Login

russian armor

USF 1v1 Map Veto Help

15 May 2015, 15:11 PM

Hello there everyone. I was wondering what maps you would veto for USF in 1v1? I want to get into 1v1, but I wanted to know some good map vetos first. Thanks for the help.
15 May 2015, 15:30 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Langreskaya,Minsk Pocket,Crossing in the Woods,4th is up to you.

Basically maps that are open and lack alot of flank routes are bad for americans because Axis can gun you down on approach with just about anything because their units are suited for longer open ranges.
Hope that helps
15 May 2015, 17:44 PM

Actually, kharkov is also terrible for USF. It's probaly the worst map for USF, actually.
16 May 2015, 07:22 AM
Donator 22

I strike bystraya voda, minsk, and kharov, and then whatever else I don't want (usually stalingrad, la gleize, or semoisky winter). I hate maps that are narrow, or very urban, or winter. All of them are annoying to deal with as USF.

I personally love crossing and langres :o
16 May 2015, 08:24 AM

For me: Bystrya Voda, and Minsk continue to have the unfortunately dubious dishonor of holding an insta-veto for all factions.
And I feel Kharkov and Crossing can be really tough, as it's easy for the Axis to be compact, so they eat up my other open vetos.

If I'm in good form I'll play Crossing over Faymonville however.
16 May 2015, 19:20 PM

Bystraya Voda and Minsk are insta vetoes across all factions. How did Bystraya get into automatch in the first place..

Langres and Crossing are quite bad for USF so i usually veto these too...

But a well placed T4 truck or a couple of MG's can screw you over on Kharkov. So i sometimes switch the veto with Langres depending on my mood.
16 May 2015, 20:27 PM
Donator 11

It's not as binary as most of replies here suggest. Huge open maps like crossing, langres, minsk or even bystraya are perfect for light vehicle play. And that is the matter where usf excell so these are not as bad as it may seem, if you can adapt to the map those maps can be perfect for that faction.

Personally I veto stalingrad with all factions and bystraya if I am getting sick of it as it sadly happens.
16 May 2015, 20:47 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

It's not as binary as most of replies here suggest. Huge open maps like crossing, langres, minsk or even bystraya are perfect for light vehicle play. And that is the matter where usf excell so these are not as bad as it may seem, if you can adapt to the map those maps can be perfect for that faction.

Personally I veto stalingrad with all factions and bystraya if I am getting sick of it as it sadly happens.

It may be open for the vehicles, but it's also open for the AT guns,snipers,LMGs,HMGs, even scout cars,etc.

And also have obvious flank routes that are easy to shut down.

Not only that but if the game lasts 30+ mins the middle of these maps turn into no mans land,which isn't USFs forte.

Or drive straight into their kill zones And abuse smoke.
Not saying you can't win on these maps

, it just mAkes it easy for axis to just look at you and shoot you. Which isn't fun when nothing you have can take many hits.
20 May 2015, 11:58 AM

I veto langres, crossing and anything that starts with the word winter. I don't veto minsk, i quite like it as US for some reason.
20 May 2015, 12:22 PM

I made the mistake of playing Minsk as USF once and the game lasted almost an hour because the OKW player just turtled in the mid but forgot about the peripherals.

Bystraya and Stalingrad for all factions, then as USF I'd veto Minsk and maybe Kholodny Winter because of the single munitions point which si very easy to hold as axis with a single MG.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★