Login

russian armor

The queue for AT is too damn high!

12 May 2015, 19:28 PM

The more frustrating part of waiting a long time for a balanced match in 3v3s or 4v4s is that typically people are connecting from the four corners of the planet to be matched up.

Sometimes I just want a match to run smoothly before I can even tell if it is a competitive match or not.

5+ seconds of delay ruins the game no matter the skill rating.
12 May 2015, 19:29 PM
Coder Red Badge

But that still negatively affects other players by making it more likely that they experience an imbalanced matchup. Scaling is already in place to expand your pool of potential matches as your queue time increases. Accelerating that scaling artificially would screw up the balance of equal matches vs. queue times that's built into the algorithm.
12 May 2015, 20:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2015, 19:29 PMInverse
But that still negatively affects other players by making it more likely that they experience an imbalanced matchup. Scaling is already in place to expand your pool of potential matches as your queue time increases. Accelerating that scaling artificially would screw up the balance of equal matches vs. queue times that's built into the algorithm.

Even if it matched us with other 'fast' search players? By selecting fast search you would basically be forfeiting a balanced approach. Either way it looks pretty grim, guess ill just keep playing arkanoid while I wait.
12 May 2015, 20:40 PM
Coder Red Badge

That would introduce fragmentation to the automatch pool, which means longer wait times and less balanced matchups in general for everyone, especially people who don't opt for faster games at the expense of balanced matches. And honestly, no regular player is going to opt into getting destroyed by someone far better than them, which is what an option like this would essentially be.
12 May 2015, 21:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2015, 20:40 PMInverse
That would introduce fragmentation to the automatch pool, which means longer wait times and less balanced matchups in general for everyone, especially people who don't opt for faster games at the expense of balanced matches. And honestly, no regular player is going to opt into getting destroyed by someone far better than them, which is what an option like this would essentially be.

Call me crazy but I never care or cared about losing. I remember getting crushed for like 3 straight years in coh1. When you lose, yeah it sucks initially, but there is a lot to learn from losses, more than wins. I doubt any of the guys in the top 1v1 didn't have their fair share of getting shit on. They probably worked hard to get where there at. Now we get to read public announcements about people not playing till the game is 'fixed'. There are custom games if people are really concerned about playing games in a vacuum, but I selected matchmaking ladder for a reason.
13 May 2015, 04:12 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

If you want a balanced game, just restart the searching every 2-3 mins.
13 May 2015, 07:22 AM

Try searching as allies :lol:

lmao +1

I search whatever team has the least people bam! insta pops all day everyday

13 May 2015, 08:23 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2015, 15:07 PMkamk
Nobody actually seeing his attached playercard apparently :P

Ok, so now I saw it. Now the reason for long waiting queue is obvious.
OP - If you are ranked 2 in AT there are probably around 10 teams in whole player base that can play on your level. Usually none of those ~30 ppl is online, sometimes a few from different teams. When a whole team is online and is searching at the same time as whole your team then it is a small miracle of coh.
13 May 2015, 12:52 PM

The player base is just way too small right now. When I go on for a game around 8:00pm eastern time there are about 2500 people looking for a game. My scrub ranking is getting matched up against top 500 and higher a lot lately regardless of the match ... 1v1 thru 4v4 ... and I am getting them fast. Weekends are better I see around 6000 searching and the matchups are much better.
The Alpha team and Relic better hit a home run.
13 May 2015, 13:01 PM

The player base is just way too small right now. When I go on for a game around 8:00pm eastern time there are about 2500 people looking for a game. My scrub ranking is getting matched up against top 500 and higher a lot lately regardless of the match ... 1v1 thru 4v4 ... and I am getting them fast. Weekends are better I see around 6000 searching and the matchups are much better.
The Alpha team and Relic better hit a home run.

Where can I see how many players are searching a game? just curious...
13 May 2015, 13:20 PM
Coder Red Badge

You can't. He's going off of number of players in-game, which you can find in a number of places. At any given time, there are likely less than 100 players searching for an automatch game in any given mode. When CoH1 had 12,000 people online, there were never more than 30 people in 1v1 automatch at once.
13 May 2015, 13:30 PM

If you click on the global chat in game, click it just before you start a game search, it will tell you at the top:

XXXXX players online.

How many are in game, waiting for a game or watch games who knows. Should have worded it better up above. Just the number of people online at that time.
13 May 2015, 15:21 PM

Try searching as allies :lol:

He's rank 2 in 3v3At as allies...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 43
unknown 14
unknown 10
Germany 15

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias