbing with maphack, now that is total shit. Blobbing is allowed by the gameplay, maphack and cheats are something that is outside the game. A blobber without maphack can make uninspired attacks and lose engagements. He can enter into an mg fire ark, he can step on mines. He can come across a Tiger, a Buldozer, Etc, etc. A blobber who sees everything will never make a mistake. He will come with his blob only where you are unprepaired, every time. This is the problem, and I bet some of you lost BECAUSE of that, not because of rng or other things. As much as such discutions are not welcomed by the mods (why? this is a mistery for me), no matter what coders will tell you, this phenomenon is real.

This is one reason for which you feel frustrated in COH2, guys.

never seen maphack in my couple of years in coh.
25 May 2015, 10:48 AM

never seen maphack in my couple of years in coh.

Then eather you are a bad observer, eather you don't wach your replies, eather you are so naive that you think that actualy someone can play a game without making a mistake. Ever. The game is build in such way that you simply cannot play it without running at least one time with your tank into a pak, with your squad into an hmg arc of fire and such. When your opponent is allways able to avoid this allways comming from the right direction, knowing things without using recon of any kind, something it's fishy no matter how good is he/she. Don't you think?
25 May 2015, 13:34 PM
Coder Red Badge

Maphacking exists, but likely isn't as widespread as people like to think. In 6 years of playing CoH1, I never once was sure I was facing a maphacker, and only rarely was I ever suspicious. Even then, going back and watching the replay usually removed any suspicion I had. But people like to have something they can blame for their losses, and maphacking is the perfect scapegoat for that.
25 May 2015, 13:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2015, 13:34 PMInverse
Maphacking exists, but likely isn't as widespread as people like to think. In 6 years of playing CoH1, I never once was sure I was facing a maphacker, and only rarely was I ever suspicious. Even then, going back and watching the replay usually removed any suspicion I had. But people like to have something they can blame for their losses, and maphacking is the perfect scapegoat for that.

Indeed I wached many of replies and change my mind after waching them, as you say, in some cases. In other cases though, I kept my opinion it's maphack. I know, I know, I should submit this to Relic. Did that in COH1, did it in COH2. Nothing happened. One time same player was reported by someone else too, but still nothing.
I don't know if Relic realy cares much about hacking. My guess is they don't. They don't care much about bugs or optimization since they prioritize the new faction and new content compared to other things that are the game's base, how could we expect they will invest much to protect us from cheaters? The phenomenon is not as spread as in COH1, but it surely exists in a bothering quantity in COH2 too.
I tried maphack in vCOH for a while and nothing happened to me. I was winning left and right and nobody punished me. Besides seeing everything, you had warning signs for camo units, mines, incoming arty and off-map strikes. Nothing could surprise you, you knew everything before it happened. A total bullshit, it made me sick and I quit after 1 month. So if an idiot is playing against me, it could easily wreck me in a competitive match if such feature exists in COH2. And guess what? THAT HACK WAS FREE. And you wanna make me believe Relic did much against this in COH2? I doubt. The only thing annoying for hackers and their clients were the constant montly patches that changed some game files and the filty hacks didn't work anymore, so they had to work again. Haven't you notice that the gameplay is "cleaner" 2 - 3 weeks after each patch? Even best players - though they finally win - are making mistakes. Then, some idiots appear from nowhere with smurf acounts or not, they show you through their build orders and the way they are losing squads that they are shitty at this game, still they know everything you have, where you have it and where your mgs, packs etc are faced to. And so on.
I played COH1 for 5-6 years. I'm playing COH2 since it was released. I think I can tell if someone is hacking or not.
25 May 2015, 14:05 PM
Coder Red Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2015, 13:55 PMJohnnyB
I tried maphack in vCOH for a while
25 May 2015, 14:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2015, 14:05 PMInverse

Yes, I did it, being curious if it will work and if people will figure it out I was cheating. And I quit doing it because it was disgusting. I returned and keep being kicked around by maphackers, I prefered it that way. Nevertheless I consider this experience verry usefull because I can come and tell you now that nothing happened there and I doubt that hackers will b e punished now in COH2, a fact that makes me feel frustrated. So I've been there and that made me know what this garbage can do. So what is your point actualy?
25 May 2015, 14:20 PM
Coder Red Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2015, 13:55 PMJohnnyB
I tried maphack in vCOH for a while
25 May 2015, 14:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2015, 14:20 PMInverse

Fine. Extract from context what you want and enjoy it. Please totaly ignore my point too. Oh, you were doing it already.
25 May 2015, 14:44 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Lmao Johnny boy are you under the influence?

Whatever respect I had for you is lost.

you're a filthy hacker(once a hacking cunt always a hacking cunt.)
or you must be suffering from one of the most extreme cases of Hack a Noia I've ever seen.

See a doctor or get some sleep.

Anyway In almost 2.5k hours of gameplay I've never felt my superior opponent was map hacking.it never crossed my mind.
And the one time I did feel like "damn there's no way he knows this attack is coming or where my tank is" I realized he was using spotting scopes in some shit doctrine( I uploaded the replay,vs Mantis Mantis if anyone else has had the same experience with this guy)

Edit but that replay is like a patch old :snfPeter:

25 May 2015, 14:53 PM

Lmao Johnny boy are you under the influence?

Whatever respect I had for you is lost.

you're a filthy hacker(once a hacking cunt always a hacking cunt.)
or you must be suffering from one of the most extreme cases of Hack a Noia I've ever seen.

See a doctor or get some sleep.

Anyway In almost 2.5k hours of gameplay I've never felt my superior opponent was map hacking.it never crossed my mind.
And the one time I did feel like "damn there's no way he knows this attack is coming or where my tank is" I realized he was using spotting scopes in some shit doctrine( I uploaded the replay,vs Mantis Mantis if anyone else has had the same experience with this guy)

Edit but that replay is like a patch old :snfPeter:

Ok, live in denial and when someone try to open your eyes, insult him. At least I admited it unlike the rest of the "cunts" and did it for a purpose. Unlike you, I know more about this and I draw an alarm sign. Anyway, I'm done with this thread, it's filling with jerks to quickly for my taste.
meh
25 May 2015, 15:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2015, 14:53 PMJohnnyB

Ok, live in denial and when someone try to open your eyes, insult him. At least I admited it unlike the rest of the "cunts" and did it for a purpose. Unlike you, I know more about this and I draw an alarm sign. Anyway, I'm done with this thread, it's filling with jerks to quickly for my taste.

Thanks Johnny for your honesty, remember folks, if often takes one to know know. So in retrospect I trust Johnny's opinion here although some of you want to bash him, But the reality is it takes a hacker to know a hacker or a cheater to know a cheater. (Sorry in advance if that's viewed as a flame post, not my intentions)
25 May 2015, 15:12 PM
Patrion 14

Aaaaand this thread is derailed.

Good job lads.
Get back on topic or I'll lock this with pleasure.
25 May 2015, 16:59 PM

Sure, when players lose they may feel an exaggerated sense that RnG cost them the game.

Unfortunately, I'm painfully aware that RnG has not cost me any games, just my own bad play.

I suppose most of my RnG complaints are fixable by changing squad-clumping. mortar one-shots might go away if not that for that.

So I agree you with that probably RnG is not such a serious issue.

once i chased a Jagdpanzer 4, he had a destroyed main gun and engine damage. The JP4 was so low on health i couldve desstroyed him with a faust. But i was cruisin with my vet 3 Jackson behind, prepare my Heat rounds and boom. Rear armor, Heat rounds, and it bounced....pak40 target weak point jackson dead and the jp4 survived xD my last jackson, lost in my final push. i lost the game :(
25 May 2015, 17:27 PM
Patrion 14

Oh no, they done kill another truth-seeker!
25 May 2015, 17:50 PM

In Vcoh there were actually 2v2 AT teams that maphacked for months on end, openly, and nothing was done about it. In 1v1, certain stalwarts of the scene -cough, cough- were found to be hacking as well. With that being said, the vast majority of course played honestly back then, and in Coh2 it seems to be even less of a problem, I've only ever encountered one dude where I was positive there was foul play.
25 May 2015, 17:54 PM

Oh no, don't leave..
I'm curious to know what other illegal activities have you engaged in for a time only to be discouraged after not getting caught?
25 May 2015, 17:56 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Lessons to be learnt....time to move on....
PAGES (5)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS