Thank you Watson
14 May 2015, 13:36 PM
Donator 11

This one's all yours champ
14 May 2015, 13:38 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2015, 13:36 PMFuzz
This one's all yours champ

Your assistance has been worthless, you are dismissed.
14 May 2015, 13:40 PM
Donator 11

Your thread is stupid, it does nothing but fuel the toxic nature of this community.
14 May 2015, 13:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2015, 13:10 PMGrumpy

Evidently Tier 1 Soviet is cheese while Tier 2 is spam so some people end up eating a spam and cheese sandwich and feel the need to have some whine with it.

Made my day.
14 May 2015, 13:55 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2015, 13:40 PMFuzz
Your thread is stupid, it does nothing but fuel the toxic nature of this community.

Well then, at least my thread has something in common with the community. You on the other hand... such a pity
14 May 2015, 13:58 PM
Donator 11

Yeah, I'm bawling over here :clap:
14 May 2015, 14:02 PM

Permanently Banned
spam back

I might be the only one here that finds complete spam-fests funn as hell

especially when both sides are good

a good 4v4 spam fest is more exciting than anything else ive ever experienced in coh2
14 May 2015, 14:27 PM

People spam stupid shit all the time in EVERY video game. In Battlefield, there was a n00b-tube Grenade launcher, C&C Generals there was Raptor jet spam, RA2 there was Jet spam & tank spam. I mean this is not specific to COH2, but to every game out there. I am sure other people can add to my list.
14 May 2015, 14:38 PM
Coder Red Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2015, 11:54 AMFuzz

Can't wait to quote you on this in a few months

I would love it to change. But they had a chance to change it with WFA and it didn't happen. If Brits are released with a proper RTS structure and a wide variety of proper upgrades that would be amazing, but I really don't see it happening. Hopefully I'm wrong.
14 May 2015, 14:40 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2015, 14:38 PMInverse

I would love it to change. But they had a chance to change it with WFA and it didn't happen. If Brits are released with a proper RTS structure and a wide variety of proper upgrades that would be amazing, but I really don't see it happening. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I think some people are going to be pleasantly surprised :)
14 May 2015, 14:42 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I stated the things I came across most common. Your options, I do see them from time to time, yet they are not what I face almost every game xd

Well 5 to 6 conscripts, 3 to 4 guards, 4 shocks, not to mention 4 to 5 maxims, 4 t34 85s, 2 is2s. Very common in 2v2s, and just very lame. It is not that it is unbeatable, it is just boring, straight out boring and reptitive.

Then it's up to you to improve your gameplay and start facing people who are just better than that.

What's the difference with facing Gren spam CAS or Gren-2xMG42-Mortar-HT-PIV-Tiger/Elephant?

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2015, 13:10 PMGrumpy

Evidently Tier 1 Soviet is cheese while Tier 2 is spam so some people end up eating a spam and cheese sandwich and feel the need to have some whine with it.

Been consider like that since release day and will still be till the end of the days.
14 May 2015, 15:30 PM

Permanently Banned

Then it's up to you to improve your gameplay and start facing people who are just better than that.

What's the difference with facing Gren spam CAS or Gren-2xMG42-Mortar-HT-PIV-Tiger/Elephant?

Been consider like that since release day and will still be till the end of the days.

Such a worthy comment, improve my gameplay and start facing people who are just better than that? Lol from what I've seen in replays etc, 'people who are just better than that' spam as well my dear friend. Or do you seem to think spamming resolves just around people who are not 'better' ?

Your ignorance is pretty harsh then..
14 May 2015, 15:32 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2015, 14:40 PMFuzz

I think some people are going to be pleasantly surprised :)

Are they? Surprised by the new cheese they will introduce at the cost of 20 dollars, euros, pounds for just one faction and some campaign? Whatever it will be, it will resolve spam and enless reptitiveness.

14 May 2015, 15:54 PM

Permanently Banned
I just faced something new. Did a 4v4 on steppes. One USF player had 50 cal. jeeps, 2 of them in the first 2 minutes of the game. Togheter with two russian trucks they pushed us off entirely within the frist 5 minutes.

Ehm how is this balanced? Relic and their 0cp abilities are just so stupid, I can't believe anyone can actually approve such appalling ideas. The same situation back when the mechanised tiger doctrine came out with the grenadiers with mp40s. They came at 0cp and raped anything. These jeeps do the damn same, riflesquads in them as well...
14 May 2015, 16:49 PM

You're right about why they're angry but I think you're wrong about whether or not it should be happening.

If it should be part of the game, then to what extent should it be effective (damage/second) and to what extent penalised (rec acc, splash)?

I think a lot of people loved CoH for being an alternative to blob n spam games. Suppression and cover mechanics add a lot to the gameplay. You had to learn positioning, timing, tricky mechanics. These things are of less importance when blobbing is effective.

Currently all I see is a battle of who can get the bigger blob and focus fire his enemy down while pressing retreat in time for his units being focused.

And then guards motor/shock rifle/Tiger/whatever meta.

However in a battle of 5 units vs 5 units, whoever uses cover or is flanking will win. On equal terms the player that has better positioning will always win. having 2 rifle units defend against 5 rifle units is waaaaaay too much and shouldn't happen.

Also this is the first time I've heard anyone complain about the Dodge jeep since it got nerfed jesus christ
14 May 2015, 17:44 PM

However in a battle of 5 units vs 5 units, whoever uses cover or is flanking will win. On equal terms the player that has better positioning will always win. having 2 rifle units defend against 5 rifle units is waaaaaay too much and shouldn't happen.

Also this is the first time I've heard anyone complain about the Dodge jeep since it got nerfed jesus christ

You're right about 5 vs 5. But I don't wanna blob up, that's the point.

14 May 2015, 17:49 PM

anything is possible if your opponent is bad enough.
OF COURSE, but even in high level matches, the nuber of strats goes waaaaay down.

diversity in a strategy game is important. it's a shame that coh2 has so few non-doctrinal units
14 May 2015, 18:07 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Such a worthy comment, improve my gameplay and start facing people who are just better than that? Lol from what I've seen in replays etc, 'people who are just better than that' spam as well my dear friend. Or do you seem to think spamming resolves just around people who are not 'better' ?

Your ignorance is pretty harsh then..

People who just play better, can commit to use a wider variety of units and strats. That doesn't imply that they can't just go with the old same "meta" strats.

PD: if you complain about the crappy dodge, you have a way long road to keep improving.
14 May 2015, 18:40 PM

This board so full of retards and trolls, it's unbelievable.

The original topic here is spam as game design element, including all factions in the 1st post. Yet the usual trolls find a way to undermine it with their bais and not called for theories of "... blabla Sovs OP" and "...u madz, AXIS super OP blabla".

Why you ignorant tards think that everyone here is interessted in your fucked up opinion on general Allies/Axis balance and how OP everything is when something really particluar is discussed.

Almost impossible to start a completely legit discussion about a game design implemnetation.

Instead you stupid punks bore everyone here with your mindless bullshit that's blobbering out of your heads, while having no reason and no manner at all.

Some of you assheads really should only be able to post once a day for the sake of everyone else here.

Thanks for ruining every good discussion in this forum...

regards
ace
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight