Login

russian armor

People are probably taking this game too seriously

• This thread is locked
PAGES (5)down
19 May 2015, 19:14 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

As much as I agree with you, this is the place where people come because they take the game too seriously :D
19 May 2015, 19:17 PM

YOU THINK THIS IS A GAME MOTHERFUCKER?!
19 May 2015, 19:52 PM

19 May 2015, 20:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2015, 17:20 PMmeh

thanks for linking that, I didn't even realize you had a thread like that up. We [tea maker machine and i] pretty much have the same thoughts and ideas.

careful m8...
19 May 2015, 20:58 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

MAYBE YOU'RE NOT TAKING THIS SERIOUSLY ENOUGH!?
19 May 2015, 21:36 PM

When you win, it's because you tried hard. When you lose, you were just playing "for fun", right?
19 May 2015, 22:15 PM

What if I don't want to live in Seattle OR Southern California?
19 May 2015, 22:20 PM
Patrion 14

I don't think people are too upset about the RNG in cons vs grens, or Sherman vs P4... Engagements like that are what make coh great.

Now a Jackson bouncing and missing 4 rear shots on a KT during an hour long game doesn't make coh great.

So much this
20 May 2015, 02:59 AM

I do agree that people shouldn't be too obsessed sometimes. However mentality is like weather, and reactions can be RNG based(LOL). You missed out that personalities differ. Again something we cannot control, why not get over with it?
20 May 2015, 04:14 AM

Permanently Banned
We all love this game.

my main concern has always been balance

when u have a game where double Jackson bounce 5 rounds against a tiger. then u come on .org to be greeted with shit like this....

u cant help but lose ur mind
20 May 2015, 04:14 AM

well there is just too much things in the game made game little hard to deal with like 120mm, like walking stuka, like flank HQ lock down fuel point in early mid game, like FHQ sitting on your fuel point.

also there is bugs here and there like rest of sqs are trapped somewhere in the map and until engagement the model outside alone just like "shit! where is the rest of my squad" (once I had a HMG42 setup somewhere and only the guy carry the HMG is there rest 3 model is some where trapped, so the guy set up and dead during a engagement, rest squad spend 5 min to get out trap try to reach that HMG to retreat and dead on the way, while my opponent try to capture it for 5 min but he got it in the end away, or like once my sq got wipe, well we both thought is wipe because all model on the field is dead but no voice saying they all dead then i realized there is 1 model left, click it find it trapped at base LOL)
20 May 2015, 06:33 AM

It's incredible how you people keep complaining about Axis even in a thread that has nothing to do with units' OPness or balance.

My view related to what OP said is that OP it's right and a game should be taken as a game especially one filled like hell with RNG. That being said, there is a big difference between what we should do and what we can do. Because I can't help being pissed off some times I play because excessive RNG occurence, because weak performance of my mates or incredible performance of opponents that make you think they are on cheats or something. Let's face it, no experienced player stops for a second ingame thinking "it's not the rng, it's not cheat, it's not my mate. I am just performing horribly today".
Fact is the game has a verry, verry competitive profile no matter what OP or others are saying because you just don't know how much rng, skill, or other things contribute to your loss/win and you are constantly trying to prove to yourself that you can win every time. Which will never happen :). Besides its competitive nature, a battle takes long enough to stretch your nervs. Which is why I guess the best players are those that can master their nervs well, just like tennis players. I am not one of those, unfortunately. And besides all, the game invites you to continuously search for new strategies and tactics that can answer to everything opponents are throwing against you. There is no infallible receipt, and we all know this since COH1.

All these things hold many players from acting pollite or mature and many other players to feel that is just a game and laugh when they lose. I tried to play SC2 before COH2 appeared. Played a couple of games, quit. It has not even 20% from COH series addiction, exactly because of the things stated above. High addiction means a higher love for the game. We have no chance to escape, it's like cigarettes: if you wanna quit, do it suddenly, without a thought and without looking back ;)
20 May 2015, 06:51 AM
Benefactor 115

20 May 2015, 09:11 AM

+1 to OP.

People need to chill. COH 2 is what it is. It was created by people who had an idea in there heads (good or bad, i wont judge). Now all the "experts" come here to tell them that they are wrong and they want them to change the game if they want it or not.
Relic never said Esport but the community, man its the only thing they talk about. Esports here, Esports there. I dont mind Esports but Relic obviusly did (now they trying to go there but i dont know if they will get there because obviusly the game was not designed for Esports).
I see this coming, COH2 goes Esport and all off the Esport Fans will complain about it being bad for Esports. The irony? You should know that before you pushed Relic for Esports.

Anyway, the main thing is that this is a "Game" (an activity that one engages in for amusement."a computer game") and we all have to treat it like one and not if this is a matter of life and death!
20 May 2015, 10:22 AM
Patrion 14

+1 to OP.

People need to chill. COH 2 is what it is. It was created by people who had an idea in there heads (good or bad, i wont judge). Now all the "experts" come here to tell them that they are wrong and they want them to change the game if they want it or not.
Relic never said Esport but the community, man its the only thing they talk about. Esports here, Esports there. I dont mind Esports but Relic obviusly did (now they trying to go there but i dont know if they will get there because obviusly the game was not designed for Esports).
I see this coming, COH2 goes Esport and all off the Esport Fans will complain about it being bad for Esports. The irony? You should know that before you pushed Relic for Esports.

Anyway, the main thing is that this is a "Game" (an activity that one engages in for amusement."a computer game") and we all have to treat it like one and not if this is a matter of life and death!

This site was created with an "esports" mindset so that's why more competitive and serious players come here I think...
Can't agree more with the OP, don't get me wrong :D
20 May 2015, 11:57 AM
Donator 11

Here we go again, someone claiming coh2 can not be an esport because it has RNG. So then... how can Poker be a competitive sport? I would argue there is a much bigger luck factor in Poker than there it is in coh2. Also coh2 doesnt have pure RNG... it will be more likely to land hits after several misses.

Reason of its lack of success as an esports has more to do with the game itself does almost zero support for competitive play. The ladder is a joke and there is no tournament system inside the client and relic have given very little support for outside run tournaments. There is no encouragement in the game to keep playing and improving. The low playernumbers for multiplayer is also a huge problem which is a result of Relics inability to decide what they want coh2 to be and promote it. They want it to be a singelplayer game... with casual compstomp but also ESL... well something gotta give with such a small studio.
20 May 2015, 16:38 PM

Well, I tend to disagree a little about some things:

1) RNG: it happens, but people seem to put all their losses on one or other engagement that took some troops. Most of the time, it's jusk f***-up by the said whiner, leaving troops unatended too long in a place. I like that RNG has its place. Life is full of randomness. What makes events special is making the most of favorable outcomes and trying to minimize bad engagements, both in RL and in CoH.

2) Raging: what people want? Escalate the ladder or have a good time? Sometimes I hear someone say that he just wants to have fun, but soon it's all the crying and whining. I sure want to be better, but I'm not willing to make the sacrifice - play more, watch more streams, read carefully the tables, etc etc etc. So I deal with it and keep learning something while playing what I can. And boy, I do suck.

3) Poker has a lot of randomness, but has great depth when you play the players and the odds, and not the cards. Should it be dismissed because of randomness? Chess, for example, is superior to it? I'd think that it's poker and chess, like pies and apples or greeks and bahianos, you can't really compare.

OP seem to dismiss the game based on the fact that it has random features. It's OK, that's a point for him, but for me it's an important feature, which make it as competitive as any other game - if you take it serious.
20 May 2015, 17:09 PM
Donator 22

http://www.best-flash-games.net/cooking-games/dora-cooking-in-la-cocina.html Here man heres a great game for u, im just gonna say that this game is far superior to coh2. And if u like it lemme know I can get u the best DLC! Compete against me and get ROFLSTOMPED, I take dora real seriously.
20 May 2015, 17:21 PM

NO.

COH2 IS LOVE
COH2 is LIFE
20 May 2015, 17:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2015, 11:57 AMspajn
Here we go again, someone claiming coh2 can not be an esport because it has RNG. So then... how can Poker be a competitive sport? I would argue there is a much bigger luck factor in Poker than there it is in coh2. Also coh2 doesnt have pure RNG... it will be more likely to land hits after several misses.

Reason of its lack of success as an esports has more to do with the game itself does almost zero support for competitive play. The ladder is a joke and there is no tournament system inside the client and relic have given very little support for outside run tournaments. There is no encouragement in the game to keep playing and improving. The low playernumbers for multiplayer is also a huge problem which is a result of Relics inability to decide what they want coh2 to be and promote it. They want it to be a singelplayer game... with casual compstomp but also ESL... well something gotta give with such a small studio.

+1; so much truth but I must disagree at one point: in poker a pair doesn't beat a drill while in COH it can happen :P
PAGES (5)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS