Login

russian armor

USSR FHQ Ability OP

22 May 2015, 05:31 AM

Like clock work the FHQ OP thread is back every month..... I'm waiting for the next "B4 killed my whole army its OP" one that fallows it usually

Well, it's soviets' turn. Before latest patch, all these complaints were targeting every single OKW unit. So let soviets enjoy at least a small part of it ;)
22 May 2015, 07:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2015, 00:52 AMGrumpy

It doesn't work well on a lot of large maps, and is less broken than CAS (or any other doctrine with Stuka dive bomb). I'd happily give up FHQ for no CAS.

Comparing commanders is not very logical. All I'm saying is, you have to veto certain map only because of this commander, which are some WFA maps built with super concrete. Ost doesn't have a problem, even in those maps 2 pios will finish the game for you. OKW on the other hand, they cant clear those building. Wooden buildings collapse with one volley of Infiltration nades, or even a couple of ordinary nades.

PS: CAS has it's problems, mostly in team games. Stuka AT loiter needs a small nerf, other wise they are fine. Dive bomb is also fine.
22 May 2015, 09:00 AM

Like clock work the FHQ OP thread is back every month..... I'm waiting for the next "B4 killed my whole army its OP" one that fallows it usually

I'm pretty sure the "shocks/guards OP because my grens died" thread is usually next on schedule.
22 May 2015, 15:20 PM

The simple fact is FHQ commander is just as cheesy as CAS support commander, both needs to be looked simultaneously.
22 May 2015, 19:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2015, 05:31 AMJohnnyB

Well, it's soviets' turn. Before latest patch, all these complaints were targeting every single OKW unit. So let soviets enjoy at least a small part of it ;)

These two items have been complained about in a new thread periodically ever since they came out, OKW was not really complained about until the last dry stretch of the game.
22 May 2015, 20:46 PM

Hi again; the reason the FHQ is retarded is because it's gimmicky in the sense that it's an all in win or lose thing. Said types of gimmicks are terrible because on one hand they are horrible in some situations and on the other retardly OP in others.

Just because the commander is shit after minute 10 doesn't excuse the fact it can win the game before that, just because the game can be won before that doesn't excuse the poor late game scaling.

The commander would be much more fun if it was an emplacement or HQ you build on the ground that your troops could retreat to and heal at.

Think of it like this, would you rather keep the current "win at minute 10 or bust" form of the commander or a better scaling one that is more versatile and gives Soviets an edge on the bigger more open maps were they tend to suffer?
22 May 2015, 21:18 PM

Hi again; the reason the FHQ is retarded is because it's gimmicky in the sense that it's an all in win or lose thing. Said types of gimmicks are terrible because on one hand they are horrible in some situations and on the other retardly OP in others.

Just because the commander is shit after minute 10 doesn't excuse the fact it can win the game before that, just because the game can be won before that doesn't excuse the poor late game scaling.

The commander would be much more fun if it was an emplacement or HQ you build on the ground that your troops could retreat to and heal at.

Think of it like this, would you rather keep the current "win at minute 10 or bust" form of the commander or a better scaling one that is more versatile and gives Soviets an edge on the bigger more open maps were they tend to suffer?

No one is saying we want FHQ to remain as is, we are saying it is balanced as is. Cheesey yes, but balanced. If Relic wanted to redesign the commander it would be fine. The commander needs an overhaul to make it really part of the meta.
22 May 2015, 21:41 PM

tis abeelitee es cumplately faine en fakt et shud be cumplately frei sense sowveets dawnt geet heevy tanx

I dont get why people get moderated only because their english is not that great! Such comments contribute to the community a huge deal!
22 May 2015, 21:57 PM

Forward HQ is definitely OP. I still remember that one match

>1v1 on kholodny
>i use forward hq on the church
>pios see it
>enemy shows his tension
>he writes something about chromosomes for sale in the chat
>i ignore it, i have plenty of chromosomes, surely much more than him
>the enemy goes full mortar
>he spams like 5 mortars
>only pios capping
>i try to use this to my advantage
>my first unit is molotov upgrade
>i see 7 mortars trying to get that church, constantly missing
>demo kills pios, i got full map control now
>the enemy writes about damn forward hqs that always grant map control early game
>i ignore that comment and go for my second unit
>the at grenade
>the hq has only 25 percent of hp
>you appear suited for command
>almost over of the match, i foresee panther rush
>i spam m42s
>the forward hq finally crashes
>i feel drops of sweat on my forehead
>i see burst of laughter in the chat
>the people anticipate our victory
>he tries to cap vps
>i booby trapped them
>i fear the defeat, try to rush base with m42s and utilize molotovs
>victory
>how, i can't believe it

And I come here and see shitposts like the HQ is OK.
22 May 2015, 22:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2015, 07:04 AMRMMLz

Comparing commanders is not very logical. All I'm saying is, you have to veto certain map only because of this commander, which are some WFA maps built with super concrete. Ost doesn't have a problem, even in those maps 2 pios will finish the game for you. OKW on the other hand, they cant clear those building. Wooden buildings collapse with one volley of Infiltration nades, or even a couple of ordinary nades.

PS: CAS has it's problems, mostly in team games. Stuka AT loiter needs a small nerf, other wise they are fine. Dive bomb is also fine.

No, CAS is okay only in 1v1 and is batshit broken in large team games. Dive bomb is anything but fine. It is the only airplane skill with no counter, no warning where it will hit, and makes it impossible for Soviets to use ML-20's. (I would include B4 but the last patch made the B4 nearly worthless anyway - unless you like completely RNG units)
22 May 2015, 22:20 PM

The simple fact is FHQ commander is just as cheesy as CAS support commander, both needs to be looked simultaneously.

One of my hopes for the next patch is to see FHQ nerfed into oblivion. It should never be allowed to be set up in enemy territory, and maybe not even neutral. CAS gives too much muni per fuel, and dive bomb shouldn't have laser precision nor should it destroy field artillery.
22 May 2015, 22:36 PM

No one is saying we want FHQ to remain as is, we are saying it is balanced as is. Cheesey yes, but balanced. If Relic wanted to redesign the commander it would be fine. The commander needs an overhaul to make it really part of the meta.

It's not at all balanced, that's the issue. On some maps it can easily prevent OKW from getting anywhere and cause them to lose all map control, on others it's useless. A commander should not be 100% map dependent.

Against Ost yeah it's more balanced but it's still a huge pain in the dick if the building that's FHQ'ed is a stone one that is very hard to take down using normal mortars.
23 May 2015, 04:42 AM

It's not at all balanced, that's the issue. On some maps it can easily prevent OKW from getting anywhere and cause them to lose all map control, on others it's useless. A commander should not be 100% map dependent.

Against Ost yeah it's more balanced but it's still a huge pain in the dick if the building that's FHQ'ed is a stone one that is very hard to take down using normal mortars.

Course, so just post that game where you were completely defeated by OKW getting locked out by FHQ player and let's talk about it. Otherwise, stop theory crafting.
23 May 2015, 07:25 AM

Course, so just post that game where you were completely defeated by OKW getting locked out by FHQ player and let's talk about it. Otherwise, stop theory crafting.

Have you ever played on Ettlebruck, Trios Point, or any of the other WFA stone building maps? All of them have large buildings that can take double stuka barrages located in central locations meaning even when you do finally get your Stuka out he's still got a minute and a half of that HQ left.

It's not theory crafting, but then again you play nothing but 4's were the FHQ isn't even a problem.
23 May 2015, 20:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2015, 22:15 PMGrumpy

No, CAS is okay only in 1v1 and is batshit broken in large team games. Dive bomb is anything but fine. It is the only airplane skill with no counter, no warning where it will hit, and makes it impossible for Soviets to use ML-20's. (I would include B4 but the last patch made the B4 nearly worthless anyway - unless you like completely RNG units)

Are we talking about the same Stuka Dive Bomb? Because you units have sound queue for it, it has flares, it takes for ever to land and it has a freakin' siren. Doctrines countering each other is not a big news. There are a lot of thing wrong with the CAS, but Stuka dive bombing ain't one.
27 May 2015, 01:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2015, 20:55 PMRMMLz

Are we talking about the same Stuka Dive Bomb? Because you units have sound queue for it, it has flares, it takes for ever to land and it has a freakin' siren. Doctrines countering each other is not a big news.

Really? Is there a special version of COH2 where the Stuka bomb strike has flares? Also one where ML-20's are moveable? I want the doctrine that completely counters CAS.

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2015, 20:55 PMRMMLz

...There are a lot of thing wrong with the CAS, but Stuka dive bombing ain't one.
There's only five skills, and nothing wrong with the recon or the anti-tank strafe. The anti-infantry strafe is only bad if two or more players have CAS, or if the allied player likes to blob. You went full retard here.
28 May 2015, 12:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2015, 01:28 AMGrumpy

Really? Is there a special version of COH2 where the Stuka bomb strike has flares? Also one where ML-20's are moveable? I want the doctrine that completely counters CAS.

There's only five skills, and nothing wrong with the recon or the anti-tank strafe. The anti-infantry strafe is only bad if two or more players have CAS, or if the allied player likes to blob. You went full retard here.

By flares I mean the red indicators which warn you. AT strafe is OP, one shots most allied tanks, AI strafe is also problematic. But Stuka bombing strike is very situational and counters static targets. Of course it should counter ML-20 or B4. IL precision strike does the same thing.
28 May 2015, 13:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 May 2015, 12:09 PMRMMLz

By flares I mean the red indicators which warn you. AT strafe is OP, one shots most allied tanks, AI strafe is also problematic. But Stuka bombing strike is very situational and counters static targets. Of course it should counter ML-20 or B4. IL precision strike does the same thing.

Yes, but you were saying that the Stuka bomb strike has flares, which is doesn't. It isn't the lack of flares that bothers me, it's the fact that roughly 1 minute of fuel and ammo resources in a 4v4 counters 3 minutes of manpower (ML20).

The AT strafe has probably 3 seconds of warning to move your vehicles. I don't lose many units to it. Once in awhile I lose a Katy to it because I didn't notice the recon plane, but also not often. The AT strafe doesn't seem any more OP than the IL precision strike.

The problem with the doctrine is the fuel to muni conversion gives way too much munitions, so combined with really strong skills makes the commander really difficult to deal with.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★